Cat food dispensers are a great solution to feed your cat when you are away from home but to buy one can be confusing. Don’t worry, here you will find a complete selection of the most popular cat food dispensers with pros and cons and very objective analysis of each one of them. Our ultimate goal is to help you decide the most suitable solution for you and your pet.
Before reading the reviews:
√ Consider that in most cases people have to adjust the portions of meals through the trial-and-error method when buying an automatic feeder first time.
√ Cats are very versatile animals and the reaction of your pet with any of these devices is unpredictable.
√ Stars rating are overall based on our experience and also based in customer reviews for verified purchases. Ratings may be subject to change.
√ Feeders that rate high but are not on top of the list are new in the market. We require at least 3 years of a feeder rating high to be on top of the list.
√ This list is classified into the following main categories:
- Automatic dry food feeders
- Wi-fi Smart automatic dry food feeders
- Automatic wet food feeders
- Gravity cat food dispensers
If you don’t want to go through the list to find the best feeder for your cat you may want to check a side by side comparison chart with the best 15 auto feeders.
To learn more details of each feeder, click the “Full Review” button :
AUTOMATIC CAT FEEDERS DRY FOOD
Petsafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed allows you to fully customize your pet feeding needs. With its special design, you can program a big breakfast and a small dinner, for example. The minimum amount to be dispensed is from 1/8-cup and up to 4 cups at a time.
Also, you can program each meal to be dispensed whenever you need, up to 12 meals by day, without preset schedules or intervals between each meal. Petsafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed is suitable:
- For small and medium size cats
- If you need to feed your cat several times a day in small amounts at a time (1/8 cup =1 Oz.)
- Cats that inhale the food when eating
- If you want a fully customizable unit (meal time and portions). FULL REVIEW
The CSF-3 Super Feeder is also one of the best and most reliable automatic cat feeders in the market. The best performance and accuracy is guaranteed if you feed your pet with round/spherical small size pellets (1/4″ diameter), but also works with bigger pellet size, up to 1/2″ diameter. The digital timer along with a very dependable feeder allows you to be away from home for several days. This food dispenser is great for any type of cat and especially for:
- Cats in a weight control program or with diabetes.
- Cats that eat too fast (by capacity to be set to dispense a few kibble at a time throughout the day)
- Smart cats obsessed with food
- Feeding two cats
- If your pet is allergic to plastic (you can adapt this feeder to use it with stainless steel bowl).
- A long period of time away from home (it could even be used with home automation system or/and web-based system). FULL REVIEW
- NOTE: If you like the Super Feeder but you need more capacity, check here a full review of the CSF-3XL Super Feeder that comes with an extra 24-cup hopper.
PET FEEDSTER USA PF-10 CAT (Check here also the new Pet Feedster PF-10 PLUS CAT, rated 4.2 stars)
The Pet Feedster USA PF-10 CAT is specially adjusted to feed cats. An attached chute prevents those paws from stealing food and a refined Flex-Feeder auger handles any type of cat food sizes and shapes. The special version for cats it’s cat proof, you won’t worry anymore about your smart cat breaking into the feeder because its design has eliminated all the flaws the cat discovers in other typical feeders. Pet Feedster CAT version is suitable:
- If you have a food-driven cat
- For very smart cats that manipulate and can open everything
- If your cat needs to lose weight
- To feed cats several times a day small amounts of food at a time
- To cat owners that need a reliable unit while at work or traveling
- If you want to recuperate your morning sleep
- If you need a unit that can be powered by AC adapter and batteries simultaneously. FULL REVIEW
- NOTE: Check here a full review of the Pet Feedster designed for dogs and small pets.
Westlink 6L automatic pet feeder has the ability to dispense a wide variety of kibble, in shapes and sizes, without clogs or jamming, which gives peace of mind while you’re away.
Its special mechanism allows little compartments to hold the food for the next dispensing, avoiding the dry food from getting stuck in the gear or chute.
