The Pet Feedster has been designed to overcome the typical problems of other automatic pet feeders.
This automatic feeder allows you to adjust the size and shape of your cat kibble and you can program it up to 5 times per day, with the option of setting different amounts of food at a time for a customized intake. For example, if you want your pet to eat 4 times a day and the strongest meal to be dispensed in the morning with half cup of dry food and then one tablespoon each meal (the following 3 meals) you can do that with this unit.
The range of portions goes from a tablespoon to 6 cups of kibble, which makes it suitable to feed more than one pet.
This unit is ants proof so it can be used whether indoor or outdoor.
The Pet Feedster works with AC/DC power adapter and 6xD batteries as backup so your cat wo’nt starve if loss of power. With the digital timer the unit does not need to be reprogrammed if turned off or if loss of power.
- It works with a wide range of pellet sizes and shapes, even most semi-moist food from 1/8″ to 3/4″, (No wet or canned food).
- Portions go from one tablespoon up to 6 cups of kibble at a time.
- Digital timer that gives you accuracy in feeding times.
- It works with 6 D batteries to backup the unit that last approx. 4 months.
- Digital timer retains the programming if power goes out, you don’t need to reprogram.
- Unit holds up to 10 pounds of dry food.
- Built-in mounting brackets if you need to mount the unit.
- The food bowl and flex-feeder are dishwasher safe on low heat.
- Product dimensions: 13 3/4 x 15 x 17 inches ; 10 pounds
- Bowl dimensions: 9 3/4″ x 7
- Manufacturers limited warranty of one year.
Tips how to use the Pet Feedster:
- Ask the manufacturer for the special protection cover to keep your cat away from the chute because is not provided unless asked for. (Note: you don’t need ask the special cover if you buy the USA PF-10 for cats version, because it comes with a chute to protect the opening).
- Make sure to properly adjust the Flex-Feeder, otherwise it could jam.
- With kibble shapes such as stars, triangles, fish, etc. try to adjust the Flex-Feeder a little wider than the shape, this way the kibble will rotate more loosely.
- Don’t put batteries in the unit before setting it up. The procedure is:
- Plug in the unit
- Setup the feeder
- Put the batteries in
What the Pet Feedster includes?
√ 1 Main Body
√ 1 Base Body
√ 1 Base Body Cover
√ 1 Top cover of the unit
√ 1 Flex-Feeder
√ 1 Bowl
√ 1 AC Power Adaptor
√ 1 Owner’s manual
√ 1 FlexFeeder Installation Guide.
HOW IT WORKS
Check the size of the unit and suitability for all pets on this video:
What are the Pros and Cons of the Pet Feedster?
- The feeder cannot be knocked over by cats easily.
- Digital timer retains the programming if turned off or a loss of power.
- It can dispense up to 5 times a day with different portions at a time if you want.
- Allows you to feed your cat dry and semi-moist food.
- Ants proof in storage tray
- Good accuracy in portions.
- Anti-jamming system.
- Hopper with capacity of 10 pounds of dry food.
- It works with AC adapter and batteries as backup.
- It can be easily adjusted to a very wide range of sizes and shapes of kibbles, from 1/8″ to 3/4″.
- It dispenses from one tablespoon to 6 cups of kibble.
- Built-in mounting brackets if you want to mount the feeder.
- It can be setup outdoors.
- Good customer support.
- One year warranty.
- Not very intuitive programming.
- “Flex feeder” might get broken after a couple of years or so. The “Flex feeder” is a flexible piece that goes inside the unit that drops and sweeps food out, this piece is replaceable and not expensive (if you adapt the Flex-feeder properly to the kibble’s size, you won’t have this problem).*
- Smarts cats can figure out how to get some extra kibble from the chute, but you can ask for a special cover from the manufacturer, free of charge. *
- Lid isn’t airtight
- Price isn’t low.
NOTE: Pet Feedster for cats does not have these “cons” because it comes with a special chute to prevent cats from getting extra kibbles from the opening and it has a new refined “Flex Feeder” to feed smaller kibble.
The Pet Feedster is one of the best and most reliable automatic feeder in the market that works as advertised. It has several features that make this feeder unique because it allows you to feed your cat up to 5 times a day with the possibility to set different amounts of food at a time.
Though this automatic feeder is excellent, the “Flex Feeder” piece might need to be replaced after 1 or 2 years of continuous use if you don’t adjust it properly to the kibble’s size your cat eats. You can see instructional videos in YouTube how to do this. The Flex-Feeder piece is not expensive and is completely replaceable.
The Pet Feedster is absolutely worth it and for that reason:
√ I highly recommend this automatic feeder as one of the best on the market and especially for:
- Cats on a diet
- Cats that need to eat several times a day, smalls amounts of food at a time
- If you want a very customizable portion dispensing for your cat
- If your cat is obsessed with food
- If you want to feed 2 cats that can eat together
- If you want a feeder that can performance with AC adapter and batteries at the same time
X I don’t recommend this automatic feeder:
- If you don’t need a feeding schedule up to 5 times a day for your cat and neither a feeder that dispenses small amounts of food at a time (one tablespoon or more) and you want a feeder below the US$100.
- If you don’t want to replace any piece of the feeder after years of use. You can avoid this to happen by adjusting properly the flex-feeder to the right size of kibble. (Important: The USA PF-10 CAT fixed this problem with a more refined Flex-Feeder, especially designed to feed cat kibble).
A good news is if you buy this item through the “Buy with 1-click” option your purchase is covered by “Amazon A-to-z Guarantee”
CHECK THE PET FEEDSTER USA PF-10 ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR CATS!
There is a cat version of the Pet Feedster, especially designed to feed cats!
The “Flex Feeder” system has been adapted to dispense smaller pellets, according to cat’s needs. Also, there is a chute to prevent cats from trying to get extra food with their paws.