The HoneyGuaridan A36 is the answer for cat owners who need a reliable automatic feeder that won’t jam and that will work effectively when leaving the cat alone at home.
Features of HoneyGuaridan A36
- Dispenses up to 6 meals per day
- Portions are programmed individually
- Design made to prevent food jamming
- Infrared sensor avoids food bowl from overloading
- Built-in microphone to record a message calling your cat to eat.
- Removable stainless steel bowl
- Hopper capacity: 13 cups
- Bowl capacity: 3 cups
- Double power supply: AC/DC adapter (5C1A standard) or 4 x D size batteries (batteries not included)
- Made of ABS plastic
- Dishwasher safe food bowl
- Motor working life expectancy: 20,000 hours
- On/Off switch button
- Feeder dimensions: 16.9” x 11.4” x 7.1”
- Bowl dimensions: 7” dia x 1.5” deep
- 30 days money-back guaranteed
- One-year warranty
What comes with the unit
- Honey Guaridan A36 feeder
- AC/DC adapter
- User’s guide
- Customer service gift card
How the dispensing system works
The mechanism of HoneyGuaridan A36 consists of a small rotational tray under the food bin that features 6 slots or compartments that hold the food. One slot is equal to 1 portion, which is approximately 0.3 ounces (about 7 gr).
The recommended kibble size must be between 0.19 and 0.6 inches diameter in order to avoid food jamming inside the mechanism. If using a small kibble (0.19” dia) the amount of food in 1 portion is about 7-10 gr.
The feeder can be programmed to dispense from 1 portion up to 80.
How to program the HoneyGuaridan A36
This automatic feeder allows you to feed your cat up to 6 meals per day. You can program each meal at anytime you need. Also, you can choose the meal sizes individually or program all the meals to be the same size. To program the size of each meal you must choose the # of portions from 1 up to 80. One portion equals to a little less than one tablespoon (7 gr./0.3 Oz / 1/32 cup).
The programming is easy using the built-in blue light LCD display. All the settings can be entered through 4 buttons.
The (+) and (-) buttons allow you to scroll up or down the options. The (SET) button enters the selected option. The (REC) button will record the personal voice message calling your cat to eat. When programming the LCD panel will show what you need to do next.
Follow these steps to program the HoneyGuardian A36 feeder:
- Programming the clock. Press SET button and a “LoLo” text will show up on the screen, this means the LCD screen is locked. To unlock the screen, press the SET button for 3 seconds to set the clock. Then, the number will blink then press (+) or (-) button to choose the current hour, press SET to enter the hour. Then choose the minutes and wait for 3 seconds for the minutes to set without pressing the SET button, just leaving the minutes blinking and wait for 3 seconds until the minutes stop blinking by themselves. Note: You have only 3 seconds to set up the screen, if you take longer you need to start from the beginning.
- Programming Mealtimes. Press + to start programming, then press SET to enter the time when the first meal will be dispensed, use the buttons + or – to choose the hour, press SET, then choose the minutes and press SET.
- Programming portion. Right after programming the time of the meal the portion will show up on the screen as “FI 01” the portion number will show as “01” and will be blinking. Enter the portion you want, either 01, 02, etc using the + or – buttons. Don’t press anything right after, just leave the portion blinking until it stops (about 3 seconds). Note: You need to calculate the portion # which will be the meal size; 1 portion=A little less than 1 tbsp approx.
- Programming the second meal, press SET and unlock the “LoLo” text by pressing for 3 seconds. Press + to scroll through the first meal and again + to see the first portion, then press + again to put the hour of the second meal. Press SET and the hour will start blinking and press + or – to choose the time of the 2nd meal to be dispensed, then press SET if you want 0:0 minutes. Now the portion will be blinking and you can press + or – depending on the portion you want for your cat to eat (01,02, etc), don’t press anything after that, just wait for 3 seconds until it stops blinking.
- Repeat the same for the third meal and so on.
Once you program a feeding schedule it will repeat the same everyday. If you are using AC adapter and a power outage occurs, the machine will retain the settings so you don’t need to reprogram the meals, only the clock. If you need to replace batteries the programming won’t be lost either. If you decide to plug the feeder and put batteries, the unit will retain the feeding plan and the clock. By doing this, you ensure the feeder will dispense food no matter what.
How to clean the unit
The feeding bowl and food hopper are removable for easy cleaning. Both are dishwasher safe. You can clean the bowl and hopper by hand, using warm water and mild soap.
Pros & Cons of HoneyGuaridan A36 Automatic Cat Feeder
Discover the advantages and disadvantages of this automatic feeder to decide with good information if this device suits your cat needs.
- Sleek and modern design that looks good anywhere
- Easy to set up
- Easy to program
- You can feed your cat up to 6 meals per day, individually portioned.
- It dispenses small amounts per meal up to cups.
- It works with AC adapter and battery for continuous operation
- Disassemblable and easy to clean
- Cats can’t reach food with their paws
- Stainless steel bowl prevents feline acne
- Cat-proof airtight locking lid keeps the food fresh
- Ability to dispense small portions (2 tsp approx) `using the recommended food size
- Voice recording feature calling the cat to eat
- Blue light indicator when the bin is getting empty
- Bowl is wide enough for two cats eat comfortably
- A little noisy when the food drops
- You need to test the portion first to program it
The HoneyGuaridan A36 is a good automatic feeder that will take care of feeding your cat automatically while you are at work or sleeping at home. The unit is reliable and it features an internal mechanism that doesn’t jam when using the right kibble size. Also, the feeder lid can’t be violated by the cat’s paws because only human thumbs can unlatch the lid.
The capacity of this automatic feeder is large, being perfect to feed two cats that can eat together. Finally, the design of this unit is sleek and modern so you can place it in view without looking odd. I definitely recommend this automatic pet feeder, especially for:
- Cats that eat too fast and then throw up
- Food-obsessed kitties
- Feeding two cats
- Preventing feline chin acne