With a pet cat comes great responsibility, almost like having a kid. But with the stress of working 9-5 five days a week, it’s almost inevitable that you’ll forget to leave some food in the bowl for kitty. Well, thanks to modern-day technology, you don’t have to be a waiter to your kitty anymore because Tsymo Automatic Cat Feeder is here to save the day.
I made this review because it seems like Tsymo pet feeder is well designed and with a low tag price of $70. So this is what I discovered:
Tsymo Description & Features
Tsymo Automatic Cat Feeder welcomes you to a new age of automatic pet feeders, one that takes into consideration a lot of problems currently plaguing the current crop of Automatic feeders on the market today. There are tons of automatic feeders out there, but many of these products struggle with solving the feeding troubles of cat owners, with Tsymo you can feed your cat automatically for a good price.
Weighing just 4.4 pounds, and measuring 7.8” Length x 13.5” Width x 13” Height, the Tsymo Automatic Cat Feeder is a stylish food dispenser for your cat with 6–meals feeding capacity. The automatic cat feeder has a programmable timer and features an anti-clog design that ensures food never clogs the delivery system and kitty never gets to starve all day.
1. Anti-clog Design. The Tsymo automatic cat feeder comes with an innovative automatic reversal mechanism that was specifically designed to solve the problem of food jamming on its way out. When the food doesn’t come out smoothly, this unique motion inversion technology automatically reverses the food and adjusts the device’s operation. This way, kitty never has to wait on an empty bowl for food.
2. Advanced Infrared Detection. The device comes with a built-in infrared detection system that helps with automatic portion control. This enables the device to stop filling the bowl with food to avoid spilling, and when the food level in the device is low, a red LED light flashes to signal you when you’re home.
3. Custom Meals. You can customize each mealtime for your kitty to fit a specific dietary plan. With the portion control system, you can set the device to deliver fixed quantities/weight of food at different times.
4. Detachable Parts. Cleaning the device is actually pretty easy to do because the feeding bowl, storage container, and lid can all be removed, cleaned, and washed.
5. It Has an inbuilt Voice Recorder. Worried your pet might find the new device Alien and choose to starve? Well, with the inbuilt voice recorder, you can record your voice in advance for up to 12 seconds to call your cat when it’s mealtime.
6. Backup Battery. Don’t worry about power shortage, because Tsymo automatic cat feeder comes with a 3D-type battery backup to provide that extra juice in case of power cuts. (Batteries not included).
7. Restart to Factory Default: If you made mistakes when programming the unit and want to change it, you can restart the feeder. All you need to do is press OK and SET buttons at the same time for 3 seconds and the unit will restart. Then you can re-program it.
What comes in the box
This is what you will get in the package:
- The Automatic Pet Feeder weighing 4.7 pounds.
- 4L large capacity feeding bowl.
- Power cable and charging brick.
How it works
To use the Tsymo automatic cat feeder, you simply fill the 4L capacity storage container with your cat’s meal for the day. Then using the control buttons located in front of the device, you can program the device to feed your kitty any time of the day. Once it’s mealtime, the food is automatically released from the storage container.
How to program
The programming of this device is simpler than other of its type. The panel will show you what to do next once you get into the settings. Here’s how you can program the device to work correctly for you.
- To manual feeding select the feeding icon, confirm and select the number of portions, then press okay to feed immediately.
- To set up time, press and hold the settings-looking button for 2 seconds, and the clock flashes. Press the up and down buttons to set the time and press OK when the setting is completed.
- To record your own voice, long press the record button for 3 seconds, and the sound will start recording. The recording stops once you release it.
- To set up automatic feeding 6 meals per day, press the settings button until the clock flashes. You’ll see a menu with the feeding schedule 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Using the down button, move the icon until the number 1 icon flashes. Press OK and enter the portion selection from 01 to 50, using the up and down arrow buttons. Then the time will blink. After confirming the setting time, press OK to save. Note: The minimum portion is 01 which equals approximately 4-8 grams, depending on the kibble size.
- After this, press the settings button again to take you to the menu showing you the feeding schedule. All you have to do is repeat the process you did for the number 1 icon for the number 2 icon and 3, 4, 5, and 6.
