Crown Majestic series V3 is an automatic pet feeder that feeds your cat and supplies water all in one unit.
The Crown Majestic is suitable for both dogs and cats and has a maximum capacity of 4.4 Lbs of dry food.
If you want to call your pet to eat when you are not home, this automatic feeder allows you to record a personal voice message. No tools are needed to assembly and this unit works with or without the water disposal system.
You can feed your cat from 1 up to 4 meals by day at default intervals of 12-8-6-4 hours in between.
The feeder works with 1/4 cup increments, dispensing a minimum amount of food of 1/4 cup at a time and its accuracy is better with spherical rounded shaped kibbles (1/4″ diameter). Small flat disc shaped kibbles as the prescription diets are not recommended to be used with this feeder.
If you want the feeder to dispense more or less than the default 1/4 cup, you can adjust manually the portion by lifting/dropping a slider located over the opening that will help to reduce or increase the portion.
You can test through trial-and-error method until you’ll get the desired amount of each meal.
Note: Crown Majestic version, VR2 “Regular Feeder” dispenses in 1/8 cup increments, but this version has limited supply and it is offered only when available. Crown Majestic Diamond V3 version supersedes the V2 and V2R versions.
- Made with durable material that is environmentally safe, non-poisonous.
- Up to 4 feeding times per day.
- LCD screen with time and number of cups per meal.
- It works with 4 AA batteries as main source (not included) and with AC 6V adapter (included) in conjunction as backup.
- Simple to program by intervals (1 feeding every 24 hrs, 2 feedings every 12 hrs, etc.).
- It plays recorded message when food is dispensed (12 seconds).
- Low battery indicator on LCD screen.
- Anti tipping unit, it stays stable in position.
- Replaceable impeller/dispenser (sold separately)
- Protective guard to safeguard pets with tiny paws from pulling food inside out the feeder.
- It can be program to dispense 1/4; 1/2; 3/4; 1 and 2 cups of dry food.
- With spill proof gravity water dispenser to replenish water supply.
- Detachable water bottle, drinking bowl and food container for easy cleaning.
WHAT IT COMES WITH THE UNIT:
Tips and Advice to Use this Feeder:
To make sure you will set the right amount of food, we recommend you to test the feeder several times through trial and error method until to get the right amount of food you want to feed your pet. Use the one-button test for this purpose. You can manually unlock the cup size adjuster to your kibbles size to get your ideal portion. The adjuster must be raised by dislodging the pin insert that holds it into a set position.
- The feeder works best with standard round or square shapes. Very small disk shaped, stars, triangles, etc., can get hung up and jam (see impeller image). If you need a feeder that can be adjusted to the pellet size and shape, check here.
- Water bottle has to be clean regularly to make sure it won’t mold. You have to set the water dispenser in the exactly correct position to make it to dispense water in a reliable way.
- It is recommended to use this feeder with batteries as they are the main source of power of this feeder. AC adapter is included and it can be used in conjunction with batteries as backup.
- To delete a previous recorded message and mute the voice feature, simply press “REC” button once and wait till the screen displays the function, then press “REC” again to stop the process. By doing this, you will delete the message and deactivate the recording feature.
- If your cat is very aggressive when it comes to get food, do not use the plastic globe lid because as this is transparent your pet will see the food and think in a way to defeat the feeder. And if your cat tries to get food from the feeder with its paws, you can ask the company to send you the “protective guard” to insert in the feeder, free of charge.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Crown Majestic V3 pet feeder?
- Attractive design.
- Basic unit is solid.
- Easy to setup.
- Adjustable meal portions according to different sized kibbles (manually).
- Voice message can be deleted and if you want, to mute this feature.
- It works with batteries and AC Adapter at the same time, as backup.
- Good for two cats if setting bigger portions of food (up to 2 cups of food at a time).
- Your cat won`t be able to stick its paws up into the feeder to pull out food if using protective safeguard.
