Star rating: 2.8 | Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box helps you reduce the amount of manual scooping because it automatically cleans the cat litter box, keeping it clean and fresh, giving you more time for other activities.
Pet Zone Smart Scoop litter box works with any clumping cat litter and its waste compartment uses disposable bags, no need to spend money on expensive cartridge replacements. The unit features angled deflector technology with fins and elevated height to ensure clumps stay inside the litter pan and not on the floor.
The unit is plugged into an outlet with an AC adapter, not batteries.
- Quiet when operating
- More powerful motor
- “Scoop-and-dispose” system does not waste clean litter
- Raised height of deflector to contain litter in the box
- It keeps the litter box clean giving your cat a clean area where to go
- Modular construction for easy cleaning; all parts are removable (motor, waste unit, rake, and deflector).
- It uses any clumping cat litter
- Includes 6 no-touch plastic bags and a cleaning scoop. No expensive crystal cartridges or plastic receptacles are needed.
- Keeps odors under control with carbon filters
- It allows you to avoid contact with waste and dirty litter pans
- Litter Pan Area: 16″ L X 14″ W
- Product Dimensions: 25.5” L x 18.25” W x 7.6” H
- Item weight: 9.3 pounds
- Power: AC adapter
- Requirements to install: Leveled surface and electric outlet.
- Guarantee 30-day money-back
- Warranty one year
Any cat weighing between 5 and 10 lbs. The unit works well for 2 cats, but better results are with a single cat. Kittens over 6 months of age can start using the Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box.
HOW IT WORKS
The mechanism of cleaning consists of special sensors that detect when the cat leaves the litter box and 15 minutes later the unit starts a cleaning cycle. If a cat re-enters the unit during the cleaning cycle, sensors will detect the cat and will turn a red light, restarting the cleaning cycle for another 15 minutes delay.
A scooping metal rake starts collecting the clumps from the litter box and dumps them into a waste container. As the rake does not push through the litter as other models, it does not waste clean litter. The motor is powerful and quiet in comparison to other similar brands.
The Pet Zone doesn’t require special branded supplies to operate. Though it uses a carbon filter to control odors and special bags to line the waste compartment. However, you can use just any grocery bag to lining the waste compartment. Also, you will get better results using premium clumping litter.
Check A Full Cleaning Cycle On This Video:
If a cat re-enters the litter box sensors will detect the cat a red light turns on and restarts the cycle for another 15 minutes.
FREQUENCY OF DISPOSING WASTE
Depending on the cat’s habits, every 2 to 5 days.
HOW TO CLEAN THE UNIT & FREQUENCY
Clean the rake when needed. Wash the tray 3 times a month or when needed using warm water and mild soap. The unit is fully disassemblable so you will be able to take the rake apart easily.
PROS AND CONS OF PET ZONE SMART SCOOP AUTOMATIC LITTER BOX
- Easy to assemble
- Much quieter than other similar models
- Easy to clean and maintain. Modular design allows all components to be disassembled easily.
- It keeps the cat litter box clean and fresh
- It uses any clumping cat litter
- Plastic bags are less expensive than plastic waste collector trays or crystal cartridges.
- Scoop collects waste and does not push clean litter into the compartment.
- Easy disposal of waste
- High side-walls
- Large size for multiple cat households and big breed cats
- Easily adopted by cats
- Operational indicator light works well to give the status of the unit
- Occasionally some clumps go off the corners onto the floor when the unit is cleaning.
- Rakes misses clumps stuck on the bottom of the pan (this happens usually with urine clumps)
- If a cat uses the same spot on the litter pan, that area of the waste compartment gets full fast.
- As the unit uses less litter, you have to pour some litter into the unit often.
- Assembly instructions are confusing and pictures are not clear.
- The unit is large, this might be a “Con” if not room enough where to place it.
- The cord is short.
- Carbon filter does not last very long
- As the rake does not push the litter when cleaning, the litter has to be leveled manually.
TIPS & TRICKS
- If some cat feces get stuck on the rake, it is better to let it dry instead of trying to clean it right away. If it dries, the waste clump formed on the rake will come right off.
- Make sure to use a good clumping cat litter as it seems to work better with this unit.
- If you don’t have an electric outlet next to the place you intend to put the Pet Zone, make sure to have an extension cord because the cord of the unit is short.
Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box features an improved more powerful and quieter motor, a bigger waste compartment, and higher sidewalls. Some points to consider about the unit:
- The rake sometimes gets stuck and you will need to clear up the litter bed from obstructions such as piled litter on the front end or clumps behind the rake.
- If you let the waste receptacle get too full, the lid won’t close and the rake will get stuck
- As with all automatic cat litter boxes, the unit requires some scooping occasionally, especially with big urine clumps if a cat urinates a lot.
- Important to use a good clumping cat litter for best results.
- The machine performs the best with firm stools and collecting waste from the center of the pan.
- You will need room to place the unit because it is large.
For these mentioned points and Pros and Cons,
√ The Pet Zone Smart Scoop automatic litter box may be suitable:
- For a small, medium, or big sized cat
- If you have enough room to put the unit
- If you are willing to do some maintenance such as scooping, pouring litter, etc.
- If using good clumping cat litter
- If you want to be away for a couple of days (no more)
x I don’t recommend this unit:
- For kittens under 6 months old
- If you want a maintenance-free unit
- If your cat has soft stools or urinary problems
- Cats that only use the corners of the litter box
- For cats that are vigorous diggers or litter kickers
- If you don’t have enough room to put the unit
- For trips for more than a couple of days