The CSF-3 cat Super Feeder automatic feeder has several features that make easier to leave your cat alone at home and being confident your pet will be fed on time.
It is also a good device for feeding two cats, whether eating from the same bowl or separately. If you want your cats to eat apart, you can adapt the Super Feeder to make it dispense the food in two separate directions.
Additionally, the Super Feeder gives you the option to mount the unit on a wall to make it harder for your mischievous cat to reach the food.
The CSF-3 Super Feeder allows you to feed your cat from a fraction of a cup to several cups of dry food per day up to 8 cycles. With the supplied digital timer you can adjust length and frequency for each meal, with a minimum of 3 minutes between each meal.
- The Super Feeder CSF-3 comes with a large and tough poly-carbonate chute cover special to keep away that smart cat.
- This feeder could also be used with a home automation system and/or web-based system. CSF-3 without stand/bowl
- Internal electronic timer with micro adjustment controller with seconds allows the feeder to provide small snacks in between main meals.
- All parts of this feeder can be replaced. Parts are removable and dishwasher-safe.
- The feeder holds 4 and ¾ cups of dry food (approx. 5.6 lbs with small rounded kibble) and its capacity can be increased with the 1.5-gallon hopper.
- Digital timer with 24-hr clock format/7-day features a minimum setting of 1 second (length of time the feeder releasing food) and 8 (on-off) cycles (meals) by day with battery backup to retain time and program.
- It has a protection system that avoids random overfeed if the remote timer is “on” during power fluctuations or interruptions.
- Dimensions of the food dispenser 11″ X 10″ X 15″
- The manufacturer gives one year guarantee for the feeder while timers and external adapters have 90 days guarantee.
How the CSF-3 Super Feeder controls food portions:
The amount of food to be dispensed at a time is controlled through the adjustment of the period of time the feeder will run.
The time of each cycle goes from a split second to approximately 70 seconds. As a reference, 60 seconds will dispense approximately 1 cup of dry cat food. The smaller the food, the more food will be dispensed for a given period of time.
In order to get the best accuracy with a given size of food, the length of time has to be adjusted through the trial-and-error method. The recommended pellet (small round/spherical 1/4″ diameter) gives you the best performance and accuracy.
How the system works to push the food out:
The CSF-3 Super Feeder does not use a screw system to capture and push the food out to be dispensed. It uses a roller and baffle system that creates permanent motion inside the machine to prevent trapped food problems common to other automatic feeders.
This system will also not bind up on kibbles likely damaging the gear drive and causing food not to come out.
Does the Super Feeder work to feed 2 cats?
Yes. You will need to make a few changes using some accessories, but this is completely possible.
Can this unit be used outdoor?
Yes. The unit is weatherproof, none of the internal parts are exposed to the elements. The Super Feeder is made from sun resistant high-impact plastic, this is crucial when it comes to using devices outdoor.
To use it outdoor, the Super Feeder needs to be used without the stand (as seen in image 2); and mounted in a wall, attached to a piece of lumber. The black metal bracket that comes with the unit is 3.5″ wide and it fits 2×4 or 4×4.
To redirect the food from the feeder to the bowl you use a gutter that goes attached to the feeder and the chute. If you get the extra hopper you can mount it on a wall too.
This is only one idea how to set up the unit. There are several other ideas how to do it.
Digital Timer allows to customize a group of days:
With the supplied 24-hr clock format 7-day digital timer you can customize a group of days of the week for a feeding schedule, for example, you can program the automatic feeder to feed your cat just on weekends if you want.
Multiple Feeding Cycles:
With the digital timer, the CSF-3 unit gives you consecutive feeding cycles in as little as 3-minute intervals if you want (it features a minimum ON-OFF time of 1 second) and you can program the feeder up to 8 times by day at any time.
This timer also allows you to give your cat additional meals in between by pushing the manual button to trigger your Super Feeder at any time. Besides, you can customize amounts of food for each meal (overriding the standard internal setting of the feeder), for example, big breakfast and small dinners.
The multiple feeding cycles are limited only by programmable remote timer used and ON/OFF settings so if you want to feed manually your pet you can just turn off the feeder and you won’t need to reprogram it.