With this feeder, you can dispense from a tablespoon up to cups at a time, which makes this unit suitable to feed a single cat on a diet or feed several cats. FULL REVIEW
With Anmer A25 automatic feeder you can feed your cat up to 6 times per day, you can choose the portion for each meal, for example, big breakfast and small dinner.
Also, you can choose the time for your pet to eat without intervals or default times like other feeders. Once you program a feeding schedule for your cat, it’ll repeat every day. Anmer A25 feeder has a capacity of 2.87 lbs dry food. Anmer A25 automatic feeder is suitable:
- For cats that are not food driven
- If your cat eats kibble measuring a tiny over 1/4″ size diameter. FULL REVIEW
This automatic feeder allows you to feed your pet if you are home or leave the backup settings when you are away. The Cat Mate C3000 can be programmed to feed up to 3 meals per day, each from a minimum of 1/3 Oz up to cups at a time. This unit works only with batteries. I recommend this food dispenser, especially:
- For cats that eat 1/2″ diameter size pellet food. This feeder is accurate in dispensing food if using the appropriate pellet’s size.
- If your pet is used to a feeding schedule up to 3 times by day. FULL REVIEW
Wireless Whiskers automatic pet feeder gives you a real solution to your multi-pet feeding problems. This feeder works with a wireless tag that is attached to your cat’s collar and it activates the feeder to open when a daily portion is available in your pet’s diet.
This intelligent automatic feeder has the ability to measure, set and control the daily food intake for one, two or more cats or dogs (up to 8 pets) individually. It feeds all your pets keeping each one away from each other’s food. I recommend this automatic feeder:
- If your cat eats too fast (Portion Control feature)
- If you want to feed more than one cat, controlling the intake of each.
- If you want to stop your chubby cat from stealing the other cat’s food.
- If you have a dog and a cat and want to stop them from eating each other’s food.
- If you need to put your cat (or cats) on a diet. FULL REVIEW
With Lusmo automatic pet feeder you can feed your cat up to 3 times a day at the times you choose, in the amount of food you choose for each meal (e.g. big breakfast and a small dinner). The unit dispenses a minimum amount of food of 1/16 cup and a maximum of one cup at a time. Meal size increments are in 1/16 cup. I recommend Lusmo Automatic feeder:
- To program 3 meals a day for your cat
- If you feed your cat kibble size up to 0.6″ long
- If you want to keep the same feeding schedule for your cat the whole week
- For cats that try to steal food from the chute. FULL REVIEW
WOPET 7L AUTOMATIC PET FEEDER Editor rating
Wopet 7L automatic cat feeder allows you to feed your feline friend up to 4 times daily, within 24 hours. The feeding schedule is set for one day and this is repeated every day. You decide how much food you want to feed your cat in the morning, lunch and dinner. Also, you choose what time your furry friend will eat his meals.
You can backup power with 3 D batteries to ensure its constant operation and to keep the settings in case the unit gets unplugged by accident or a power outage. FULL REVIEW
Qpets AF-200 is an automatic pet feeder with a capacity of 10 lbs dry food and with the ability to dispense up to 4 times a day, from ¼ cup up to 5 cups at a time. The bowl is removable and dishwasher safe, the hopper is transparent, allowing you to see the food level.
The feeder features a personalized voice message to call your pet to eat. The unit can be set up to “Sleep Mode” at night if you don’t want the feeder to go off while you’re sleeping. Q-Pets AF-200 runs on 4-D batteries and it features a life battery indicator. FULL REVIEW
This automatic pet feeder comes in a small, medium and large size for different sized pets and pellets. The Ergo Auto Pet feeder allows you to feed your cat up to 8 times by day, each meal can be set with its own measurement (e.g. big breakfast and small dinner). With its digital timer, you can program each meal to go from a few kibbles (5 or 6 kibbles) up to cups of dry food at a time. This automatic feeder is recommendable if you want to:
- Feed your cat several times a day (up to 8).
- Feed your pet different portions for each meal (for example, big breakfasts and small dinners).
- Customize a feeding schedule for your cat (e.g. feeder releasing food only on the weekends).
