BABADIO AUTOMATIC PET FEEDER PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Babadio is an automatic pet feeder that can be programed and managed with a Bluetooth remote control. You can also record a personal voice recording, calling your pet to eat.
With Babadio automatic pet feeder you decide the portions for each meal and meal times so you can program the most suitable feeding schedule for your pet with the right amount of food to keep your pet at a healthy weight.
The feeder works with batteries, not included. Alkaline batteries last about 4-6 months with regular use.
- Programmable with Bluetooth remote control
- Can be programmed up to 3 meals a day to the minute.
- Adjustable meal sizes from 1 to 12 portions per meal ( 1 portion= 1/6 cup or 0.5 oz of dry food approx.).
- Hopper capacity is 4.5 liters (19 cups / 9.5 pounds of dry food)
- All parts are removable for easy cleaning, including food tray.
- Built-in Voice Recorder & Speaker. You can record a personal message that repeats 3 times calling your pet to eat.
- It works with 3 x C-size alkaline batteries. The remote control uses 2 x AAA-size batteries (not included, Amazon brand alkaline battery suggested) .
- Manual feed option by a push of a button.
- Built-in detection laser can prevent the food getting stuck in the opening.
- Accommodates various shapes of dry foods.
- Battery life indicator
- Dimensions: 8.7” x 15” x 11”
- Food tray size: is 8″ x 7″ x 1.8″
- Item’s weight: 4.7 lbs
HOW IT WORKS
Babadio uses a conveyor belt to dispense food and this system helps with the accuracy the feeder needs. The feeder works with most dry kibble which sizes are equal or less than 0.39 x 0.39 inches (1cm x 1cm). The unit also works with semi moist food, but some customers claim semi moist food could get stuck in the opening.
The minimum portion will depend on the size of the kibble. The range could go between 0.4-0.7 ounces of dry pet food. As the cat food kibble is generally small, the minimum amount it’s between 0.6 and 0.7 Oz approx. The maximum portion is about 2 cups dry food.
The unit runs only on batteries and you will see a signal when it’s time to replace them. You will have to reprogram the Babadio automatic feeder when changing batteries.
If the remote control is out of range or running out of batteries, Babadio automatic feeder still works normally because the feeder and the remote control use different electric power systems.
- Nice sleek design
- Well made
- Easy to clean
- Good accuracy
- Feeder is strong and not easy for a cat to tip over
- Wide good tray allows two cat to eat together
- You can record a message for your cat which plays 3 times before each meal is dispensed.
- Square shaped opening on chute makes it hard for cats trying to steal some kibble with their paws
- You can choose portions and meal times
- You can bring the next feeding forward at present time
- You can feed your cat snacks in between by a push of a button
- Some units came with instructions in Chinese instead English. (The Company refunds $5 compensation if this happens and they send the instructions in English via email)
- Not very easy to setup in the beginning (after a couple of times, it gets easier)
- Minimum portion is too large to feed one cat 3 times a day
- Feeder loses the programming if turned off or if changing batteries
- Long pause between each message (3) before the food gets dispensed could frustrate some cats
- You can’t turn the voice feature off (tip: you can record silence)
- Occasionally kibble could get stuck in the chute, especially semi-moist foods.
√ To extend battery lifespan: A suggested brand is Amazon brand alkaline battery. And also make sure to keep the remote control away from the Babadio automatic feeder once you are done using it, so you can extend the battery life of both.
√ If your cat is messy and food obsessed the feeder provides an option to screw it down to a wooden board to hold it in place.
√ Don’t let the hopper go to low on food, keep the hopper full to ensure its reliability.
Babadio automatic pet feeder is new on the market and so far customers are satisfied with the accuracy of this feeder. The unit is well constructed and can be programmed with a remote control which is very convenient so you don’t have to squat every time you want to program it.
Dry food could get stuck in the opening if the kibble is too big or if you use semi-moist kibble in hot weather. This is a decent feeder under $80.- and it’s more suitable to feed two cats since the tray is large enough for two regular sized cats to eat together. If you want to feed one cat and you want to keep it at a healthy weight, you may have to set the feeder to dispense 2 meals instead 3.
The Company states they have a 5-stars customer service that will assist you with any issue in 24 hours.
Babadio Automatic Pet Feeder is a decent feeder for under $80 that will work well if you use small rounded type kibble for your cat, under 0.39 inches. If you use bigger dry food or irregular shaped kibble or if your cat is obsessed with food, maybe you should check out other options. The same if you are trying to put your cat on a diet and want it to eat 3 times a day.