Anmer A25 automatic pet feeder allows you to feed your cat automatically at the feeding schedule and with the portions you choose, including the possibility of customize the amount of food for each meal.
You can feed your pet up to 6 meals by day and the programmed feeding schedule will repeat everyday.
The feeder works with dry pet food and it has a capacity to hold up to 2.87 lbs dry food.
- Ability to feed your cat up to 6 meals a day
- Meals can be programmed from 1/32 cup to 7 cups at a time
- Digital timer allows you to program feeding times to the minute.
- Hopper capacity of 2.87 lbs dry food.
- Built in voice recorder and speaker to record a 12 sec personal message calling your pet to eat. The recording plays twice before every meal.
- Built in infrared detection prevent food stuck on the chute or spills
- Suitable with all shapes of kibble no bigger than 0.39” (1 cm) (bigger kibble may get stuck on the chute)
- Battery powered: It requires 3 D Alkaline batteries (not included)
- Battery life indicator
- Power ON/OFF
- Manual feedings by a push of a button
- Dimensions: 8.2” W x 14.6” H
- Suitable for small and medium sized cats
- Item weight: 4.4 lbs
WHAT COMES WITH THE UNIT
√ Main unit
√ Top food hopper
√ User guide
√ Examples guide
√ Customer satisfaction card
The feeder comes packaged separately in two parts, the main base and the food hopper. These two parts are very easy to assemble. Once the unit is assembled, the food hopper can’t be removed.
HOW IT WORKS
Anmer A25 automatic feeder works without default intervals, this means you can program the meals at any time you want, up to 6 times a day within 24 hours. This 24-hr feeding schedule will be repeated every day.
Also, the portions can be individually programmed so you can feed your cat a big breakfast and small snack in the afternoon, for instance.
You can feed your cat small snacks in between meals by pushing a button which serves approximately 0.14 Oz dry food.
The food hopper is airtight and keeps the food fresh. The feeder features a built in infrared detector that prevents food stuck on the chute or overfills of the food tray. If the food gets stuck or the tray gets overload the feeder will stop until your intervention to fix it.
The unit doesn’t work with AC adapter, only 3-D size alkaline batteries. A led light will blink on the LCD panel indicates that is time to change the batteries. When changing the batteries the programming will be retained and you will only need to set the clock.
Check a video how the unit works here.
HOW TO PROGRAM THE PORTIONS
The portions of the Anmer A25 automatic feeder can’t be programmed in ounces or cups. You have to select the number of each ”feed” which is between 1 to 99. Each feed equals to one meal. You can select a different number for each meal, for example, #3 breakfast, #2 lunch #1 dinner.
The amount of food for each number is approximately the following:
1 = roughly 4 grams (0.14 oz)
99 = roughly 396 grams (13.9 oz)
- Very nice design, it looks like a mini robot.
- Sturdy and well made.
- The opening of the chute is rather small, less chance of a cat getting food from it (some cats still could get some kibble though)
- Setup is easy, only assembling hopper and base
- Twist top lid can’t be opened by a cat
- You can feed your cat up to 6 times a day
- Each meal portion can be programmed individually
- Minimum portion allows you to feed various small meals (6) throughout the day. Good for cats that eat too fast.
- Feeding schedule can be customize according to your cat needs (no intervals or default times)
- Manual feeds by pushing a button
- Programming is a little tricky (you need to trial and error the number for each portion)
- The feeder makes a grinding noise when dispensing
- The recording message can’t be turned off (if you don’t want a message to play, just record silence for 1 second, it will still make a little noise when playing though)
- Programming the feeding schedule is a little tricky
- It only works with batteries
- Battery compartment sometimes has the “spring” too long and it’s hard to place the batteries in.
- Hopper and food tray can’t be removed so you must wipe clean them in situ
- Some cats can reach up the feeder with their paws and get extra kibble
- Food tray is rather shallow
- Instructions are not very well translated
√ The food tray isn’t removable so if you want to wash it, you can place a small dish on the tray to feed your cat.
√ Using Amazon brand batteries your feeder can work up to 6 months.
√ Don’t use rechargable batteries because the feeder won’t operate properly
Anmer A25 is a good automatic feeder that works as advertised dispensing food at the programmed feeding schedule.
The downfall is that the chute of this feeder is not 100% cat proof since some cats can figure out how to steal some kibble from the chute. This is not something that all cats will do but some cats could figure this out.
However, this feeder offers good features such as customizable feeding times and portions, which is very good for a feeder under $100.
√ Anmer A25 automatic feeder is suitable:
- Cats that are not too obssesed with food
- To feed kibble slightly bigger than 1/4” diameter, but no more than that.
x The feeder may not be suitable:
- If your cat is food driven
- If you don’t want to spend money in batteries
- If you want a feeder that works with AC adapter and batteries as backup