Petmate Café Gravity feeder keeps your pet with food at all times with its gravity system. The unit features a clear transparent food container which allows you to check on the food level accurately.
The feeder design is simple and it looks nice in any kitchen. Petmate Cafe Feeder’s food hopper is made from sturdy PET plastic (polyethylene terephthalate). PET is a BPA-free plastic that is safe and recyclable.
The unit features recessed handle areas for easy lifting so you don’t risk to drop the feeder when carrying.
Petmate Pet Cafe Feeder’s base and lid are dishwasher safe.
The unit comes in 3 colors pearl tan, pearl blue, pearl white and in 3 sizes: 3 lbs, 6 lbs and 12 lbs.
This review is for Petmate Cafe Feeder 3 lbs capacity.
- Gravity feeder suitable for small pets
- 3 lbs capacity of food container
- Clear transparent food hopper allows easy checking of food level
- Base and lid are dishwasher safe
- Food container made from PET plastic, environmentally sustainable
- With recessed handle for easy lifting and carrying
- Dimensions: 6.8” W x 12” H x 9.7” L
- Good quality, sturdy
- It looks very nice for the price and it matches most kitchens.
- The hopper keeps the food dry and fresh
- Easy to clean, lid and base are dishwasher safe
- Very clear transparent hopper that allows to check easily the food level
- Good value for money
- The chute opening where the food comes out it’s on the narrow side so food gets stuck and does not flow into the dish, a little shake helps the food to get released.
- Unit is not easy to fill since opening is narrow
- Food tray is small
- Hopper is not dishwasher safe
Very small flat kibble may help to prevent the food from getting stuck.
Petmate Pet Cafe Gravity feeder is a good solution for pet owners that need to leave food for their cats while they are at work or if they don’t want to pour food in bowls every day.
If you want to match this feeder with a water dispenser you can get the Petmate waterer, pearl tan ¾ Gal. which looks nice with the feeder. Some points to consider about this unit:
- The feeder has a good price but its major issue reported by customers is the food getting stuck and not dropping into the tray. This issue becomes a “Pro” if you have a smart cat that paws at the food and gets more kibble dropping into the tray; this way your pet exercises to get its food. If your cat does not know how to do this, this may not be the feeder for you. However, if you are home most of the time and can check on the feeder occasionally to shake it, this may still work for you.
- The unit is small, suitable for one cat and it dispenses food for about 5 days or more, depending on how much your pet eats. The tray size may not work for multiple cats.
For all these reasons and Pros and Cons,
√ Petmate Cafe Pet Feeder is suitable:
- To feed one cat
- To feed very active cats or cats that don’t overeat
- If you are home to shake the feeder to keep the gravity system working
- If you have a smart cat that will keep the gravity system working (by pawing the food stuck in the opening)
x This feeder may not be suitable:
- To leave your cat alone with the feeder for more than a day
- For overweight cats
- To feed big kibble or irregular shaped kibble
- If you want a gravity feeder that does not need supervision
- To feed more than one cat