I was interested in making a review of a budget automatic feeder and my opportunity came when the Wopet distributor contacted me to make a review of the Boost Wopet version. Lately, I have been making reviews of automatic feeders that work with Wi-Fi using Apps, so I thought some people don’t want that; they want something simple to program that dispenses food for their cat and that’s it.
Features of Wopet Boost
- Feeds your cat up to 4 meal times per day
- Individually customizable portions
- Minimum portion 10g; Maximum 90g
- A 10-sec voice message recording
- Transparent hopper and desiccant compartment on the lid
- Hopper capacity: 7L
- Power: AC adapter and/or 3x D-cell battery backup (not included).
- Dimension (assembled): 12.8” H x 7.8” W x 12.9” D
- Feeding tray width: 6.5 inches
- Weight: 4.39 pounds
- Model: Wopet Boost F08
What comes in the box
- Wopet Boost unit
- 1 x Plastic food tray
- AC adapter
- User guide
How it works
The Wopet Boost automatic feeder can be programmed to dispense from 1 to 4 meals per day. The digital timer allows you to set personalized mealtimes, according to your cat’s needs. This means you can program meals with intervals of minutes between each if you need to. The portions can also be customizable from a minimum of 1 portion= 10g (1 tablespoon approx.) up to 10 portions (90g). For example, you can program 4 meals per day, each meal consisting of 10g, totaling a daily food intake of 40g. Or 2 meals per day, each meal consisting of 30g, totaling a daily food intake of 60g, etc. To ensure a good operation of the feeder, the Wopet Boost works better with small kibble size, up to ½ cm dia.
Special Functions & Features of the Wopet Boost
- Manual Feed: You can feed your cat an extra meal anytime.
- Voice recording message: You can record a 10-second message calling your cat to eat. In case you don’t like the message you recorded, and you want to replace it, simply record a new one and it will replace the previous. The voice message will play one time before the dispensing.
- A desiccant compartment on the lid: the feeder allows you to insert a desiccant bag in the compartment of the lid. This keeps the food fresh longer.
- Battery backup: A good feature of this unit is that it supports 3D cell battery backup and AC adapter in conjunction. So in case of a power outage, the feeder will continue operating, and if you unplug it, it won’t lose the settings.
How to set up the Wopet 7L Automatic Feeder
First, you need to wipe clean the hopper and feeding bowl and dry them well. Then, assemble the feeding tray with the main unit and fill the hopper with cat food. Then plug the cord into the bottom of the feeder and plug it into the power outlet. Below’s my video on how to set up the Wopet Boost Auto feeder.
Programming the Wopet Boost 7L Automatic Feeder
The first thing you need to know is that the feeder’s clock works with military time, which means 1 pm =13:00, 2 pm =14:00, and so on. Before programming the unit you need to unlock the screen. The screen comes locked by default (you will see a little lock icon on it) so you always need to unlock it to program it. In the user manual, it’s called “wake up” the feeder. These are the steps to program:
- Entering the current time in the feeder (clock): Press SET for 3 seconds to unlock the feeder. A green light indicator will show. Press SET again for 3 seconds to make the hour numbers flash. Use buttons + or – to choose the hour, press SET to enter the number(s). Then minutes will flash, use + or – to choose the minutes, press SET to enter.
- Mealtimes & Portions: Immediately after setting the clock press the + button to add the first meal. The screen will show the 1st meal with zeros. Press SET for 3 seconds to make the hour flash. Use the + or – buttons to enter the hour, press SET. The minutes will start flashing, enter the minutes, and press SET. Then the portion will flash, use the + button to choose the # of portions you want to feed your cat. For a second meal press the + button and a 2d meal will show on the screen with zeros, do the same steps as meal #1. The same with meals #3 and #4. Note: You need to make sure the green light indicator is always showing when you program, if you wait too long without pressing any button the green light will turn off which means the screen is locked and you can’t enter any settings, so you will need to unlock the screen again to keep programming.
- Record a voice message: While the green light is on, press the REC button and wait for a “beep” sound, keep the REC button press and record your message, release the button and another “beep” sound indicates the recording is finished. If you want to listen to it, unlock the screen and press REC to listen to your voice recording.
How to dispense a manual feeding:
Unlock the screen so that you see the green light indicator. Press the buttons SET and “+” at the same time. An extra feeding will be dispensed.
How to program the Wopet Boost Pet Feeder (and watch my cat eating) :
Note: In the video, I mentioned that each portion equals 10mg instead of 10g, sorry about that.
How to clean it
The removable feeding tray can be submerged in water to wash it. It’s recommended to hand washing with a mild soap. Wipe clean the feeding hopper and dry it well (in my video on how to set up the Wopet Booster I wiped clean the food container).
What I like about the Wopet Boost 7L Automatic Pet Feeder
- Easy to set up.
- A transparent hopper allows me to see how much food is left.
- The plug cord is long so it gives you more options where to put the feeder.
- The food container has a large capacity of 7L. Approximately 30 cups.
- The lid features a desiccant bag compartment to keep the food fresh, free of humidity.
- You can record a message so your cat will know when it’s time to eat (even though they recognize the sound of the motor anyway :)
- The digital timer allows you to customize mealtimes minutes apart if you need.
- The minimum portion is small, 10g. Ideal for a cat on a diet.
- If 4 portions per day are not enough, you can manually feed your cat extra meals when you get home.
- The accuracy of portions is good.
- In case of a power outage, the feeder will keep operating with the battery backup.
- You can reset the unit to delete all the settings if you want. This is a cool feature that no all feeders have.
- When the food is dispensed it goes to the front edge of the feeding tray, it doesn’t pile up in the food gate.
- Good price.
What I am not a fan of
- The feeder doesn’t come with a desiccant bag, you have to buy it.
- The LCD screen is not LED-backlit so, sometimes it’s a little hard to see the numbers clearly if there isn’t enough light in the room.
- To program the feeder you need to unlock the screen first, and while programming if you don’t press any button after a few seconds the screen locks and you have to unlock it again to keep programming.
The Wopet Boost 4 Meal Automatic Feeder is a good solution for cat owners on a budget who need to disassociate themselves with the daily cat feeding. This unit is ideal for a single cat, however, it can be shared by two cats if they don’t fight for food. I recommend this automatic feeder to feed a single cat and also to feed cats on a diet. I wouldn’t recommend it for cats that have allergies since the feeding tray is made of plastic.