If you like convenience, iPettie Nova litter box comes to the rescue. The design of this litter box makes everything about having to scoop a litter box an easy task and that’s why I chose to review this unit.
I needed to know if this litter box could be used for any cat and if there is any small print regarding the supplies or anything else. Let’s learn what I discovered about this cool looking litter box.
What I like about IPettie Nova litter box:
- No heavy tops to lift in order to clean the box: the iPettie features a roll-top lid that you just need to roll up to scoop the box with room enough to do it comfortably. Other litter boxes feature tops that are hard to remove and lift and that take awkward positions to be able to do it.
- Odor control: the fully enclosed design with carbon filter helps to control odor efficiently. If you decide to put the box in living areas you won’t smell much of the litter box.
- Excellent for lazy cat owners: the fact that everything you need to scoop the litter box is at hand is great if you hate reaching for utensils to clean the cat box. The scoop fits perfectly on the lid that goes on top of the waste tray.
- You can remove parts to deeply clean it: the waste compartment can be removed as well as the top lid.
- It comes with everything you need: iPettie Nova litter box comes with a nice litter mat, carbon filters and liners.
- Hygienic: the waste tray can be lined and this is a very hygienic solution that avoids contact with cat waste.
What comes in the package
- Litter box
- 3 x carbon filters
- 30 x liners (roll)
- Litter mat
Dimensions & weight
Litter box dimensions: 21 x 18.3 x 12.2 inch (53.5 x 46.5 x 31 cm)
Litter area dimensions: 10” long x 12” wide. The base is narrower at the bottom and wider on the walls.
Height of walls (without top): Base has curved edge with 3.9” high at the lowest point and 5.5” at the highest.
Weight of litter box: 8.8 lbs (4 kg)
Litter mat dimensions: 23.6” x 13.8” (60 x 35 cm)
How the Ipettie Nova litter box is designed
The litter box consists mainly of two parts, top and bottom. The top and base go attached by secure snaps. You need to make sure the unit is properly snapped together so you can lift or carry the whole unit safely. Two groove handles on both sides allow you to easily transport the litter box. The top is a roll-up type lid that you need to roll up to open the box. At the base and in front of the litter area there’s a waste tray that features a top lid holding the scoop snugly. The waste tray lid has an opening where you drop the clumps. The waste tray is removable. The back side of the top lid features a filter compartment with a screened lid where the carbon filters goes.
How iPettie Nova litter box works
The cat needs to enter the flap door to access the litter box to do its business. As the cat leaves the litter box the provided litter mat will catch the excess litter from his paws. In order to scoop the litter box you just roll up the top, remove the waste compartment lid where the scoop is and you scoop the box as usual. The round shape of the base with no corners makes it easy to scoop with no need of scraping too much and the smooth plastic doesn’t let litter to stick too much on sides and bottom. As you scoop the clumps you drop them into the waste compartment through the opening designed for it. When done simply put the scoop back on and roll the lid back down.
How to dispose the waste
Simply roll the top up and remove the waste tray lid. Grab the bagged waste to dispose of it, put a new liner and put the waste tray lid back on, then roll the top back down.
How to wash iPettie Nova litter
Roll up the top and remove the waste tray. Unhook the top from the base to empty the dirty litter from the base. Wash the waste tray, its lid and the base with mild detergent and lukewarm water.
Ipettie Nova is suitable for cats that are used to cat doors and for cats that are not too timid since they have to learn how to use a flap door to enter the box. However, if you cat doesn’t get used to the swing door you can remove it, the litter box just won’t be fully enclosed anymore.
Also, the box is recommended for kittens and adult cats not weighing more than 8 pounds. A larger cat could use the box but it’s a tight fit that is not recommended. iPettie is not suitable for multi-cat households since the capacity of the waste tray is limited.
- Cute and modern design that doesn’t look like a litter box
- Easy to clean, smooth surface doesn’t allow sticky litter to stick
- Provides cats privacy
- Convenient, the scoop is at hand to clean the litter box
- Bagged waste makes it easy to dispose
- Removable waste tray easy to clean or remove to dispose waste
- Carbon filter reduces odors
- Fully enclosed design helps to contain litter
- Don’t need to lift heavy tops to clean, only roll up the hood to scoop conveniently
- It comes with a litter mat to keep everything neat
- Includes 2 replacement filters (you will have carbon filters for up to 9 months)
- It comes with a roll of bag liners for up to 30 to 45 days
- Space saving unit
- Keeps larger dogs out of the litter box
- Works only for small cats and kittens
- Scoop size is small
- Waste tray capacity for a day with one adult cat
- Swing door could deter some cats from adopting the litter box
- No availability of waste liners as spare
- Not suitable for multi-cat households
- If you run out of liners simply use a small trash or grocery bags to line the waste tray.
- You can use the litter box without liners. The liners are a more hygienic solution so you don’t need to have contact with cat waste.
My verdict about Ipettie Nova Jumbo litter box
Ipettie Nova litter box is a very well designed solution for cat owners that need everything confined in a small area. This litter box is ideal for reduced spaces where you don’t have any other choice than putting the litter box in living areas where it will be seen.
The main con of this product is the fact that is suitable for a single very small cat, weighing up to 8 pounds ideally. All in all, this is an excellent litter box for small cats that are not shy to enter a flapping door to do their business.