I decided to make a review of iPrimio stainless steel litter box because it’s the first one I’ve seen with a non-stick coating and with a good size XL suitable for large cats.
iPrimio cat litter box uses the same type of non-stick coating commonly used in frying pans. This makes the scooping easier because the waste doesn’t stick to the sides or the bottom as much as a regular plastic litter box. Stainless steel doesn’t harbor bacteria as the plastic trays so the odor is much better controlled.
If you have been using plastic litter boxes for your cat and you’re tired of trying to stop the litter box from stinking, the stainless steel type is worth taking a look at. This review will help you decide.
- Non-Stick coated stainless steel XL litter box
- Stain, rust, and odor-free
- Stainless steel doesn’t buildup odor-causing bacteria
- Stainless steel is more hygienic and healthy for your cat
- The non-stick bottom doesn’t collect residues of litter clumps
- Extra large size accommodates large cats
- Ergonomic design with rounded edges, good height, and dimensions
- Dimensions: 23.5” Long x 15.5” Wide x 6” Deep
- The pan looks like brand new after each wash
- Product made in the USA
- Money-back guarantee
Interesting facts about iPrimio cat litter box
- The iPrimio non-stick coating has been tested many times to determine the resistance of the coated surfaces against metal scoops. If you don’t want minor abrasions you must use the scoop gently or use a plastic scoop. If the coating gets scratches, this doesn’t affect the efficiency of the non-stick properties.
- The non-stick coating is secured through a high heat process to adhere the coating on the stainless steel surfaces to ensure the resistance of the non-stick properties.
- iPrimio may be too tall (6-inch) for young kittens, however, if your kitten is over 8 weeks age, it can start using this litter box.
- There are 2 versions of iPrimio cat litter box. One is non-stick coated and the other is plain stainless steel on the inside. The iPrimio stainless steel version doesn’t feature non-stick properties though.
What are the pros & cons of iPrimio non-stick coated cat litter box?
The following advantages and disadvantages of this litter box will help you to decide with more information:
- Stainless steel is durable, non-toxic, hygienic
- Durable for many years
- Non-stick coated, very easy to clean
- Waste doesn’t stick on sides or bottom
- Round edges make it easy to scoop
- Stainless steel doesn’t buildup bacteria so the litter box needs to be washed less frequently
- The litter box reduces cat waste odors
- Saves on money in the long run, it keeps you from buying a new plastic pan every 6 months.
- Ecologically friendly, it reduces plastic waste in the environment
- Non-skid rubber disc feet on the bottom
- 6-inch deep walls help contain litter and it’s no so tall that the cat has a hard time getting in
- Good size for large cats or multiple-cats
- Stainless steel provides a modern, clean look
- You need to be gentle when scooping with a metal scoop not to scratch the coating
- The waste still sticks on the bottom if not using a good quality clumping litter
- The litter box is not suitable for high spraying cats
- The quality of stainless steel is medium (the unit is durable though)
iPrimio non-stick cat litter box is an excellent solution for a more hygienic litter box for your cat which ensures good health for your feline. Stainless steel doesn’t harbor bacteria as the plastic trays do and this is crucial because the less contact your cat’s paws have with bacteria, the fewer chances of your feline to ingest germs.
Additionally, the XL size of this pan is good to accommodate all felines sizes. The 6-inch deep is not that tall but, allows cats to enter the litter box without much difficulty, however, this makes it not suitable for cats that tend to lift the leg to urinate. If your cat urinates high, check my article on suitable litter boxes for high spraying cats and find out a better alternative for you.
Lastly, the coating properties of this litter box can deteriorate if you scoop too strongly with metal scoops because the coating gets scratched. Even though the non-stick properties of the coating don’t get compromised by minor scratches, it’s always a good idea to scoop gently to avoid possible deterioration of the inside surfaces.
When you find a product that is money-back guaranteed, you know it’s a good quality item. I recommend iPrimio non-stick coated litter box to:
- All cat sizes
- Kittens over 8 months age
- Use with plastic scoops
I recommend this litter box with reservations:
- If using a metal scoop, you must scrape the inside gently
x I don’t think this litter box is suitable:
- For cats that urinate high
- To use with more than 3 cats