- You can use the one-button test to check how much the unit is dispensing or to feed an extra meal.
- It comes with water bottle station attached to the unit.
- The feeder has good capacity of 4.4 Lbs of dry food (2 kg.) with the extended container.
- Good customer service if the unit comes defective.
- It works with intervals so you can only choose the time of the first meal and the following are set by the intervals. The minimum interval is 6 hours and the maximum interval is 24 hours.
- The feeder does not retain the programming when turned off, unplugged or when changing batteries if is not plugged in.
- The unit does not dispense flexible portions sizes between meals, the same programmed portions will be dispensed each time.
- Loud noise when the feeder is operating (depending on how sensitive to noises you are).
- Plastic bubble container does not fit into the unit tightly.
- Water bottle is too small and flimsy plastic.
- Food bowl is not detachable for easy cleaning.
- No flexibility in the amount of food dispensed at a time. Portions are only in ranges of quarters of a cup.
- The feeder does not work properly with all type of kibbles. The feeder’s mechanism clogs if you feed your cat very tiny, flat disk shaped kibbles or triangle, stars, etc.
Crown Majestic V3 has some good improvements over the old V2 version, such as the ability to run on batteries and AC Adapter in conjunction, and the voice recorder deactivation option. I consider important to include in my conclusions a better explanation of how this system works regarding the dispensing system and the feeding schedule by intervals.
- The amount of food that this automatic feeder dispenses depends on the size of the kibble that you are using. You can adjust the unit to your kibbles size by moving a sliding plastic piece inside, in front of the feeder.
- The system jams if using flat disc shaped kibbles (as prescription kibbles) or triangle, star, shaped kibbles because they get caught between the rotating impeller and the wall of the hopper, as the impeller rotates horizontally.
- You can setup how many times you want the hopper rotates to dispense food. Each rotation dispenses a quarter of a cup (approx.2 ounces or 57 gr.) and this is the minimum portion dispensed at a time. You can get the feeder to dispense a little less by sliding a piece inside of the unit and ideally using at least a 1/4″ diameter size, spherical rounded shaped kibbles.
- The schedule is set by intervals so you cannot customize your cat eating schedule, you can choose only the first meal time. In consequence:
√ I recommend Crown Majestic version V3 as a very good automatic cat feeder with a good value for money. If you feed your cat spherical rounded shaped kibble (or similar not flat), and if the intake and feeding schedule of your cat is one of the follow:
1. Half of a cup to one cup a day. If you want to feed your cat a total amount of food of ½ a cup by day, you have to feed your cat twice a day, every 12 hours (1/4 cup at a time). If you want to feed your cat one cup instead half, just set the feeder to feed 1/2 of a cup at a time, twice a day, one meal every 12 hours as well.
2. Three-times-a-day feeding schedule. If you want to feed your cat 3 times a day, you have to feed your cat every 8 hours and a total amount of food of 3/4 cup by day. If adjusting the feeder inside and using spherical rounded size kibble (1/4″ diameter or more) you may be able to feed your cat a daily amount of 2/3 of a cup, depending on the size of the kibble.
3. Four-times-a day feeding schedule. If you want to feed your cat 4 times a day, you have to feed your cat every 6 hours, entering a total amount of one cup of dry food by day. This schedule is more appropriate to feed two cats so you can feed each cat a total amount of 1/2 cup a day*. But this is totally up to you.
*Note: A normal intake for an active adult cat is approx. 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of dry food by day but this amount will depend on the quality of the cat food you feed your cat. If the quality is high in proteins, the recommended amount is less (approx. 2/5 cup).
X This feeder may not be suitable if:
- Your cat needs do not fit with any of the schedules and portions mentioned above.
- You want a customized feeding schedule for your cat.
- If you want your cat eating with less than 6 hours intervals between each meal.
- If you feed your cat flat disk shaped kibbles or triangle, flower, star shaped kibbles.