The Catit Litter Pan with Rim is suitable for single or multiple cats because it provides enough space for the cat to turn around comfortably and it features high walls that help keep the litter contained inside.
This design is unique, with a raised back that keeps most of the scattered litter and a lower entry that allows the cat an easy access to the litter box.
The Catit is made of a Premium quality plastic, making this unit strong and durable. The rim fits nicely on top of the litter box, excellent to hold the liner tightly.
- The rim on top of the litter pan acts as a shield to stop litter from going onto the floor
- It works well with all types of litter
- Built-in bag anchor keeps the bag open and frees hand for easy scooping, preventing litter spillage
- The pan is easy to clean
- Less mess in the litter box area
- Removable rim easy to clean
- Good for single or multiple cats
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Dimensions: 8″ high in front, 11” in back / 16″ wide by 22″ long
- Weight: 2.35 pounds
- Shape: Rectangular and slanted
- Color: Grey
HOW THE CATIT LITTER PAN WITH RIM WORKS?
The Catit Litter Pan with Rim works as any regular litter box, the difference lies in the rim that is the top piece which is removable. The rim is made of good quality plastic and fits nicely with the litter box. The rim provides good height, stopping the litter mess outside the litter box and also acts as a frame to secure liners. For added height, the shape of the Catit litter pan is slanted with a tall back that stops most of the litter or urine from going outside and a lower entry, making it easy for cats to enter the litter box.
The Catit litter pan features little notches on the front that allow you to hold a bag open while you scoop the litter box. This is a very convenient system that lets you take care of the scooping without having to hold the bag with one hand (image below).
The design of this litter pan is safe, without sharp pieces of plastic that could hurt your cat. The plastic of this litter box is of a good quality, however, the bottom is a little different and thinner. The bottom plastic is slightly raised, and if your cat is overweight or if you use too much litter, the plastic at the bottom could suffer fatigue overtime. All in all, the bottom is flat and easy to scoop.
The Catit Litter Pan with rim features a good size, but not as large as the Catit Jumbo litter box. If you have a cat that weighs 12 lbs for example, it will be plenty of room for your feline friend with this litter box. If your cat is on the large size, let’s say 15 lbs, the Catit litter pan will still work, but your cat won’t have much room to turn around. Regarding kittens, this litter pan may be too high for a small kitten, but it will work for a kitten from 6 months old on.
- Simple and functional design
- Removable rim snaps on top of the litter pan, keeping the liner secure in place.
- The added rim on top and the slanted shape of the litter pan reduce about 90% of spilled litter, keeping the area much cleaner
- The 11-inch back end helps to reduce urine accidents outside the litter box with cats on the smaller side.
- Good for messy cats
- Lower entry allows easier access for the cat
- Notches to hold bag open make it easy to scoop the litter box
- Flat bottom has no ridges to catch on, making the scraping much easier
- Big enough for multi-cat houses
- The bottom of the litter pan is made of thinner plastic than the body and it’s slightly raised (the bottom doesn’t sit directly on the floor) so it can’t hold too much weight overtime without causing stress on the material.
- The litter pan comes in colors that are not very appealing
- The walls don’t contain effectively the urine of a large male cat that urinates standing up (an enclosed litter box is a better solution).
TIPS & TRICKS
- If you have a cat that likes to stand with its butt close to the edges as it urinates, you may need to lift the rim to check regularly if some urine leaked underneath it. If your feline squats when urinating you most likely won’t have that problem.
- A good amount of litter to fill the litter pan is about 4 inches, no more.
- The rim and tall back end of the litter pan reduce considerably the litter scattering but there is still some litter that goes onto the floor from the cat paws when jumping out. Use a good rubber litter mat underneath to catch the litter.
- A good idea to pair the Catit litter pan with an Easyology disposable litter tray. The extra large tray fits well in the Catit litter pan.
The Catit Litter Pain With Rim is a well designed litter box that helps to keep the litter area clean and makes it easier to scoop the litter box due to its special built-in notches to hold the bag open while scooping.
The bottom of the litter box is smooth so it’s easy to clean, but make sure to keep the litter box clean often because dirty litter is heavy plus the weight of the cat may stress the bottom plastic due to its slightly raised shape that doesn’t touch the floor.
All in all this is an excellent litter box and I recommend it, ideally:
- If you want a litter box that is not enclosed but catches most of the litter
- For cats up to 13 lbs if you want enough room for your feline
- Large cats if they are OK with less space
The Catit litter pan may not work well for:
- Overweight cats
- Heavy diggers that scratch a lot on the plastic
- Large cats that stand up to urinate