The Cat Mate C10 is an automatic cat feeder that works good if you need a regular timed meal for your pet.
This flip-lid type feeder serves 1 dry meal at any required feeding time over a maximum period of 24 hours.
Its food tray has a capacity to hold 1lb (450g). The clock timer it is easy to use and the bowl and lid are dishwasher safe. It requires 1 AA battery that is not included.
- Serves one meal at any selected time within 24 hours.
- 1-Pound dry food capacity
- Quartz timer
- Bowl is dishwasher safe
- It requires AA battery
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 2.8 x 5.8 inches
How Does the Cat Mate C10 work?
The Cat Mate C10 has a lid on a spring and a kitchen-type-clock timer with a notch in it that holds down the lid. When the timer counts down to 0 the notch allows the lid to flip up.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Cat Mate C10?
- Simple to use
- Very easy to program
- Easy to clean
- Quiet when operating
- Very reliable
- Option to turn it off if you want to feed your cat manually.
- Good capacity of 1 pound (450 g).
- Has to be set every day.
- It does not have an alarm calling to eat.
- It does not have ice pack to keep moist food fresh (placing the food frozen it’s a good idea)
- Battery compartment lacks protection (some cats could knock batteries out)
- It needs a locking cover for the timer (some cats could move the clock dial)
- Make sure to have always fresh batteries.
- Protect the battery compartment.
CONCLUSION: The Cat Mate C10 is a very simple concept in automatic feeders that is designed for a specific task: to feed one-time meal for your cat. This unit gets the work done and it is reliable as long as you always keep fresh batteries in the unit.
√ I recommend this automatic feeder, especially to:
- Docile cats not obsessed with food
- Cats that need one regular meal every day
- As a complement to a specific diet for your pet
- To complement other automatic feeding systems.
- If you want to feed two cats (one feeder each) that cannot eat close to each other.
X The feeder is not very suitable:
- If your cat is very obsessed with food.
- If you want to feed your cat wet food without being refrigerated.
- If you want a very exact accuracy in meal time (timer is not digital).