The CSF-3 Super Feeder can be used with Home Automation System:
If you are away on a trip and are a concern if your cat got fed, you can monitor or control the CSF-3 Super Feeder through a home automation system, even including webcams.
If you can, for example, turn on appliances in your house through the phone, you could do that with the Super Feeder.
NOTE: At the end of this review, find the new CSF-3 Super Feeder Wi-Fi, controlled by Smartphone, iPad or Tablet.
VIDEO HOW THE SUPER FEEDER WORKS
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF THIS UNIT?
- Control over the length of feeding, frequency, and amount.
- Allows customizing groups of days of the week for feeding schedule.
- Special feature keeps programs after powered down (no re-program needed).
- Designed for best performance with classic small size cat pellet (1/4”), but it works with pellets up to 5/8″ diameter size.
- Large and tough poly-carbonate chute cover protection allows keeping your cat away from the chute.
- Optional slow-speed power adapter for very small portions.
- Can be programmed to dispense up to 8 portions by day, excellent for feeding two cats.
- You can use a different bowl (good if your cat is allergic to plastic).
- Can be mounted on a wall, cabinet or across a corner wall (with accessories)
- Can be used with a home automation system.
- This automatic feeder is not cheap made and lasts for several years.
- Personalized customer service for this product.
- A little tricky to be assembled (easy with the YouTube video).
- It does not have backup power supply if is unplugged accidentally.
- Portions are a little less accurate with very small flat disc type kibbles.
- This is an excellent automatic feeder, but its price is not low.
TIPS WHEN USING THIS AUTOMATIC FEEDER:
- Use the stand set up only for indoor.
- To assemble it, make sure to have a small and medium Phillips tip screwdriver.
- Tape the cable to the floor to prevent your cat unplug the system when walking around.
- You will get the best performance and accuracy of the CSF-3 if you use square/round kibbles with 1/4″ size diameter. You also can use bigger and flat pellets and in this case, you will have to set portions through the trial and error method.
- Special Tip: If the food total capacity of the Super Feeder is not enough, you can check the “CSF-3XL Combo” that is exactly the same Super Feeder but it comes with a 24-cups hopper for extra capacity.
√ I absolutely recommend the Super Feeder CSF-3 as one of the best automatic cat feeders, and especially:
- If you have your cat on a diet
- Ir your cat has diabetes.
- If your pet is obsessed with food and smart “locksmith” type of cat
- If you want to feed two cats.
- If you need to be several days away from home.
- If you use spherical small size pellet (1/4″) as they are still the best recommended for accuracy in dispensing. However, this automatic feeder works with pellets up to 5/8″ diameter size.
Super Feeder with Analog Timer
The Super Feeder Analog is the same CSF-3 device but it comes with an analog timer. The analog timer can be programmed up to 48 daily feeding cycles, 30 minutes apart from each meal, but in case of power outage, the feeder will keep the feeding cycles (example 3 times a day) but feeding time may be off schedule. Also, with an analog timer the horizon of programming it’s up to 24 hours.
Wi-Fi CSF-3 Super Feeder, with Wi-Fi Plug
Now you can program feeding times on your Super Feeder using the Wi-Fi plugin which gives you the flexibility to use your unit with an external timer or with Wi-Fi plug.
The TP-Link Wi-Fi plug is compatible with Operating systems Android 4.1 or higher and iOS8 or higher.
All you need to do is plugging your Super Feeder to the Wi-Fi plug and connect it to your home Wi-Fi Network and you will be able to schedule feeding times, using the Kasa App that comes with the TP-Link plug.
By using the smart TP-Link with various electronic devices in your house you can group all your electronics in the same Kasa App, such as lights, kettle, lamps, etc, including your Super Feeder.
The feeding schedule will be determined by turning the Super Feeder on and off at scheduled times. You can control the time when the feeder will go off on your Smartphone, iPad or Tablet.
With the Super Feeder Wi-Fi, you can control several feeders at the same time, at different locations by simply using the Wi-Fi plugin. You can also use voice command, pairing the plug with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
You can get the Wi-Fi Super Feeder also with the extra 24 cup-capacity hopper.