- Feeding multi-cat households
- Put your cat on a diet. FULL REVIEW
Crown Majestic is a pet feeder that allows you to feed your cat and at the same time to supply a water station system, attached to the feeder.
This automatic pet feeder is suitable for dogs and cats and has a maximum capacity of 4.4 Lbs of dry food with the extended transparent container. The feeder has a special voice recording system so you can call your pet to eat when you are not home. In order to assemble the unit, you don’t need to use tools. This automatic pet feeder works with or without the water dispensing system. This automatic feeder is recommended for:
- Smart cats obsessed with food.
- Cats that eat regular spherical rounded shaped kibble (1/4″ diameter)
- Cats on a diet if they eat 2 times a day, every 12 hours.
- Feeding two cats if they eat 4 times a day, every 6 hours. FULL REVIEW
This cat food dispenser is a programmable feeder which dispenses food portions up to 3 times per day. The portion range is from ¼ to 3 cups per serving, so you can set small amounts of food at a time and also bigger portions. If you get this feeder, use it under these conditions:
- If you don’t have a feeding schedule for your pet.
- If your cat is not overweight.
- If you want to put your cat on a diet
- If you don’t mind your cat reaching extra food from the chute. FULL REVIEW
This food dispenser has a pet proof lock on the lid that protects the food from your cat, especially if your pet is always trying to get extra food. You can also record a customized personal message for your pet to call it when eating time comes.
This food dispenser has also an alarm that sounds when feeding schedule expires. It has an LCD clock easy to read, microphone built-in, speaker, and battery low indicator. This feeder works if :
- You use at least ½” diameter size pellet food.
- You don’t mind re-programming the feeder every time you turn it off. FULL REVIEW
Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder dispenses up to 4 meals per day at the times you choose for your cat to eat. You can choose the size of the meals from 2 Tbsp up to 1 cup dry food at a time.
The feeder allows you to record a personal message calling your pet to eat. This voice recording will play 3 times in a row while the meal is being dispensed. The lid features a strong magnet that keeps the lid strongly shut, protecting the food and the control panel. This provides a good sealing to keep the food fresh. Food hopper and tray are removable for easy cleaning. Arf Pets automatic pet feeder is suitable:
- For small to medium size cats
- For cats that eat rounded spherical type kibble
- Cats that aren’t obsessed with food. FULL REVIEW
This cat food dispenser is programmable to dispense 1, 2 or 3 meals per day. You can customize the feeding schedule according to your needs, programming, for example, the time for your cat to get breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Petmate Infinity dispenses from ¼ cup to 2 cups of dry food at a time.
The hopper has a large capacity of 5 lb of dry food. The bowl is removable and dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning. FULL REVIEW
This automatic food dispenser can be set to dispense up to 3 meals by day with a minimum of a ¼ cup of dry food and up to 1.5 cups at a time. The programming is simple through the large LCD panel where you choose amounts of food to be dispensed and times according to your cat needs. It is easy to assemble, putting together basically 3 pieces and ready to go. I recommend this cat food dispenser for cats that:
- Are not overweight
- Are docile, not obsessed with food or determined to get extra food from the hopper.
- Feeding two cats. FULL REVIEW
TopPets PF-21B comes with an infrared remote control that allows you to program the unit from a distance of 32-39 ft without barriers. You can also trigger manual feeds with the remote control as well.
The feeder can be programmed to dispense from 1 to 5 meals per day, from ¼ cup up to 2 ½ cups at a time. The unit handles kibble size from 1/4” to 1/2” diameter and it comes with an optional blade for bigger kibble sizes. This feeder may be suitable:
- For feeding two cats (or feeding one cat once a day)
- If you are planning to use the feeder within an 8-10 hours period
- If you are willing to check the hopper every few days. FULL REVIEW
MOTA PERFECT DINNER PET FEEDER (Newest Version)
MOTA Perfect Dinner Pet Feeder with its new version, it has the ability to dispense up to 6 times a day, from 1/3 cup to 6 1/3 cup at a time, allowing you to adjust the portion size you want your pet to eat.
