Petego Pet bowl with ceramic tulip is an attractive and stylish elevated feeder made from high quality polypropylene.
Petego can be used with or without the food grade ceramic Tulip bowl that fits inside the elevated feeder as an insert.
The ceramic bowl is an option for people who do not want their cats to have contact with plastic. The ceramic bowl is a heavy, high quality unit, hard to be tipped over by a cat.
Both, Petego raised feeder and the ceramic bowl feature a tilted angle, with the front legs being lower than the back legs of the bowl, offering an ergonomic feeding position for the cat. A better position means less strain on muscles, joints and bones when the cat is eating.
The raised feeder features rubber stoppers on each leg, helping the unit to stay put and protecting your floor.
The feeder handles help to carry the bowl in a more convenient and hygienic way.
The raised bowl and ceramic tulip are dishwasher safe and microwave safe for warming.
The unit comes in a wide selection of colors and in 3 sizes: small, medium and large. This review is for small size, suitable for cats.
- Nice, stylish elevated pet bowl with removable ceramic bowl
- Can be used with or without the Tulip ceramic bowl
- Raised pet bowl made from sturdy polypropylene
- Front lower than back provides an ergonomic feeding position for cats
- Handles make it easy to carry
- With rubber stopper on legs to prevent sliding and protecting floors
- Dishwasher safe
- Microwave safe for warming
- It holds 9 Oz of dry food
- Dimensions: 7” L x 4” H x 7” W
- Bowl dimension: 6” Diameter x 3” Deep
- Weight: 14.4 Oz
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF PETEGO PET BOWL?
- Very stylish decorative bowl
- Very easy to clean
- Lower front provides an ergonomic feeding posture, reducing muscle, joints and bones stress in cats
- Bowl ceramic is heavy and high food-grade quality
- Using the ceramic bowl, the unit won’t rust nor have any chemical from plastic
- Good capacity of ceramic bowl of 9 Oz, that can be used also as water bowl.
- Hard to tip over by a cat
- Rubber feet makes the feeder non-skid and protect floors
- You can use the elevated feeder alone or with the ceramic bowl
- Removable bowl makes it easy to clean the raised feeder; just grabbing the bowl, wash it and put it back in the elevated feeder.
- Ceramic Tulip bowl is too deep for a cat to eat (unless filled with food to the top)
- Depth of ceramic bowl makes the food lose its elevation in almost 2 inches.
- The ceramic bowl it’s on the narrow side
- Replaceable ceramic bowl is expensive
- Plastic raised feeder does not look that great without the inserted ceramic bowl
- If you want to keep the elevation of this feeder you can use a more shallow ceramic dish.
- You can use the elevated feeder to feed your cat dry food and the ceramic bowl as water bowl.
Petego pet bowl with ceramic Tulip is a nice and decorative raised feeder that will elevate the food for your cat to eat in a more comfortable position. The unit is complemented with an inserted heavy and high quality ceramic bowl that gives this feeder a unique look.
Some points to consider about the inserted ceramic bowl:
- The bowl is too deep and narrow for a cat. You can keep the food elevation by filling the bowl to the top or use your own cat dish.
- The bowl can be replaced but it’s expensive. The whole set is cheaper than the bowl alone so it’s better to buy a new set (small size unit).
√ Considering the pros and cons, I recommend Petego Pet Bowl:
- If you fill the bowl to the top or using a shallow alternative ceramic dish
- For elderly cats or cats with mobility issues
- For cats with reflux or any other digestive problem
- Cats that like to tip dishes over
x I don’t recommend it:
Using the deep ceramic bowl to feed a cat without filling it to the top or not using a more shallow dish.