Hoison is an automatic pet feeder that features 10 functions to feed and interact with your pet.
With this unit you can feed, talk and see your cat from anywhere on your SmartPhone so if you are working or traveling you can check on your cat anytime and video/voice interact with your pet.
Also, you can program your pet’s feeding schedule from your Smartphone and change it at anytime if needed. By signing in your “Wetchat” account (Wetchat is a chinese mobile App), you can feed your pet in real time by pushing the “Feed” button or take pictures of it.
The feeder registers and stores data in the Cloud service about how much food your cat ate over a week, showing you a report on your SmartPhone. Also, the unit suggests you a healthy feeding plan for your pet based on its eating behavior.
With a smart weigh sensor the unit registers how much food is left in the feeder with a 2g margin error. With this information you know when it’s time to buy more food.
The portions increases for “cups” and each “cup” is equal to 30 gr. (approx. 1/4 US cup).
The unit has a special re-connection system that works in case of lost of signal so you don’t have to worry about re-connecting your feeder. The device will keep working no matter what, even offline or during power outages.
- It dispenses from a minimum of approx. 30g up to cups of food at a time
- You can feed your pet as many times as you want daily
- A patented technology prevents food from getting stuck in the feeder
- Interaction with WiFi: HD camera, high sensitive microphone, high DB speaker, real-time video and voice call.
- Wechat Feeding. Feed your cat or take photos of your pet through your Wechat account.
- Smart Light. You can remotely turn on the light of your feeder through App. Good to use at night.
- Time & Quantity Plan. You can program a feeding schedule according to your cat’s eating habits and needs.
- Accurate Measurement. Weigh sensor allows you to monitor how much food is left in the feeder, up to 2g error.
- Health Management. The feeder registers how much food your cat ate within a week and it suggests you a healthy feeding plan. It stores this data using the Cloud service.
- Cloud service. You can login and use the power of the Cloud.
- Share your pet’s pictures on social media and add family or friends to monitor and take care of your pet as well.
- Offline feeding. Internal battery allows the feeder to dispense automatically if internet or power goes off.
- Food hopper capacity: 4.4 lbs
- Operation System: iOS, Android
- Voltage: IN 100-240V OUT 9V
- Dimensions: Top 6.3” – Bottom 9.4” – Height 19.7”
HOW IT WORKS
The feeder is almost a one-piece device made from FDA approved plastic, only the food hopper is removable. The unit has an emergency internal battery that allows the feeder to keep dispensing in case of power outages or if the feeder loses internet connection. This battery lasts up to 24 hours.
In case of loss of signal Hoison feeder has a special auto connect system that keeps the unit connected without the need of restarting it.
- You can remotely feed your cat and program the feeder from anywhere
- It dispenses from a minimum of approx. 30g up to cups of food at a time (depending on the kibble size)
- It allows you to feed your cat as many times as you need per day
- You can monitor how much food there is in the feeder with a 2g margin error. An alarm tells you when there is not enough food.
- Hoison Apps allows you to check a feeding chart of your cat’s eating, over a week period
- Hoison App recommends you a healthy feeding plan for your cat
- You can see and hear your cat in real time. Your cat can hear you as well.
- With automatic re-connection system if signal is lost
- Internal battery ensures the automatic dispensing in case of power loss
- Family and friends can monitor the pet as well if you want
- It uses Cloud service to store data
- Good quality HD video image
- High sensitivity microphone
- Only works with Smartphones, it can’t be used with laptops or PC’s
- It does not notify to your Smartphone when battery is low
- Only food hopper is removable.
- Battery backup has a limit of 24 hours
- You need to register and open an account on Wetchat to trigger feedings and take photos
- There is not very much technical information in English.
- You need to change the time zone to yours on the App.
- The camera doesn’t allow to see the tray or the cat eating
- Hopper door’s hinge is made from thin plastic
- Feeder isn’t airtight
- Minimum amount of food may be too big if using small kibble
Hoison Automatic Pet feeder is a smart device with a wide range of functions to give you full control over your pet’s feeding. The unit is an option for busy people that need to be in contact with their pets when working, traveling or simply when going.
However, the feeder has some issues such as lack of good technical information in English and the time zone due to the Chinese App used with this feeder. Also, this automatic feeder has been introduced to the market with Beta versions in order refine the ultimate version of the feeder.
√ Hoison automatic pet feeder is suitable:
- For busy people with Smartphone (iOs and Android)
- If you want to see, talk and feed your cat from anywhere in the world
- If you want more people checking on your pet besides you
- If you want to put your cat on a diet
x The unit may not be suitable:
- People that don’t use Smartphones
- If you want a unit with a removable tray
- If you don’t want to adjust the unit’s time zone.
- If you want in-depth technical information in English.