MOTA’s transparent hopper has a large capacity of 7 lbs, this way you don’t worry about filling the hopper often. The unit features a large LCD screen that displays time, meals to be served in a day, meal size and meals served. This way you have a good control over your pet’s feeding schedule and food intake. The feeder features a built-in microphone to record your voice calling your cat to eat. I recommend this unit:
- To feed 2 cats
- To feed dogs. FULL REVIEW
WI-FI SMART AUTOMATIC FEEDERS DRY FOOD
PETSAFE SMART FEED BEST SELLER
The PetSafe Smart Feed allows busy cat owners to have full control over the automatic feeder. By using the App you can add meal times and customize the portions individually, according to your cat needs, all from your Smartphone, iPhone, iPad or Android.
You can feed your cat up to 12 times a day, with the schedule of your preference for your pet to eat. FULL REVIEW
HoneyGuaridan is a smart Wi-Fi automatic feeder that allows you to control the feedings through your smartphone.
HoneyGuaridan smart feeder can be programmed to feed your cat as many times as you need, customizing the hour and minute you desire. Also, each portion can be set according to your pet’s eating requirement. For example, you can feed your cat a big breakfast and a small dinner.
Additionally, you can feed your pet snacks in between meals in real time through a push of a button. Learn much more about this automatic smart feeder in the FULL REVIEW
PETSTATION AUTOMATIC PET FEEDER (built-in SKYPE)
Pet Station connects to the wireless network and allows you to watch your pet when eating through a built-in camera that turns on with Skype video calls. The high-quality camera image has image capture function too so you can take pictures of your cat.
This unit has the ability to host Skype software and it features outcoming and incoming video calls to your smartphone. This means you can make video calls from your smartphone to your pet (feeder) and your pet can make video calls to your smartphone as well (by setting the unit to do so, see more details in review).
You can add PetStation to your smartphone apps library and so you can control the feeder, setting a feeding schedule, changing it, programming a Smart Call or make a remote feed at any time. The unit runs on AC/DC adapter. FULL REVIEW
PETPAL WIFI AUTOMATIC PET FEEDER Multi-Cat Feeder
PetPal Wifi automatic pet feeder gives you the option to connect the feeder to a Wifi network and feed your cat remotely using your Smartphone or Tablet.
You can program a feeding schedule that will feed automatically every day up to 5 times a day and you can also trigger manual feeds remotely using apps on your iOs or Android device. With Petpal you can speak and listen to your pet with its microphone and speaker. The unit also features a camera so you can watch your cat live and record videos or take pictures if you want. The feeder is easy to assemble and disassemble
with a removable stainless steel hopper and bowl. This unit is suitable:
- For 2 or more cats that can eat together
- You feed your cat big kibble and feed your pet once or twice a day.
- Dogs. FULL REVIEW
Petkit Smart feeder allows you to feed your cat up to 4 times per day, with a minimum portion of 20g and a maximum of 400g, so you can feed a single cat or multiple cats.
With the Petkit App you can program and control the feeder from anywhere through your smartphone. It works with iOS and OS operating systems.
The unit features a desiccant bag inside that keeps the kibble dry and fresh, and a sealing silicone ring on both the inside the top lid and in the food outlet door. The automatic door blocks the chute and opens only when dispensing, which is an excellent feature to stop those mischievous paws. FULL REVIEW
Petnet SmartFeeder is a smart automatic pet feeder that allows you to program and control your cat’s feeding activity through your iOS device, SmartPhone or iPad. You can program a fully customized feeding schedule and size portions anytime, anywhere on your iOS device. Also, you can adjust the feeding speed, keeping your cat from eating too fast.
The size of portions are from 1/16 cup (0.5 Oz) up to 1 1/2 cups (12 Oz) at a time and they can be programmed individually, such as big breakfast and small dinners. You can program as many scheduled feedings as you would like on the App. Petnet SmartFeeder is suitable for:
- Busy cat owners that mainly use their Smartphone
- To feed a single cat
- Cats that need to lose weight
- People with unpredictable working hours that need to manage remotely their cat feeding activity.
