About Pure Vita:
As double check of food quality, periodically samples of finished products are sent to outside laboratories for analysis to confirm that the product meets the guaranteed analysis stated on the package.
- This formula contains balanced omega 3 & 6.
- No whole corn.
- Food naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols (a source of vitamin E).
- Protected vitamin C
- Natural antioxidants.
- Contains Sel-Plex, which is an organic selenium approved by AAFCO.
- Pure Vita has the “4 Life System” formula, composed by De-Odorase, Nupro, Bioplex and Bio-Mos.
De-Odorase: University investigations have reported that De-Odorase can promote a 30% to 50% reduction of gases released from animal feces.
Cats are carnivores with a high protein diet of animal origin. Protein is excreted through urea in urine so cat depositions produce a high amount of ammonia. Decomposition of animal feces by bacterial activity produces ammonia and other nocuous gases.
De-Odorase eliminates overall fecal odor and also the strong ammonia odor. This way when De-Odorase is included on your cat’s diet, its litter box will have a reduced ammonia odor.
Nupro: This is a functional protein from yeast and contains highly concentrated levels of essential nutrients which are important in young animals’ diet.
Young animals experience many stresses in the early stages of life. NuPro is rich in Nucleotides, Glutamic acid for palatability, Inositol and Amino acids and peptides.
Bioplex: Bioplex organic trace important minerals nutrition in a form as close to nature as possible keeping these minerals as close to nature’s plant forms as manufacturing processes allow.
With this technology these minerals are in the same types of compounds found in nature, so they are easily absorbed and more highly retained by your pet, creating good tissue reserves to support immune function and overall animal health.
Bio-mos: Original natural formula to prevent intestinal health issues. It promotes good bacteria and improves immunity system in your pet. This formula is derived from the cell wall of a select strain of yeast.
Pure Vita Grain Free Salmon Dry Cat Food Review
This is a very good option for fish-cat-lovers. This particular formula contains 31% of crude salmon and 18% of crude fat. All other brands you will see the label “salmon meal” as the first ingredient on the list which means crude salmon is not the primary ingredient.
Salmon, salmon meal, pea protein, pea starch, sunflower oil, flax seeds, pea flour, natural salmon flavor, sunflower meal, alfalfa, peas, yeast extract, tomato pomace, dried brewers yeast, phosphoric acid, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, salt, DL methionine, choline chloride, carrots, minerals (iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, cobalt proteinate), taurine, cranberries, apricots, cherries, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate), turmeric, dried chicory root, vitamins (vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), ascorbic acid (source of vitamin C), inositol, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract, yeast culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation product, dried Bacillus subtillis fermentation product.
SCrude Protein (Min) 31.0% 310g/kg; Crude Fat (Min) 18.0% 180g/kg; Crude Fiber (Max) 4.0% 40g/kg; Moisture (Max) 10.0% 100g/kg; Linoleic Acid (Omega 6 Fatty Acid) (Min) 7.0% 70g/kg; *Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Min) 0.9% 9g/kg; Taurine (Min) 0.18 % 1.8 g/kg; Magnesium (Min) 0.08 % 0.8 g/kg; Zinc (Min) 150 mg/kg; Vitamin E (Min) 120 IU/kg
*Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C) (Min) 90 mg/kg
*Total Microorganisms (Min) 100 million CFU/lb **
Pure Vita Grain Free Turkey Stew Canned Food Review
With 5 Oz. this cat canned food contains 9% in crude turkey meat and 5,5% crude fat.
The particularity of this canned food is that it’s grain fee. As describe above, this formula contains omegas 3 and 6, natural antioxidants, naturally preserved, protected vitamin C, minerals easily digestible for your pet, good bacteria to protect your cat immune system.
Turkey, Turkey Broth, Potato Starch, Tomato Paste, Guar Gum, Calcium Sulfate, Taurine, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Betaine, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
Crude Protein (Min.) 9.0% 90g/kg; Crude Fat (Min.) 5.5% 55g/kg; Crude Fiber (Max.) 1.5% 15g/kg; Moisture (Max.) 82.0% 820g/kg; Ash (Max.) 1.9% 19g/kg; Magnesium (Max.) 0.025% .25g/kg; Taurine (Max.) 0.1% 1g/kg
What are the pros and cons of Pure Vita Grain Dry and canned food?
PROS DRY FOOD
- No by products
- Balanced fatty acids (Omegas 3 and 6)
- Probiotics support digestion and immune system.
- Vitamins and minerals easy to be absorbed by your cat.
- Functional protein Nupro protects your cat from different stresses.
- De-Odorase reduces ammonia odor in your cat’s depositions.
CONS DRY FOOD
- Pea protein in 3rd ingredient, though peas are excellent source of protein/carbohydrates/fiber.
- Salmon and salmon meal add mercury to the diet.
- Fish may help to develop urinary crystals in cats with tendency and in cats that don’t drink enough water.
- Availability on stores.
PROS CANNED FOOD
- Defined first ingredient (turkey)
- It doesn’t contain carrageenan
CONS CANNED FOOD
- Max ash percent is high (1.9%)
- Tomato paste is not a good ingredient for canned preparations.
√ Pure Vita Dry food is recommended in small amounts on a mixed dry /wet food diet, to:
- Adult cats without sensitive stomach or urinary tract sensitivities.
- Cats with candida/yeast problems (“Chicken and Brown Rice” formula).
x This cat food is not suitable:
- To be used as the only source of food for your cat, without wet food
- To cats with sensitive stomach (sensitivity to tomato pomace).
- For cats with tendency to develop urinary tract disease
- If your cat does not like to drink much water
About Pure Vita Canned Food:
The formula it’s good for transition periods but not for a long term consumption since it contains tomato paste which doesn’t go well as ingredient in canned preparations.
- Pure Vita Salmon uses wild caught salmon and not farmed salmon which means its levels of mercury are considered very low.
- As all dry cat foods and specially with fish cat foods, this formula needs to be used in conjunction with wet food and providing your cat lots of fresh water to reduce risk of urinary crystals.
Note: Pure Vita is recommended by Nzymes.com, Corporation dedicated to the health and welfare of people and pets all over the world.