Rating: 2.0 stars | WOpet is an automatic pet feeder that allows you to feed your pet two meals within 48 hours.
The feeder works with two mechanical timers, one on each compartment, which open the lids when the scheduled time is reached. The trays are removable and can be easily cleaned.
WOpet is suitable to feed dry or wet food and it features ice packs to put underneath the food trays to keep the food fresh.
- Flip-lid automatic feeder with mechanical timer
- It can be set up to 2 meals within 48 hours
- It works with 2x AA alkaline batteries that are not included.
- Ice packs keep the food fresh
- Removable food trays for easy cleaning
- Food tray capacity: 1 cup dry food (each tray)
- Material: plastic
- Color: white and black
HOW IT WORKS
The mechanism of the Wopet is the same than similar dual flip-lid automatic feeders, such as the CatMate C20 feeder and the PetSafe 2-meal.
Wopet works with a mechanical timer which consists of a wheel that you can turn to the interval (time) you want. The timer shows numbers every 4 hours, but you can set the timer for a one-hour interval, up to 48 hours. The wheel starts with “0” present time to “48”. If you set the timer at 2 pm your time for example, and you set the wheel in # 4, the lid will open at 6 pm.
When turning the dial it will rotate until reaches “zero” and then the locking mechanism releases and the lid opens.
The trays on the feeder have good capacity, each tray holds up to 1 cup of dry food but if you remove the food tray, it can hold up to 2 cups.
VIDEO HOW THE WOPET 1-MEAL WORKS
- Each food tray has its own timer
- You can set the feeder up to 48 hours.
- It can be used with wet or dry food.
- It features ice packs to keep the food fresh, excellent to feed wet food
- The unit isn’t noisy when operating
- Very simple design that is easy to operate
- Removable food trays for easy cleaning
- Mechanic timers aren’t accurate so you can’t program both food trays to open at the same time (a “con” if you want to feed two cats, one from each tray)
- The feeder is quiet when operating and it lacks an alarm so your cat might not hear the feeder opening.
- The plastic is not very thick
- Some customers state that the unit didn’t come with instructions
- Other customers mentioned that the locking mechanism doesn’t open when the timer reaches zero.
- It can’t be turn off because it doesn’t have an ON/OFF button.
- It can’t be stored with the lids closed
TIPS & INSTRUCTIONS
- During hot weather, it’s a good idea to freeze the canned food.
- If your cat is skittish, you can use the feeder without batteries first, with the lids opened.
- If using the unit outside, make sure to protect it from the sun and water.
- Don’t place the automatic feeder next to a wall as the lids might not fully open.
- Only the food trays can be submerged in water. The rest of the feeder must be wiped clean.
Wopet works as a daily feeder to help you control your cat’s feeding habits, but I wouldn’t recommend it to feed your pet if you are going to be absent for a long period of time.
For example, you can use it without the trays, filling both compartments with dry food so your cat eats from the first compartment, then you can lock it again till later (setting the new time) and then the next day the other compartment will open automatically and you can do the same. This is just one example how to use the unit with supervision and controlling your cat’s eating habits.
√ I recommend Wopet for:
- Feeding your cat under your supervision
- Feeding two cats that can eat from the same tray
x I would not recommend it:
- To feed your cat while you are away from home for several days.
- To feed two cats to eat from a different tray
- Cats obsessed with food
Jeanne Gay says
The timers do not work, I have tried to contact the company w/no luck! I guess I am stuck w/a feeder that does not work…. Not happy
Lorena Ávila says
So you got a defective unit and you can’t contact customer service? That’s really not good. I recommend you to send an email to [email protected] with your Amazon order # if you bought it in Amazon. If not, just provide your order number. Hope that helps!