Innova Natures Table Grain-Free Chicken & Turkey is a formula that contains a good source of proteins for cats, such as chicken.
The ingredients used in Innova formula are farm-raised, including the chicken, turkey and vegetables.
Fresh whole fruits and vegetables gives your cat the flavor and vitamins needed.
Carrots are a natural source of beta carotene (vitamin A, essential for immune function) and peas are an excellent source of protein and fiber.
The formula includes Flexseed, which provides your pet the best omega-3 fatty acids and very nutritive fiber.
- Grain and potato free
- No corn, wheat or soy
- No gluten added
- Made in the USA for adult cats
- Made with farm-grown chicken and turkey
- Peas provide carbohydrates
- Contains fresh, whole fruits and vegetables
- Farm-grown ingredients, such as whole peas and fresh apples
- Kibble approximate size is 1/2″ per kibble.
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Turkey, Flaxseed, Pea Fiber, Menhaden Oil(Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols a Source of Vitamin E), Natural Flavors, Dried Chicory Root Extract, Apples, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Carrots, Pumpkin, Vitamins(Betaine Hydrochloride, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Beta Carotene, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid), Cranberries, Alfalfa Sprouts, Minerals (Zine Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate), DL Methionine, Cottage Cheese, Vitamin E Supplement, Direct Fed Microbials (Dried Enterococcus faecium, Dried Lactobacilius acidophilus, Dried Lactobacilus casel), Rosemary Extract.
Crude Protein: min 42% Crude Fat: min 20% Crude Fiber: max 3.5% Moisture: max 10% Linoleic Acid: min 2.5% Vitamin E: min 250 IU/kg Taurine: min .3% Omega 3 Fatty Acid: min 1.0% EPA + DHA: min 0.2% Calories: 4184 kcal/kg, 521 kcal/cup Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Turkey, Flaxseed, Pea Fiber, Menhaden Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Natural Flavors, Dried Chicory Root Extract, Apples, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Carrots, Pumpkin, Vitamins (Betaine Hydrochloride, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Panothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Beta Carotene, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid), Cranberries, Alfalfa Sprouts, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodide), DL-Methionine, Cottage Cheese, Vitamin E Supplement, Direct Fed Microbials (Dried Enterococcus faecium, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus, Dried Lactobacillus casei).
ANALYSIS OF FIRST 5 INGREDIENTS OF INNOVA NATURE’S TABLE TURKEY & CHICKEN:
Chicken: chicken has 84% water in muscles when weighed before cooked, even though it’s an excellent source of proteins, the level of proteins lower in the recipe after cooked. 2 stars.
Chicken Meal: This is a concentrated source of proteins, more protein than chicken because water weight has been extracted. Excellent source of proteins for cats. 5 stars.
Peas: Even though cats don’t need carbohydrates in their diet, peas are excellent source of proteins, carbohydrates and fiber. As all grain-free dry foods add some carbohydrates in the formula, this is the most acceptable. 5 stars
Turkey: Contains water in the muscles when weighed so it adds water to the protein percentage. 2 stars
Flaxseed: It adds the best omega-3 fatty acid and excellent fiber. 5 stars.
- It contains all the aminoacids cats need.
- Grain-free and no potato
- Gluten free
- Chicken meal is an excellent source of proteins for cats
- No by-products
- High protein (minimum 42%)
- No corn, wheat or soy
- Meat based cat food
- With good source of fatty acid in Flaxseed
- Essential vitamins, minerals and aminoacids
- Fresh farm ingredients
- Peas are the third ingredient, it could be further down on the list.
- Chicken and turkey add water weight to the protein level.
Innova Nature’s Table Grain-Free Turkey & Chicken is a good dry food formula that contains a high level of proteins in comparison to other cat foods with carbohydrates in the recipe.
The formula contains a good level of fiber, though the source is vegetable, it still helps to your cat’s digestion. The formula is balanced, it contains vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, aminoacids such as taurine to support cat’s heart and eyes.
The average rate for this cat food based on its 3 first ingredients is 4 stars which is good. Taking down ½ of a star because of peas as the third ingredient on the list, the final rate is 3.5 stars which is still very good for a cat food containing carbohydrates.
Some points to consider about Innova and any dry cat food:
- Dry cat foods with carbohydrates are not suitable for cats with obesity.
- Very Important: The best way to feed your cat Innova dry food is mixing it with a chicken based canned food and always giving lots of water to your cat.
- Though this formula contains peas in the third ingredient, this cat food contains all the 11 essential aminoacids cats need.
Because of these points:
√ I recommend Innova Nature’s Table Turkey and Chicken:
- For active, not obese cats
- In a mixed diet with canned food and giving plenty of water to your cat
x I don’t recommend it:
- If your cat is overweight
- If your cat does not have much activity
- As the only food