Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box helps you reduce the amount of manual scooping because it automatically cleans the cat litter box, keeping it clean and fresh, giving you more time for other activities.
The mechanism of cleaning consists of special sensors that detect when the cat leaves the litter box and 15 minutes later the unit starts a cleaning cycle. If a cat re-enters the unit during the cleaning cycle, sensors will detect the cat and will turn a red light, restarting the cleaning cycle for another 15 minutes delay.
A scooping metal rake starts collecting the clumps from the litter box and dumps them into a waste container. As the rake does not push through the litter as other models, it does not waste clean litter. The motor is powerful and quiet in comparison to other similar brands.
Pet Zone Smart Scoop litter box works with any clumping cat litter and its waste compartment uses disposable bags, no need to spend money in expensive cartridge replacements.
The unit features angled deflector technology with fins and elevated height to ensure clumps to stay inside the litter pan and not on the floor.
The unit is plugged into an outlet with AC adapter, not batteries.
- Quiet when operating
- More powerful motor
- “Scoop and dispose” system does not waste clean litter
- Raised height of deflector to contain litter in the box
- It keeps the litter box clean giving your cat a clean area where to go
- Modular construction for easy cleaning; all parts are removable (motor, waste unit, rake and deflector).
- It uses any clumping cat litter
- Includes 6 no-touch plastic bags and a cleaning scoop. No expensive crystal cartridges or plastic receptacles needed.
- Keeps odors under control with carbon filters
- It allows you to avoid contact with waste and dirty litter pans
- Litter Pan Area: 16″ L X 14″ W
- Product Dimensions: 25.5” L x 18.25” W x 7.6” H
- Item weight: 9.3 pounds
TO CLEAN THE LITTER PAN
You can scoop it empty or remove the litter tray to dump the dirty litter and wash. Disassembling the unit is easy. You can see how the Pet Zone works and how to disassemble the unit on this video.
What are the Pros and Cons of Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box?
- Easy to assemble
- Much quieter than other similar models
- Easy to clean and maintain. Modular design allows all components to be disassemble easily.
- It keeps the cat litter box clean and fresh
- It uses any clumping cat litter
- Plastic bags are less expensive than plastic waste collector trays or crystal cartridges.
- Scoop collects waste and does not push clean litter into the compartment.
- Easy disposal of waste
- High side-walls
- Large size for multiple cat households and big breed cats
- Easily adopted by cats
- Operational indicator light works well to give status of the unit
- Occasionally some clumps go off the corners onto the floor when the unit is cleaning.
- Rakes misses clumps stuck on the bottom of the pan (this happens usually with urine clumps)
- If a cat uses the same spot on the litter pan, that area of the waste compartment gets full fast.
- As the unit uses less litter, you have to pour some litter in the unit often.
- Assembly instructions are confusing and pictures are not clear.
- The unit is large, this might be a “Con” if not room enough where to place it.
- Cord is short.
- Carbon filter does not last very long
- As the rake does not push the litter when cleaning, the litter has to be leveled manually.
- If some cat feces get stuck on the rake, it is better to let it dry instead of trying to clean it right away. If it dries, the waste clump formed on the rake will come right off.
- Make sure to use a good clumping cat litter as it seems to work better with this unit.
- If you don’t have an electric outlet next to the place you intend to put the Pet Zone, make sure to have an extension cord because the cord of the unit is short.
Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box is an improvement over the Smart Scoop type automatic litter box with a more powerful and quieter motor, a bigger waste compartment and higher side-walls. The Pet Zone works as advertised and the unit is handy if you want to have a cleaner litter box available all the time for your cat.
Some points to consider about the unit:
- As all automatic cat litter boxes, the unit requires some scooping occasionally, specially with big urine clumps if a cat urinates a lot.
- Important to use a good clumping cat litter for best results.
- The machine performs the best with firm stools and collecting waste from the center of the pan.
- You will need room to place the unit because it is large.
For these mentioned points and Pros and Cons,
√ I recommend the Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box:
- For multiple-cat households
- For small, medium and big sized cats
- If you have enough room to put the unit
- If you are willing to do some maintenance such as occasional scooping, pouring litter, etc.
- If using good clumping cat litter
- If you want to be away for a couple of days (no more)
x I don’t recommend this unit:
- For kittens under 6 months old
- If you want a maintenance-free unit
- If your cat has soft stools or urinary problems
- Cats that only use the corners of the litter box
- For cats that are vigorous diggers or litter kickers
- If you don’t have enough room to put the unit
- For trips for more than a couple of days