The Catit Glass Diner Set is a raised feeder that elevates the food to 4” from the floor to help your cat eat in a more comfortable position.
Raising the food is important for old cats or cats with arthritis. Also, it helps to improve the cat’s digestion, reducing the frequency of vomiting.
Catit Style Glass Diner Set comes with two forward-tilting angled glass bowls ergonomically designed to facilitate the access for your cat to eat.
The base is made from plastic and it features non-skid feet on bottom.
The feeder’s design is modern and with a sleek look that fits with any home decor.
- It comes with 2 thick glass bowls
- Forward-tilting angled bowls for cat’s easy access
- Capacity each bowl ¾ cup dry food (6 Oz.)
- Removable glass bowls for easy cleaning
- Suitable to feed wet or dry food and water
- Plastic base available in black and white
- Non-skid bottom
- Dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 11.3” x 3.5” x 5.5”
- Weight: 1.9 lbs
HOW IT WORKS?
Catit Style elevated feeder has a very well thought out design with 2 detachable bowls that feature a wide round peg on the bottom that fits into a slot on the base to make it stay put. These round wide pegs are solid, not hollow, which gives the unit more heaviness and stability. This feature makes the bowls anti-tip; no matter how hard your cat tries to tip the bowls over, it won’t be able to.
The bowls have a low and high side that gives them the forward-tilting angle; the low side allows the cat’s face to reach the food easier and the high side helps to contain the food from falling onto the floor. The front lower side is 4” high from the floor. The bowls are tapered at the top and they are made from heavy duty thick glass.
The base of the unit is made of plastic and it features a rubber base to stop the unit from skidding across the floor. The base that comes in black looks like wood (similar to piano-black color).
- Nice and well designed with a contemporary and stylish look.
- Bowls are made of thick high-quality glass.
- Slightly forward tilted angle bowls make it easier for cats to access the food and it prevents spillage.
- Glass is more hygienic for cats and easier to clean.
- Anti-tip bowls with wide pegs fitting into the base.
- Heavy duty bowls fit into the base without tipping.
- Removable bowls, easy to clean.
- Highly effective anti-skid bottom base.
- Easy to clean plastic base.
- Replaceable bowls available for purchasing separately.
- Suitable for two cats.
- Good level of elevation (4” from the floor) makes it great for old cats or cats with arthritis.
- Bowls have a small capacity (6 Oz. each).
- Bowls are not very wide on top.
- Replaceable bowls are expensive (one extra bowl costs 25% less than a whole new feeder).
- Wet food tends to stick on the glass if you don’t wash it right away.
- Hard to place bowls back in without spilling water (better pouring water from a bottle).
- Base is made from plastic, not the same quality as the bowls.
- Bowls can’t be used on the floor without the base (because of their design).
- As bowls are a slightly tilting angled make sure not to fill with food or water to the top or you will spill when putting the bowls back in the base.
- Because of their special design, be careful if hand washing the bowls not to drop them.
Catit Style 2-Bowl Glass Diner Set is a very good elevated feeder which accomplishes its main goal which is elevating the food for your cat and keeping the food and water contained in the bowls.
The elevation of 4” from the floor makes it suitable for old cats or pets with arthritis or any other mobility issue. The design is effective and well thought.
The other good accomplishment of this unit it’s the fact that it looks expensive, but it has a low price. The unit actually looks nicer in person than in pictures.
√ I recommend Catit Style 2-Bowl Glass Diner Set:
- For small to medium size cats
- For old cats or cats with arthritis
- For cats that tip the bowls over
- To be used by two cats
x The unit may not be suitable:
- For big cats (big breeds over 15 lbs)
- If you don’t want to refill the water bowl during the day
- For shy cats that don’t like reflections (with black stand)
- If your cat eats more than 6 Oz food daily if using only one bowl for food