The Petmate Infinity is a popular cat food dispenser so I decided to make a review for this product and give you good information if you want to buy one for your cat.
Petmate Infinity is a programmable feeder to dispense 1,2 or 3 meals per day. You can program breakfast; lunch and dinner meals or you can customize the feeding schedule according to your needs (e.g. eliminating dinner).
The Petmate Infinity dispenses from ¼ cup of dry food up to 2 cups.
The feeder has a large capacity of 5 lb of dry food (4.2 pounds holder). The removable bowl is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
This feeder has to be used just with dry food and for indoor use only. It requires 3 D size batteries (not included). New versions of Infinity are only battery operated.
- Programmable to dispense up to 3 meals by day.
- You choose specific time for each meal.
- Portions control from 1/4 up to 2 cups each meal at a time.
- Feeder with a capacity of 5 lbs. of dry food (4.2 pounds holder)
- Twist-lock lid to keep the food fresh and secure.
- Removable bowl for easy cleaning.
- Dimensions are 14 x 9 x 15 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 4.4 pounds
TIPS TO USE THE PETMATE INFINITY:
- New models of Petmate Infinity are only battery operated (old version accepts AC adapter).
- The Petmate Infinity is for be used indoor only.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Petmate Infinity?
- It is easy to assemble.
- Easy to program.
- It holds a big amount of food at once.
- You have the ability to set the meal to be on or off.
- This feeder does not make much noise.
- Not accurate portions if using small pellet size (1/4” diameter).
- Dispensing is not reliable if the hopper has low food level.
- Cats could reach extra food from the chute using their paws.
- New version is only battery operated.
- The minimum to dispense is quarter cup, not good if you feed your cat two or three times a day.
This automatic feeder is more suitable for dogs than cats because some cats can outsmart the feeder, reaching food with their paws. According to some customer reviews the unit is not very accurate in dispensing portions for cats, so it may not work well if you have your cat on a diet or if your cat needs a very accurate feeding schedule. So if you strictly want to control your cat’s food intake or if you want a sturdy feeder, maybe this unit won’t be on top of the list.
√ This feeder might work in some situations as follows:
- If you feed your cat medium or big size pellet (up to ½” diameter).
- If you feed your cat 1 or 2 times a day.
- If you want to feed multiple cats.
- If your cat/cats are docile and not obsessed with food.
- If you don’t have your cat on a diet or if you don’t need an exact feeding schedule for your pet.
Χ I would not recommend the Petmate Infinity in this situation:
- If you feed your cat small size pellet (1/4″ diameter) and you want to get the best accuracy in the portions dispensing. For example, if you have your cat on a diet and want it to eat 3 times a day, completing a total of 2.82 Oz. (80 g.) of dry food by day. I recommend the CSF-3 Super Feeder or the Pet Feedster instead.
- If you have a smart, obsessed with food cat
- If you have to follow a strict feeding schedule for your cat
- If you want a sturdy unit
NOTE: Petmate changed their version “Infinity” to a new design. The new version works the same than the previous version.