Clevercat Top Entry LitterBox Review
Star rating: 4.4 | Clevercat Top Entry Litterbox helps reduce litter tracking your cat leaves from the litter box, it stops litter and clumps from spilling over the edges and it reduces odor.
This litter box enclosed design is a good solution for cats that dig a lot and kick litter when covering their business. Also, if your dog is obsessed with the cat litter box, Clevercat helps to stop most dogs from trying to access the clumps.
The top lid grates help remove litter from the cat’s paws reducing litter from going onto the floor. The cool thing about the Clevercat litter box is that you can use it without liners; its flat smooth bottom makes it easy to clean. In case you do use liners, you can grab the bag and toss it for quick and easy waste disposal.
- Top entry design cleans the cat paws when exiting the litter box, reducing litter tracking.
- It stops most dogs from trying to access the litter clumps
- It helps contain odors with its enclosed design
- High seamless sides avoid urine leakage
- Clevercat can be used with any type of litter
- Light gray color blends with any decor
- Dimensions: 20”L x 15”W x 15”D
- Opening diameter: 9”
- Weight:4 pounds
- 30-day money-back guarantee (if not used)
- 1 year limited warranty
- Made in the USA
HOW CLEVERCAT WORKS?
The cat jumps onto the top of the litter box and gets inside through a 9” opening. Inside the litter box, there is a plastic liner that will hold the litter and where the cat will do its business. Once the cat is done it will get outside the litter box and the grating lid will catch most of the litter from its paws.
WATCH A CAT USING THE CLEVERCAT TOP ENTRY LITTER BOX
See here a video on Amazon of a cat using Clevercat litter box.
- Lid with texture cleans the litter stuck on the cat’s paws preventing it from going onto the floor (it is left more on the top of the box than on the floor).
- The enclosed litter box contains kicked litter from the cat pawing and covering actions.
- It helps to stop most dogs from accessing the litter box (some dogs still can access the unit though)
- Smooth bottom without ridges makes it easy to clean.
- The unit is sturdy thick plastic, well made (top lid holds up to approx. 17 lbs)
- Good for cats that tend to urinate on walls
- It gives cats privacy
- Easy to remove the lid to scoop or clean and litter does not stick on sides.
- Tall sides accommodate most regular-sized cats.
- It holds a good amount of litter for maximum absorption.
- Seamless sides prevent urine leakage
- Not big enough for bigger than regular-sized cats, overweight cats, or large breeds.
- Design is not very stylish
- Liners don’t stay put and don’t fit well in the litter box, cutting down the room on the inside of it.
- Some cats could scratch the plastic liner, creating urine and litter leakage.
- It does not eliminate litter tracking completely if the cat is a jumper that doesn’t step on the lid.
- Some dogs still can stick their head in the opening (it stops most dogs though)
- Some cats change their behavior with these types of litter boxes, not covering their feces
- It does not contain odors if cats urinate on sides of the box
- You can use thick big trash bags instead of liners
- Use a mat to contain the litter that the litter box’s lid does not catch.
- Put some baking soda on the bottom of the litter box to help to contain odors.
- Keep a regular litter box in case your cat is not happy with the new one.
Clevercat Top Entry Litter Box helps in keeping the litter from going onto the floor with its textured lid on top that catches the trapped litter from the cat’s paws. Even though the top lid does not completely stop litter spillage from going on the floor, it reduces it. The unit also is a good solution for cats that tend to urinate on walls or heavy litter kickers that create a mess around the litter box. Some points to consider about Clevercat litter box:
- If your cat jumps to the floor instead of walking on the top lid of the unit, the litter will get onto the floor. You can prevent this by placing the litter box with the opening against the wall.
- If your cat urinates on the sides of the litter box, the unit won’t contain the odor and it will smell like a regular litter box. Although the enclosed design helps in preventing urine and litter clumps from going onto the floor, you need to clean this unit often, at least twice a week.
- Top entry litter boxes are suitable only for certain cats. Some cats will never get used to this type of litter box while others will take to it with no problem. Make sure to test the unit with your cat first (not using litter) and see if your pet gets inside the box. The money-back-guarantee takes place only with unused units.
- If you want your cat not scraping its body against the opening when exiting and having a roomy space inside the box, the unit is suitable for small to medium-sized cats weighing up to 11 lbs. It can be used for bigger cats but they will have less room on the inside and when exiting through the opening. The opening diameter measures 9” so measure your cat’s widest diameter to check if this unit will work, leaving one inch extra.
Clevercat as all top-entry litter boxes is suitable for certain cats. Not all cats accept a top entry litter box. Most cats take to these types of litter boxes but you need to test your cat with the unit first.
√ Clevercat Top Entry Litter Box is recommended:
- For one cat
- For a small to medium-size cat
- To keep small and medium-sized dogs out of the litter box
- Cats that urinate on sides or a regular litter box
- Cats that love to dig and kick litter
x The unit is not recommended:
- For tall, overweight, or large breed cats
- Elderly cats or cats with disabilities
- To stop big dogs with narrow faces (less than 9”)
- For claustrophobic cats
Leave a Reply