Trixie Mad Scientist cat toy is a very unique treat dispenser designed as a 2-in-1 puzzle. It consists in three beakers covered by lids which have holes on it and a board with pegs where the treats fall into from the beakers.
This Trixie Cat fun board includes two sets of lids. The lids of one set have one large hole in the center and the lids of the second set have three small holes. This represents more or less challenge for your cat. Cats are very smart and curious animals, the Trixie Mad Scientist cat toy focus their energy into something positive with a delicious treat or kibble as a reward.
Trixie Mad Scientist cat toy is very well constructed and represents a good challenge for your cat, stimulating it intellectually and slowing down its eating behavior at the same time.
- Trixie Mad Scientist includes a base with frame, 3 beakers and 2 sets of patterned lids
- Intellectual stimulation for your cat
- It slows down cats when eating
- Its unique design keeps your cat motivated and busy, reducing boredom
- Well constructed, with different challenging levels
- Each beaker holds 1/3 cup of small kibble
- Measures 9 x 7 x 13 inches. Weight 1 lb.
- One year warranty.
HOW DOES TRIXIE MAD SCIENTIST CAT TOY WORK?
The cat needs to flip the tubes upside down with its paws to let the treats fall onto the bottom board. Then your feline needs to drag the treat from the pegs onto the floor to eat it. The pegs of the base are similar to the ones of the Trixie Activity Center so if your cat has already mastered the Trixie 5-1 Activity, getting the treats from the Trixie Mad’s board won’t be a big challenge.
In order for the treats to fall the cat needs to hold the tube upside down for a little bit so it allows the treats to fall. If your cat flips the tubes but doesn’t hold them a little, the treats don’t fall.
How To It Works: Step by Step
Step 1: place treats in beakers. You have to place the treats inside the beakers, making sure not to overfill.
Step 2: Keep the lids off until your cat masters the flipping and balancing of beakers. Best strategy if you want to avoid your cat getting frustrated which could make it quit soon. So in the beginning make sure to use the beakers with no lid so your cat will see the treats falling much faster when balancing the beakers upside down.
Step 3: Place the lids with the larger patterned holes on beakers. As the beakers lids come with two levels of difficulty (it comes with two sets of lids: one with large holes and the other with small holes) it’s a good strategy to put the less challenging lid in the beginning.
Step 4: Put the lids with large and small holes on the beakers. Once your cat has mastered flipping the beakers with the large holes lids, put the lids with smaller holes. Make sure to do it slowly so put only one lid with small holes and increase as your cat learns how to flip them effectively to make the treats fall.
Once the cat gets the treats to fall onto the pegs at the bottom, your feline will have the following challenge of pulling them out to eat.
Tip For An Easier Start With The Trixie Mad Scientist Cat:
Ideally your cat should start only with one beaker till it gets the hang of it, then incorporate the other two beakers. To remove the beakers is easy since they tare threaded on a rod.
USEFUL TIPS & TRICKS
- It is a must to be patient in following the instructions to train your cat to use this toy puzzle, otherwise your cat might not get it.
- It is important to eliminate distractions when you are teaching your cat as well.
- It’s highly recommended to attach the puzzle to a heavy board so your cat does not tip it over trying to defeat the challenge that way.
- Great 2-in-1 puzzle concept
- Good quality item.
- It is easy to assemble following the instructions.
- It gives your cat different challenging levels
- It slows down your cat when eating
- It reduces the cat’s food intake
- Intellectual stimulation for your cat
- The toy can be disassembled for easy cleaning.
- It gives your cat a fun mealtime.
- It gives shy cats more interest in interacting
- A food motivated cat could easily move this toy across the floor and/or tip it over. (Attaching the unit to a hard board will fix that problem)
Trixie Mad Scientist cat toy is a great treat dispenser that performs as advertised. It is important to mention that this puzzle can be a bit challenging for cats even after they get the idea. It seems to be most suitable for intelligent and highly active cats, but I would definitely recommend this toy for all cats.
√ I recommend the Trixie Mad Scientist for all cats and especially for:
- Bored cats that need stimulation
- Aggressive cats when it comes to getting food
- Smart and active cats
- If you have observed that your cat has a high capacity to manipulate things with its paws.