Elevating the cat food is a good alternative for cats that eat too fast and throw up their food. I reviewed elevated cat feeding stations and bowls to help cat owners in choosing a good alternative to raise the food for their pets. The common factor of elevated bowls or feeding stations is that you need to pour food every day to feed your cat, but not with Wuipet. Wuipet is an automatic cat feeder that raises the food for your cat to eat in a better posture. This unit can be programmed with a feeding schedule and with portions according to your cat’s needs.
Features of Wuipet Elevated Automatic Feeder
- You can program up to 4 meals per day
- Minimum portion 14g (small kibble); Maximum 126g (small kibble)
- You can choose portions from 1 to 9 for each meal
- A personal audio recording calling your cat to eat (10-sec max)
- Comes with raisers to raise the feeder and the bowl (assembling required)
- Anti-slid stickers included for the feeder and bowl holder
- The lid can only be removed by human hands
- Blue nightlight to illuminate the screen
- Desiccant bag on the lid to keep the kibble free of moisture
- Stainless steel bowl and bowl plastic holder
- Removable and semi-transparent food tank
- Flexible rotating flap to ensure a smooth dispensing
- Food tank capacity: 17 cups
- Power: DC 5V adapter and 3x alkaline D batteries as power backup (not included).
- Feeder dimension without bowl: (assembled with raisers): 7” W x 7” D x 13.5” H
- Bowl dimension (assembled with raisers): 6-2/8” W x 3” H
- Feeder’s weight: 3.39 pounds (1.54kg)
Key Features of the Wuipet Elevated Cat Feeder
- Elevation of cat food: This is the only automatic feeder that raises the food bowl for your cat by adding 1 inch, for a total of 3 inches up to the rim.
- Battery backup: The main power source of Wuipet is electricity, but it works in conjunction with batteries as a backup in case of power loss.
- Turn on/off switch: If you need to stop the feeder from operating you can turn it off.
- Daily food intake chart: Wuipet provides a chart for you to know exactly how to program your cat’s feeding schedule with the right portions according to how much you want your cat to eat per day.
- Manual feedings: You can press the feeder buttons anytime to give your cat an extra meal.
- Reset to factory default: You can erase the feeding schedule and the clock by simply pressing a button.
What comes in the box
- 1 x Wuipet Elevated Automatic Pet Feeder
- 1 x Stainless steel bowl
- 1 x Plastic bowl holder
- 2 x Desiccant bags (one in the lid, one as backup)
- 10 x 1-inch feeder raisers
- 10 x 2-inch feeder raisers
- 15 x Anti-slip stickers
- 1 x Power adapter
- 1 x User guide
How the Wuipet Elevated Cat Feeder works
Wuipet can be programmed to dispense 4 meals of dry food per day. You can set mealtimes and portions for each. Each portion is equal to approximately 14g with small kibble so when programming it will be 1=14g dry food (small kibble size). The feeder dispenses from 1 to 9 portions for each meal so you can feed your cat a minimum of 14g up to a maximum of 126g at a time. The suitable kibble size to use with the Wuipet is from 2 mm to 12 mm (0.07 -0.47 in) in diameter. Larger kibble could get stuck inside the food outlet.
Also, you can record a 10-sec audio message calling your cat to eat. This record will play two times right before each dispensing.
How to set up the Wuipet
The first step I always do is to wipe clean all the parts that will be exposed with cat food. Then dry each of them very well. Next is assembling the feeder and the bowl by putting the raisers at the base of the feeder and bowl holder. The unit comes with two sets of raisers, 1-inch high, and 2-in high. In my case, I put the 2-inch raisers at the base of the feeder and the 1-inch raisers at the base of the bowl holder and it works very well. Then connect the plug under the base of the feeder and place the batteries in case you want a power backup. Place the stainless steel bowl on the bowl holder. Then remove the lid and put cat food. Set the feeder on the floor, place the bowl right next to the feeder (it doesn’t assemble, the bowl just sits next to the feeder), and plug the unit into the electric outlet. You are ready to program it.
