This large automatic pet feeder is good for feeding both cats and dogs. It has a large capacity and good range of feeding. Let’s see a general description of this product and then the pros and cons:
The large automatic pet feeder has a capacity of 45 cups or 10.65 L. This allows feed range from 1 to 99 days. It has programmable portions sizes from ¼ cup to 2 ½ cups and you can schedule the feeding from 1 to 4 times per day. It has also a smart sensor preventing overloading of feeding tray.
This feeder has also a pet-proof lock on lid for “smart cookies”. You can also customize a personal record message for your pet and an alarm sounds when feeding schedule expires.
It has a LCD clock easy to read, built-in microphone, speaker and low battery indicator. The system has a unique anti-jamming feature. This feeder requires 4 D batteries (not included). Dimensions: 17” x 9.5”x 14” and weight, 6.5 lbs.
What are the Pros and Cons of the large automatic pet feeder?
- Large capacity of the hopper, to hold up to 10.65 L dry food.
- Customizable system for feeding schedule.
- Recording of owner’s voice that plays when it dispenses
- Allows up to 4 feeding times per day
- Detachable hopper and feeding tray for an easy cleaning
- Can be adapted to dispense food for 2 pets
- Very tricky to program, so you have to remember where the instructions are to use them again.
- Every time you change batteries or turn off the feeder, you have to program it again.
- The ¼ cup portion is not accurate with small size cat food, it becomes more like 1/3 cup with small size food.
√ I recommend the large automatic pet feeder for your cat, in these cases (all together):
- You use at least ½” diameter size cat food.
- Your cat eats 1 or 2 times per day at the most (more than that could overfeed your cat)
- If you don’t mind grabbing the instructions and reprogramming this unit every time you change the batteries and when the feeder is turned off.
x I wouldn’t recommend it:
- As the CONS states in this review, this is a very tricky unit to program, so don’t buy it if you don’t want to deal with complicated programming devices.
- Cats on a diet.
To see more reviews of other automatic food dispensers click here.