When I made a review of the Wopet Boost Automatic Feeder I didn’t know there was a better option with almost the same features but at a much lower price! That’s right. The Wopet F09 6-Meal has a much lower price and it offers almost all the features of the previous Wopet Boost I reviewed. Lately, I have been interested in reviewing economic feeders for my readers. Attending to this goal, the manufacturer gave me this sample for me to review. So here’s my review of this unit.
Features of Wopet F09 6-Meal
- You can program up to 6 meals per day
- Minimum portion per meal 9g; Maximum 180g
- A personal audio recording calling your cat to eat (10-sec max)
- The lid opens by twisting and rotating with a lock-on system, making it cat-proof
- The lid features a compartment built underneath it, with a desiccant bag inside to keep the food dry and fresh, free of moisture.
- Low Battery indicator: A battery icon shows on the upper right corner of the LCD screen if the battery is low.
- Low Food indicator: If the food is low, a tiny bowl icon shows on the upper right corner of the LCD screen.
- Two bowls: A plastic tray and a stainless steel bowl that sits on top.
- Bin and rotating inner piece are removable for easy cleaning
- Capacity: 4L
- Power: AC adapter and/or 3x D-cell alkaline batteries as backup (not included).
- Dimension (assembled without tray): 7.5” diameter x 12”H
- Feeding tray length (back to front): 7 inches
- Feeder’s weight: 3.1 pounds
- Model: Wopet 6-Meal F09
Key Features of the Wopet F09 6-Meal
- Battery backup: This is an excellent feature because the feeder will keep working in case of a power outage. As soon as the power is restored, the AC adapter will be back to being the main power source.
- Audio message: A recording with your voice calling your cat to eat. You can record a message with a maximum of 10 sec. The message will play 3 times while the feeder is dispensing. You can customize the feeder so the message can play 4 or 5 times instead of 3 times. If you don’t record any message the feeder won’t play anything (it won’t make any sound either, unlike other feeders).
- Manual feedings: If your cat is hungry and you don’t want to wait until the next feeding time you can feed your pet on demand.
- Reset to factory default: This is a great feature that not many feeders have. If you are not happy with the programming you can reset your feeder and it will eliminate the settings you entered previously, the clock, voice recording, and the programming.
What comes in the box
- Wopet F09 unit
- Desiccant bag (it comes inside the lid’s compartment)
- 1 x Plastic food tray
- 1 x Stainless steel food tray
- AC adapter
- User guide
How the Wopet F09 6-Meal works
You can program the feeder to dispense from 1 to 6 meals per day. Each meal can be customizable at the exact time you want your cat to eat (to the hour and minutes you decide) and with the portions you want for your cat, for example, bigger breakfast and smaller dinners, or small meals separated by 10 minutes intervals for cats that eat too fast, etc. When you program the feeder the portions are shown as P01, P02, etc, where P01=9g, P02=18g, and so on. To give you an idea, 9g is approximately equal to one tbsp, but if you use smaller kibble, it’s approximately 11g. You can program a maximum of 20 portions (P20) per meal which is equal to 180g. The feeder operates with kibble size from 2mm to 15mm (diameter). If the kibble is bigger than that the rotating mechanism may jam.
How to set up the Wopet F09 Automatic Feeder
As with any new device you need to clean the pieces first before use. I personally wiped clean with a wet paper towel and dry the parts well. In order to clean the parts, I removed the rotating internal piece by lifting a tab that keeps the rotating mechanism put and I twisted it to the left to remove it. To remove the bin you need to slide a tab down behind the feeder and then rotate the bin to the left and lift it. Once the feeder is clean and dry you can start setting it up. As you need to plug the feeder at the bottom of it under the batteries’ compartment you need to flip the unit upside down. Open the batteries’ compartment to plug the cord and tack it up along the designed wire guide. After that, you turn on the power switch to turn on the feeder. Then attach the feeding tray to the main unit and pour the cat food inside the bin and that’s it. The unit is ready to be programmed.