- If you forget to buy cat food and need to be reminded
- If you like the idea of having a cat nutritionist on your iOS Apps. FULL REVIEW
GemPet SmartFeeder is a Smart automatic feeder that you can program and control remotely through a free downloadable app on your SmartPhone.
The unit is compatible with iOS 7.0 or later and Android 4.0 and above. The App allows you to watch your pet on live streaming video, take pictures, record videos, talk to your pet and share pictures on social media. GemPet allows you to feed your cat up to 4 times a day, with meal sizes ranging from 30 grams up to 100 grams at a time. GemPet SmartFeeder is suitable:
- For operating systems iOS 7.0 and up or Android 4.0 or above
- To feed one cat that is not too aggressive when it comes to getting food.
- When feeding your cat medium-sized rounded kibble. FULL REVIEW
Hoison automatic pet feeder allows you to feed, see and talk to your cat anytime from anywhere on your Smartphone. The unit helps you to manage your cat’s feeding activity and interact with your pet while you are at work, traveling or simply when going out to dinner.
You can program a feeding plan for your pet which will be automatically dispensed every day and through the App Wetchat, you can trigger feeds in real time by a push of a button. You can also take pictures of your pet and share them with your family and friends. The feeder is suitable:
- For Smartphone users (iOs and Android)
- For people that want full control over the cat’s feeding activity from anywhere
- If you want to add more people to monitor your pet in case you can’t
- If you want to put your cat on a diet. FULL REVIEW
The Abdtech SmartFeeder is an automatic feeder that you can program and control with your iPhone or Android Smartphone or Tablet using the ABDTECH’s free App that you download from Google Play.
This unit allows you to feed your cat as many times as you want and with individually sized meals, according to your cat’s needs. The minimum amount of food to be served at a time is 10g (a little less than 1/8 cup) and the maximum is 100g (a little over a ¾ cup).
You can also push manual feedings from wherever you are on your Smartphone and watch your cat eating on a live-video, among many other features. FULL REVIEW
With Knox Smart Wi-Fi automatic pet feeder you can feed your cat according to a feeding schedule and also interact with your pet on a 2-way video/audio so your cat won’t feel alone. This means you can see your cat and your cat can see you.
A large LCD screen displays videos for your cat to see you either in real time or displaying previously recorded 10-sec videos where you can talk to your cat and give him love.
The “Pettion” App has many interesting features that allow you to fully control and monitor your cat’s feeding activity as well as interact with videos, calls, photos and much more. You can even add more users to the App to check on your pet. FULL REVIEW
NEW CAT AUTO FEEDERS
PetWatch Automatic pet feeder allows you to setup up to 5 meals a day for your cat, each meal can be customized in size and time, according to your cat’s needs. The feeding schedule can be programmed to the minute, giving you the flexibility to adjust the meals according to the ideal time for your cat to eat.
The unit has 1.54 lbs capacity of dry food with kibble size up to 2/5-inch diameter. The food hopper and feeding tray are removable for easy cleaning. PetWatch allows you to trigger a manual feeding by pushing the “Feed” button. PetWatch pet feeder is suitable:
- For feeding one cat
- For a cat on a diet
- If you want to save money on batteries. FULL REVIEW
AUTOMATIC WET & DRY FOOD FEEDERS
Feed and Go is a unique Wi-Fi automatic cat feeder that can be set up and controlled using any internet interface, you can even program the unit on your laptop. The unit features a built-in webcam and microphone that allows you to watch your pet while he or she is eating and record a 6-sec personal message calling your pet to eat.
The Feed and Go has internal built-in Wi-Fi that connects to your home internet network. It works with AC/DC adapter and runs on US Volt standard. The unit feeds up to 6 meals with 8 Oz. capacity. I recommend this feeder to:
- Diabetic cats
- Obese cats
- Slowing down your cat’s eating by splitting each meal into smaller parts with minutes in between.
- A cat that has broken into any previous feeder
- People without regular working hours.