How to clean
Cleaning the device is also simple. The feeding bowl can be removed and rinsed with water, the storage container and the lid can also be cleaned easily.
PROS & CONS OF TSYMO AUTOMATIC CAT FEEDER
This is what you need to consider before choosing this unit:
- Simple to program
- The anti-clog technology prevents food from getting stuck.
- The device supports two power supply methods.
- An advanced infrared detection system is able to detect when food is too much or too low.
- Its large capacity allows up to 6 meals per day.
- The device is easy to clean.
- Gives you the ability to customize your kitty’s meals.
- Only suitable for foods with size particle diameter between 0.15 inches and 0.45 inches.
- Failure to install a backup battery might lead to the device shutting down during a power outage.
- It seems like you can’t delete a meal once is programmed, but the workaround is programming the meal to zero.
Tsymo Automatic Cat Feeder works as intended which is feeding your cat automatically and it’s a good feeder for its price. With small round kibble, this unit is very accurate. However, if using kibble that is too large (over 0.45 inches) the feeder may experience jamming. A large and food-obsessed cat could knock this feeder over but it would take a lot for it to do that. In general, this unit will hold up well to the cat’s intent of defeating the feeder. The feeding tray is not easy to remove in case your cat tries that as well.
Update: It’s really hard to get any response from customer service of Tsymo automatic feeder. For this reason, I suggest searching for another device.
Thomas Moore says
Stupid manual feed button does not work. Incredible.
Lorena Ávila says
Hello Thomas, have you contacted customer service? You got a defective unit and you are covered by the guarantee.
Mine stopped receiving power a week ago. Tried emailing [email protected] half a dozen times with no response despite it being under warranty. I cannot find any other contact point. Do you know of a way to “contact customer service”?
Lorena Ávila says
Hi Julie, it seems like the manufacturer is not responding to emails when asked for the warranty. I am sorry to hear that you can’t get in contact with Tsymo to find a solution. I will try to contact them again and let you know. In the meantime, I will update my review.
Diane Basinet says
I still can’t figure out the portions. Why can’t they list cups AND grams? I have a small dog who gets small (for a dog) kibble. I’m trying to feed her 3 times a day at 1/8 cup per feeding. Checked Amazon and found different answers. Please help.
Lorena Ávila says
Hi Diane, each portion equals about 4 to 8 grams depending on the size of the kibble. As a reference, 5 grams equal approximately a full teaspoon. Let’s say the kibble size you use to feed your dog is medium and it equals 6 grams per unit of portion. I did a test and the approximate portion number to feed your dog per meal is 03. So you would need to program the feeder 3 times per day, number 03. Hope that helps.
What’s a e-2 error
Lorena Ávila says
Hello Ethan, this error usually shows up together with a red blinking light. The food hopper may need to be refilled. If the hopper is full of food you may need to contact customer service.
How do I use the cancel bottom?
Lorena Ávila says
Hi Diana, not sure what you want to do, but if you want to delete the programming or change a feeding, you can restart the unit to factory default. Just hold the OK button and the set button at the same time for 3 seconds. Then you can re-program the feeder again.
This thing is astoundingly difficult to figure out. It didn’t come with instructions, there are no manuals available online. I found a video online (available on YouTube and Amazon) which is the most confusing instruction video I ever watched. On top of that, that background music is more like FOREGROUND music – it’s louder than the narration!
Lorena Ávila says
Hi Tim the first thing is setting the clock of the feeder. To do that you need to press the settings icon for 2 seconds until the clock icon flashes, then press OK and will take you to the hour, using the up or down arrows enter the current hour, press Ok and then put the current minutes then press Ok. That entered the clock into the feeder. To program the meals press the settings icon, when the clock icon starts flashing push the down arrow then OK. The screen will show the P – 00, using the arrow enter the # of portions you want your cat to eat, each portion equals approx. 5g. Once you choose the portion, press OK and will take you to the mealtime, using the arrows select the time you want your cat to eat that meal, then press OK to save. I have mentioned all the instructions in my review. Hope that helps!