The Bergan Feeder Petite Combo comes with a food dispenser and a waterer, both are wide enough for your pets to eat and drink for several days. Its sturdy design prevents your pets from tipping the unit over.
Bergan Petite feeder automatically dispenses 6 lbs of food and the water hopper dispenses 1.5 gallons.
Bergan Combo comes in two sizes: “Bergan Petite” and “Bergan Elite”. This review is for Bergan Petite Gourmet Combo.
(Note: Bergan Elite feeder dispenses up to 13 lbs of food and the waterer dispenses up to 3 gallons of water. Dimensions: 15.25″ H x 14.25″ W x 16.63″ L.)
BERGAN PETITE FEATURES:
- Easy to fill
- Good capacity holding food and water
- Wide openings for easier cleaning
- Convenient spill-proof lid
- Dimensions are 11.25″ H x 11.5″ W x 13″ L.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Bergan Petite Gourmet Combo?
- Eliminates the hassle of changing out food and water every day.
- Excellent to feed 2 or more cats.
- Easy to clean
- Convenient price
- Good capacity of feeder and water dispenser
- Pets proof sturdy design
- Easy to use (no need to program)
- Gravity dispensing system does not allow to setup a feeding schedule.
- Some customers report that the food dispenser does not automatically fill the bowl when empty.
- Some customers report that water dispenser leaks.
- Clear plastic is thin and doesn’t snap in the bowl correctly.
- Feeder top lid does not snap into place and it is hard to get it off.
- The food and water are exposed to the elements.
Conclusion: Bergan Feeder Petite Gourmet and the waterer Combo is made to feed and give water to several pets. The waterer needs special attention since the water bowl gets dirty quickly and the tank develops some bacteria if not cleaned often.
√ I would recommend the Bergan Feeder Combo if:
- You want to feed several cats that are also heavy water drinkers.
- If none of your cats like to touch the water before drinking it.
- You want to use it indoors
- You don’t have feeding schedule for your pets
- Your main goal is to eliminate the daily task of pouring food and water.
- You want to rest from your cats for one or two days at the most.
Χ I would not recommend the Bergan Feeder Combo if:
- You want to leave your cats alone for more than 2 days (due to reliability of the feeder and cleanliness of the water in the bowl)
- If you have picky cats when it comes to eat and drink water.
- You want to buy it to feed only one cat.
- You want a feeding schedule for your pets.
- You want to use it outdoors.