- As a wet food feeder complementing an automatic dry food feeder. FULL REVIEW
SureFeed Microchip is a microchip selective feeder that allows cats to eat by recognizing their microchip implant’s ID or the ID in the collar tag. Sensors located on the hoop recognize the ID code and opens a lid for the authorized cat to eat.
The unit works with RFID technology and can store up to 32 different identities, allowing more than one cat to eat from the feeder. SureFeed is compatible with any microchip code worldwide. This RFID selective feeder is excellent to feed cats with special dietary needs or feeding cats that don’t get to eat because of other pets. SureFeed microchip feeder is suitable for:
- Stopping the chubby cat, dog or other pets from eating the authorized cat’s food
- To feed several cats different food, diet or amount (by setting one unit for each)
- Feeding a cat with special RX prescription
- Isolate a sick cat’s bowl from the rest of the cats. FULL REVIEW
The SureFeed Sealed Pet Bowl keeps your cat’s food fresh and protects it from insects. The bowl features infrared sensors that detect your pet’s movements and opens a lid, uncovering the food for your cat to eat. The sensor is not selective, this means any pet nearby the feeder will be able to activate the sensor and eat from the bowl.
The feeder features special rubber on the edge of the bowl that when in contact with the lid, it gets sealed reducing food smell in the house. FULL REVIEW
This automatic feeder serves up to 5 meals by day. The first tray has a cover to protect the food and it is served at present time.
This is a unique device because it is a dish feeder with a digital timer, which gives you accuracy in times. The digital timer allows you to set feeding schedule with one hour between each meal. This feeder is ideal for any type of cat and especially for:
- To use it during the day if your cat eats 3 or more times a day.
- To use it for multiple days with 1 or 2 meals by day.
- For diabetic cats. FULL REVIEW
With Wopet 1-meal you can feed your cat fresh wet food because it comes with an ice pack and also it’s suitable to dispense dry food.
Wopet allows you to create a 2 or 3 meal automatic feeder because it can be attached to extra units with special clips. For example, if you want to feed your cat dry and wet food simply purchase 2 units and attach them using the provided clips.
This auto feeder works with a counter clock timer that you need to turn to the number of hours ahead of when you want the lid to open, similar to a kitchen clock. FULL REVIEW
Petwant 5-Meal is an automatic feeder with the ability to dispense up to 5 meals per day, 4 of them fully programmable.
The Petwant timer allows you to program anytime and minute for your cat to eat, adapting the meal dispensing to your pet’s needs.
This unit can dispense dry and wet food. When using wet food, just make sure to serve within 24 hours or a little longer placing semi-frozen wet canned food. FULL REVIEW
Automatic cat feeder designed to feed one or two pets when you are away from home for a couple of days. This food dispenser has two compartments where food is kept fresh by ice packs located underneath of the trays. I recommend this feeder for:
- Feeding a docile cat (not obsessed with food)
- Feeding two cats with two meals by day if they can eat together from the same tray.
- Feeding your pet moist and dry food. FULL REVIEW
Petsafe 2-meal allows you to feed your pet two meals within 24 hours or one meal every 24 hours or whenever time you want to program the unit up to 48 hours length in advance. The minimum interval between each meal is 2 hours.
Each tray has 1.5 cups capacity to hold dry food. The Petsafe 2-meal is designed to feed dry food but some customers have managed to use it with wet food, freezing the food before placing it on the trays.
The Petsafe 2-meal is easy to use, you have to fill the compartments with food and set the meal time on each tray, according to the times you want your cat to eat. The unit uses 1 AA battery that lasts approximately one year. FULL REVIEW
PetSafe Digital 2-Meal Feeder allows you to feed your cat dry or wet food with the peace of mind your pet won’t get access to the next meal. The design is secure and features two lids that are not possible to open without pressing a button. If you have a cat that has managed to open all the previous feeders this is a suitable unit for you.