Video of how to set up the Wuipet Elevated Automatic Cat Feeder
Programming the Wuipet Automatic Feeder
Important when programming: The screen of the Wuipet is locked by default so you need to unlock the screen first. To do this you must press ▼ for 3 seconds. Knowing this, follow these steps to program the clock, meals, and mealtimes:
- Enter the current time in the feeder’s clock: Press ▼ for 3 seconds the lock icon will display as unlock. Then press and hold the SET button for 3 seconds, the hour will flash, enter the current hour by pressing the ▼or ▲, press SET, minutes will flash, do the same using the ▼ or ▲ buttons to enter the minutes. Press SET to save. The current time is now programmed in the feeder.
- Set the number of Meals per Day: Unlock the screen. Press SET button, the word “Meal” appears, and the meal number flashes. Press the ▼ or ▲ buttons to program 1 to 4 meals according to your cat feeding schedule.
- Programming portions and Mealtimes: Right after you choose the number of meals the screen shows the hour digit for the Meal #1. Press ▼ or ▲ to set the hour of the first meal, press SET, and now choose the minutes doing the same. Press SET. Once you save the time for Meal #1 the portion digit will flash. Choose the portion # using the ▼ or ▲ buttons. You can choose from 1 to 9. (If you don’t know what portion to enter consult the user manual that comes with a chart of daily intake and portions). Repeat the same process for the rest of the meals.
Video how to program the Wuipet Elevated Automatic Feeder
- Audio message: To record a 10-sec message unlock the screen first by pressing ▼ button for 3 seconds. Then press and hold the microphone button until you hear a beep, release the button, and start recording your message. Press the microphone button again to save.
- Manual Feeding: Unlock the screen by pressing ▼ button for 3 seconds. Then press the ▼ and ▲ buttons at same time. One portion of food will be dispensed.
How to Reset to Factory Settings
While the screen is in locked mode press and hold the up ▲ button for 5 seconds; the display will flash twice and the screen will display 00:00 which means the current time and feeding schedule have been reset (except the recording).
Watch my cat eating from the Wuipet Elevated Automatic Feeder
How to clean it
Parts that can be safely washed are the lid, food tank, stainless steel bowl, bowl holder, and feeder raisers. Unplug the feeder and open the lid. Remove the desiccant bag. To detach the food tank from the base slide the tabs on both sides at the same time. Wash all the parts with gentle soap and rinse very well. Dry all parts until you feel the squeaky clean noise. Hand wash is recommended.
What I like about the Wuipet Automatic Feeder
- Simple to set up and program (watch my video on how to do it).
- It feeds your cat automatically & it raises your cat’s food by 1 inch, for a total height of 3 inches up to the rim, to prevent vomiting.
- It feeds your cat up to 4 meals per day.
- Fully customizable meal portions and meal times.
- Good capacity of 17 cups of dry food.
- You can reset the unit to factory settings.
- If you unplug the feeder, the settings will be retained, even without the use of batteries.
- The lid holds a desiccant bag to keep the food dry and fresh (the unit comes with an extra desiccant bag as a backup as well).
- Stainless steel bowl prevents feline acne.
- The voice recording will make your cat hear you even if you are not home.
- The blue nightlight illuminates the screen in case you want to program at night.
- The battery option will keep the feeder running in case of power loss.
What I don’t like about this unit
- You can’t erase the recording.
- When the feeder dispenses, one or two kibbles could slide out the bowl (not always though).
The Wuipet Elevated Automatic Cat Feeder is an excellent option for people who need to elevate their cat food for a better eating posture for their cats. This prevents vomiting because some cats eat too fast and since their digestive system is more horizontal, the food doesn’t go down and it causes vomiting. Elevating the food prevents that from happening. Considering that Wuipet raises and dispenses your cat meals automatically, we can safely say that this is a great solution for so many cat owners. That’s why I decided to review this automatic feeder and so far the unit has been dispensing the right portions with no issues whatsoever. I highly recommend this unit. Get it on Amazon here and apply a $30 discount on the price.