Video of how to set up the Wopet F09 6-Meal Automatic Pet Feeder
Programming the Wopet Boost 7L Automatic Feeder
Follow these steps to program the clock, meals, and mealtimes:
1. Enter the current time in the feeder’s clock: Press the setting icon for 2 seconds until the small clock icon on the screen flashes. Press OK button to confirm you want to enter the time setting. The hour will start flashing, use the UP or DOWN button to enter the hour (24-hour military time). Press OK to confirm the hour, then the minute starts flashing, press UP or DOWN button to enter the minute(s). Enter OK to save the clock setting. Press the return button to exit to set up the next settings.
2. Programming portions and Mealtimes: Press the setting icon for 2 seconds, press the DOWN button to scroll through to get to the 1st meal that is flashing, press OK and then the screen will show the F-00. This means you need to enter the portion of the 1st meal. Portions are from 01 to 99, and portion 01 is equal to 9g. dry food. On my programming, I entered the setting F-02 which means the 1st portion is 18g. So after you enter the portion # the screen automatically will take you to the time setting, enter the hour, press OK, and then enter the minutes and OK. After that, the screen will display the 2 meal flashing, press OK and do the same to program the 2nd meal, and so on.
Video how to program the Wopet F09 6-Meal Automatic Feeder
Audio message: In order to record your 10-sec message you need to press the microphone icon until you hear a “beep” noise, keep the button pressed, and record your message, and when it’s finished, release the microphone icon button. To hear the message press the microphone icon button. If you didn’t like it you can do it again.
Manual Feeding: To feed your cat at any moment simply press the DOWN button two times and one feeding will be dispensed. Check a video of a manual feeding:
Watch my cat eating from the Wopet F09
How to clean it
Wash the stainless steel bowl and the base bowl with warm water and a mild detergent, rinse and dry well. You can also remove the internal rotating part and the top bin to clean them. Watch the setup video to see how to remove these parts.
What I like about the Wopet 6-Meal Automatic Feeder
- Easy to set up and program
- You can feed your cat (or cats) up to 6 meals per day.
- Good capacity of 6L, approximately 25 cups.
- Option to reset the unit to factory default in case you want to erase the settings.
- You can unplug the feeder (without having batteries) and the unit will retain all the settings.
- The lid has a compartment underneath to hold a desiccant bag to absorb the moisture of the environment to keep the dry food fresh.
- With the stainless steel bowl, your cat doesn’t touch plastic, good for cats with feline acne.
- The feeder includes the desiccant bag.
- Your cat can hear your voice when it’s time to eat.
- AC plug is inserted in the battery’s compartment so it can’t be unplugged by accident.
- Meal portions and mealtimes are fully customizable.
- The battery option will keep the unit operating even without electricity
- The food doesn’t get stuck in the food gate, it goes to the feeding tray nicely.
- If you don’t record an audio message the feeder won’t make any noise during the dispensing (other feeders still make a humming noise when dispensing food when the audio message is not recorded).
- Excellent price.
What I don’t like about this unit
- The buttons function image of the control panel is not clearly visible, as shown on the picture in Amazon.
- The feeder makes a loud noise when the kibble hits the stainless steel bowl. It may scare a skittish cat (you have the option to remove the stainless steel bowl and use the base bowl and it works just fine).
- If you use small kibble (about .8 cm diameter) the portion is a little more than 9g., it’s about 11g.
The Wopet F09 6-Meal is a very economic option to feed your cat up to 6 times per day. If you have two cats that can share the same bowl this unit is excellent, because you can feed them a healthy intake daily by splitting the meals throughout the day into 6 meals. This way you can feed them more often without your cats getting overweight since the minimum portion is 9g-11g. The Wopet is also good for single cats that are on a diet since you can feed them small portions each meal. I recommend the Wopet F09 6-Meal as an economic option to feed your cat.