You can program each lid separately to feed for example lunch and dinner. You can also program the meals in advance from the present time, up to 4 days. The feeder will help you if:
- You are able to program it every day
- If you need a backup feeding system in case you get home late
- If you don’t want to feed your cat at 5 am
- For short trips (having someone checking on your cat)
- You want to feed your cat wet food within 10 hours in cool temperature FULL REVIEW
Cat Mate C500 is an automatic feeder that dispenses dry or wet food and it serves up to 5 meals, one at the present time while 4 can be scheduled.
The unit features ice packs to keep the food fresh for longer. The Cat Mate C500 features a digital timer which gives more accurate feeding times. For more details check our FULL REVIEW
The automatic dish feeder serves up to 5 meals with a rotating lid system and 5 slots where you can put moist or dry food. The first meal is served at present time and it is covered by a lid.
The Cat Mate C50 works with analog timer and you can setup feeding times with a minimum of 4 hours between each meal, with 90-hours total range mealtime program. The unit works with 1 AA battery (not included) FULL REVIEW.
This dish food dispenser has a microphone, speaker and low battery indicator that allows you to make sure your feeder will work. It has programmable feeding sequences up to 6 meals by day.
You can record a personal message calling your pet to eat and if your cat is food driven, a new design lid lock keeps the food safe. This dish feeder is special for:
- Feeding a docile cat
- Feeding your pet wet and dry food
- Feeding your diabetic cat.
- Feeding a cat on a diet. FULL REVIEW
The Cat Mate C10 is an automatic pet feeder with a very simple concept that allows you to feed your cat one meal at a selected time. It works with an analog timer and the meal can be programmed within a 24 hours period. This automatic feeder is perfect for:
- Docile cats that won’t try to break into the unit.
- Pets with specific regular meals on a diet.
- As a complement to other automatic feeding systems.
- Feeding 2 cats one meal if they can eat together. FULL REVIEW
Lentek 6-day automatic feeder dish is designed for your pet to get six meals when you are not home, one of them served at present time. This unit has 6 slots and each one holds 2/3 cup of dry food or 5-1/2 Oz. of wet food. This feeder has to be used under these conditions:
- If you are willing to set the feeder with a minimum of 6 hours in advance of feeding time (it doesn’t have a clock, it works with intervals).
- If you don’t want to use it for long periods away from home.
- If your cat is docile, not a smart “locksmith” type pet. FULL REVIEW
Wonder Bowl automatic feeder works with infrared technology that allows the unit to open the lid only to the pet that is wearing the unique tag on its collar.
This automatic feeder is suitable for multi-pet households and to feed cats on a prescription diet. The unit includes a unique tag for the pet you want to feed.
Wonder Bowl operates with 3 D-cell batteries and also can be plugged in with AC adapter (not included). FULL REVIEW
WOpet is a timed automatic pet feeder that allows you to feed your cat up to 2 meals in 48 hours. The unit uses a counter clock timer that works with an hour increment. Each compartment has its own timer so they can be set to open at different scheduled times.
The trays are detachable for easy cleaning. Wopet is suitable to feed dry or wet food and it comes with ice packs to keep the food fresh. Wopet Two-Meal is suitable:
- If you want to feed your cat with your supervision
- To feed two cats, up to 2 days if they can eat together from the same tray (eating once a day). FULL REVIEW
Sharper Image is an automatic dish feeder that keeps your pet’s food fresh and clean because its lids are closed all the time and they only open when a sensor detects your pet motion.
When your pet gets close to the feeder, in front of it, the sensor detects the movement and it opens the feeder’s lids, exposing the food for your pet to eat.
This is a good solution if you place the bowl on a patio or similar and want to keep flies away from the food. The unit is easy to clean and it features a removable bowl which is dishwasher safe. Sharper Image automatic pet feeder operates with 2 AA batteries that are not included. FULL REVIEW
MANUAL PET FOOD DISPENSER (Manually Operated)
Petmate Portion Right allows you to feed your cat with accurate portions by just turning a knob and release food for your pet, that simple. This practical system relieves you from scooping, measuring portions and placing food in your cat’s bowl every day, two or more times a day in some cases. The unit food container has a capacity to hold 10 lbs of dry food, depending on the kibble size. This feeder is suitable:
- For people that don’t want to measure portions and pouring food into a bowl anymore.
