I decided to make a review of Iseebiz Automatic feeder 3L because it has such good reviews on Amazon and its price is low, which is unusual and not easy to find for an automatic feeder.
I wanted to help cat owners whose have a limited budget before making a buying decision by pointing out all about this device, the good and the bad. Let’s see what I found out:
Features of Iseebiz Feeder
- Automatically dispenses up to 4 meals per day
- Each meal is programmable in time and portions
- Meals are programmed in military time
- Food tray with infrared sensor preventing food overloading
- You can record a 10-sec message calling your cat to eat
- Manual feeding option
- Can be powered with adapter or 3 D size batteries (batteries are not included)
- Power: input: AC 100 to 240 v – output: 5 V/ 0.2 a
- Food capacity: 3L (6 lbs approx.)
- Sealed food hopper keeps food fresh
- USB charging cable: 3mt/10Ft
- Made of BPA-free plastic
- Dimensions: 12.6” x 9.45” x 8.27”
- Food tray width: 6″-6.5″ at widest point.
- 1-year warranty
What comes with the Iseebiz 3L?
- Main unit
- 1 x plug adapter
- 1 x USB cable
- User manual
How it works
The feeder works with dry kibble, ideally on the small side (1/4”dia) and you can program it up to 4 meals per day, with a schedule of your preference to feed your cat. You can choose the portion size individually according to your cat needs from a minimum of 5 gr. up to 195 gr. at a time.
Iseebiz feeder allows you to record a voice message calling your cat to eat, this voice recording will play every time the feeder dispenses. If you don’t want to use this feature just hold down “MIC” button to start recording and don’t say anything, wait 10 seconds and then release the button. The original record will be erased.
In case you want to use the feeder with both batteries and plug you need to put the batteries first and then plug the unit in. The feeder is USB powered with a brick plug.
How to program
Iseebiz automatic feeder doesn’t display the meals in cups or ounces, it only shows measurements, which is from 1 to 39 portions. Each portion equals about 5 gr so converting these portion numbers into grams you can program each meal from 5 gr up to 195 gr. So the first thing to do to program the meals is knowing the number of “portions” you want your cat to eat with each meal. The easiest way in my opinion is weighing one meal in grams and then dividing this weight by 5 gr. That way you will get the number of “portions” that you need in order to program the feeder.
Once you get that number you can program the 4 meals, choosing the time for each, and entering the portion number for each meal.
How to clean
To clean this unit you can’t remove the hopper. You can wipe clean it with a damp cloth and dry it with a paper towel. You can’t submerse the feeder in water. If you want a feeder that is dishwasher safe check the best cat feeders to find one that is suitable for this purpose.
- It looks cute
- Cats can’t get extra meals from the food gate (unless you have a Houdini type cat)
- Low battery light indicator
- Tight lid protects the food well
- USB powered with a long cable and a power brick
- Allows battery power (USB plug it’s the main power source).
- The feeder doesn’t show portions in cups or ounces. You need to calculate the portion # (1-39) in order to program.
- Display without backlit which makes it hard to see the info, especially at night.
- The voice recording volume is low (cats can hear low volumes and this way the noise won’t bother cat owners).
- Food hopper can’t be filled up to the top due to possible jamming
- You need to reprogram if it gets unplugged (in case it doesn’t have batteries as power backup)
- It doesn’t have low food indicator
- You can’t tell how much food is left in the hopper (this blocks the food from the cat’s view so it deters the cat from trying to defeat the feeder)
- Easy for the cat to unplug it accidentally
- Pieces are not removable for deep cleaning
- In the beginning the lid is hard to get off and back on.
- Buttons are kind of unresponsive, you need to press them very hard (in some cases with your fingernail)
- It can be tipped over by a highly motivated cat
- The automatic switching to battery in case of power outage doesn’t seem reliable at times.
Make sure to program the exact portion at the first try because if you don’t and you want to change the number you will have to click 39 times to get the correct number down to the one you need.
My final thoughts about Iseebiz Automatic Feeder
This automatic feeder has good reviews on Amazon, but I must say that several points put me on the fence with this unit.
- Manufacturer doesn’t seem to have a return policy (several customers complaint about this).
- The food hopper can’t be deep cleaned, only wipe clean.
- The Iseebiz 3L automatic feeder can be powered with plug and batteries at the same time, but it seems like the automatic switching to batteries in case of power loss is not 100% reliable regarding dispensing.
I believe that it’s a good idea to research further if you want a 100% reliable automatic feeder, especially if you plan to be absent for days leaving your cat alone.
Jackie Moritz says
Can you please send me the instructions in a file I can download. Not utube! I have the Isseebiz 3L
Lorena Ávila says
Hello Jackie, here’s the link with the User Manual https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kUUg_YnoPRpK3hmKYGDt5IiaaPYwvcr9/view?usp=sharing
Mary MacMaster says
The feeder isn’t dispensing the correct portion size
Lorena Ávila says
Hello Mary, automatic feeders usually don’t dispense portions with absolute accuracy. Usually, the kibble that gets trapped in the gear will be dispensed in the next feeding. How much of a difference did you find between one feeding and the next one?