PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONWith Aspen Le Bistro Gravity Pet feeder your cat has food available at all times. With its gravity system, the food drops as your cat eats and it relieves you from pouring food into a bowl every day.
Made from PET plastic (safe, recyclable plastic that does not contain PBA), which is healthier for your cat and more environmentally friendly than those feeders made from PVC.
The feeder total capacity is 2 lbs, which makes this unit more suitable for small pets, such as cats and small dogs. The bowl’s capacity is approximately 1 cup of dry food.
This particular size of Aspen Le Bistro Gravity feeder (2 lbs capacity) comes in blue, and the bigger size of 5 lbs capacity comes in brown, suitable for bigger pets.
This review is for Aspen Le Bistro Gravity feeder for small pets.
- Gravity system provides your pet access to food throughout the day
- Transparent hopper allows you to see the food level
- Easy to refill with removable top
- Hopper capacity 2 lbs
- Dimensions: 10” x 6” x 9.9”
- Weight: 0.9 lbs
- Material: PET plastic
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF ASPEN LE BISTRO GRAVITY FEEDER?
- Gravity feeder relieves you from having to pour food in your cat’s bowl every day
- It provides your cat food access at all times (to free feeding cats)
- Feeder is well made
- Easy to fill
- Easy to keep clean
- Fully disassembled for easy hand washing
- Made from PET recyclable plastic, environmentally friendly
- Good price
- Gravity feeders don’t control your cat’s food intake, free feeding system is only for some cats
- It does not work very well with big sized kibble
- Hopper needs to be shaken a little to keep dispensing
- It’s not dishwasher safe
- Bowl size it’s on the small side
The feeder seems to work better with small round or flat kibble as it allows the food to flow better down to the bowl. Very small round or flat kibble make the gravity system work better.
Aspen Le Bistro Gravity Pet Feeder is an option to free feed cats for a good price. Gravity feeders help you from having to pour food into the bowls every day which could be annoying to cat owners.
This particular size is special to feed small pets; the unit is smaller than what it looks in the picture. The bowl is narrow as well.
This gravity feeder, as commonly occurs with all of its types, needs to be shaken a little to keep the gravity system working. The food not dropping continuously happens more often with irregularly shaped kibble, such as stars, flowers, triangles, etc., and big kibbles (bigger than 1/4” dia).
For all these reasons and Pros and Cons;
√ I recommend Aspen Le Bistro Gravity Feeder:
- To be used for one cat that does not need control food intake
- Used with very small round or flat kibble
- If you are willing to shake the unit once in a while to keep the gravity system working
x I don’t recommend it:
- For more than one cat
- Used with irregularly shaped kibble (stars, flowers, etc.) or big kibble
- For cats that need to control their food intake
- If you don’t want to check on the feeder to keep the gravity system working