- To control the food intake of overweight cats.
- To feed your cat the right portions.
- To feed more than one cat (the unit is large). FULL REVIEW
GRAVITY CAT FOOD DISPENSERS
Bergan Pet Feeder Travel has a special design to feed your pet when you are traveling. With this unique system, you can feed your cat and continue your travel, that easy.
The feeder features a snap-on lid and a rotating bowl that you can swing open to feed your cat and swing it shut when your pet is done eating. The unit keeps the food fresh and free of contamination. With a handle on the lid, the feeder is easy to carry without spilling food and you can control how much the bowl gets filled by how far you open the bowl. The Bergan Travel feeder is suitable for:
- Cats and small pets
- Pets not obsessed with food
- For travels. FULL REVIEW
Petmate Le Bistro gravity feeder provides your pet a permanent source of food without the need of refilling the bowl every day.
The unit features a good capacity with 18 lbs dry food that makes this feeder suitable for multi-cat households. Additionally, the Petmate gravity feeder has recessed handle areas that allow you to lift and carry the feeder easily.
This gravity feeder is designed with a high polish and it’s well made. Also, the unit is environmentally friendly. FULL REVIEW
This cat food dispenser has a gravity food system and also a dishwasher safe removable stainless steel bowl. This unit is a good solution if you want to forget about pouring food every day into your cat’s bowl. This feeder is recommendable to be used under these conditions:
- If you don’t have your cat on a diet.
- If your cat is well disciplined with food.
- If you want to feed several cats.
- If your pet is allergic to plastic (and you fit all the conditions above). FULL REVIEW
These feeder and waterer are very sturdy units and this is a good advantage because they offer good stability. The Bergan Petite feeder works through gravity, which means it does not work with timers so you cannot set a feeding schedule for your pet. This feeder+waterer combo is ideal for:
- Feeding and supplying water to two cats.
- To be used indoors, not exposing the feeder and waterer to external elements.
- For cats that don’t have a feeding schedule to follow.
- If you don’t have your cat on a diet, you just want to eliminate the task of pouring food every day to a feeder. FULL REVIEW
Petmate Café feeder works by gravity so the food stays available all day for your cat to eat. The feeder has a clear transparent food hopper that makes it easy to see the food level at a glance.
The unit has a nice and simple design that fits most kitchen styles. The feeder’s bottle is made from PET plastic, making it environmentally sustainable. The feeder can be lifted easily with recessed areas. The lid and base are dishwasher safe. Petmate Cafe Pet Feeder is suitable:
- To feed a single cat
- Very active indoor cats or indoor/outdoor cats
- Cats that are not gluttons and are used to be free fed
- If you are willing to check on the feeder and shake it to keep the gravity working.
- If your cat is smart enough to pull food inside out with its paws. FULL REVIEW
Even though this ball toy food dispenser is not an automatic solution, I recommend it with no reserves for cats that eat any size of food (you can adjust the holes on it). It is a very good toy to re-educate your cat if your pet shows bad eating behavior, for example, eating too fast and stealing your other pet’s food. It is also perfect to keep your indoor cat active. This toy feeder is especially for cats that:
- Are overweight and need to exercise
- Have anxiety
- Show bad eating behaviors
- Eat too fast
- Steal other pet’s food. FULL REVIEW
Petmate Le Bistro Gravity Pet Feeder provides your cat a continuous access to food at all times. As your cat eats from the bowl the food in the hopper drops into the bowl trough gravity, assuring a constant source of food for your pet. Petmate Gravity Feeder’s capacity is 2 lbs total, making the unit more suitable for small pets. The hopper is transparent, allowing to see the food level. This gravity feeder is suitable:
- To free feed one cat that is not obsessed with food
- If you feed your cat small round or flat kibble
- If you are willing to check on the feeder and jiggle it if needed. FULL REVIEW
This website was created to help you on the adventure of feeding automatically your loved pet. We hope our content is useful for you and if so, we are very happy to have accomplished our goal!
Comments or suggestions are very welcome!