Trixie Snack Roll is a toy treat dispenser that stimulates your cat mentally and physically by making your pet work for its treats.
This toy dispenser is designed to chanel your cat’s natural curiosity into a fun challenge because every time your pet bats or pushes at the snack roll, delicious treats tumble out as a reward.
An instructional booklet is included with the toy with tips and tricks to help you motivate your cat to play.
- The toy includes: Snack roll (tub), screw on cover and 3 removable rods.
- Easy to clean
- Fill the toy with hard treats
- Treats are dispensed as your cat pushes, bats and nudges the toy
- You can mix and match 3 removable rods to adjust how easy the treats are released
- It comes with an instructional booklet teaching tips and tricks to keep your cat entertained
- Color: Orange and blue
- Materials: Plastic, rubber
- Dimensions: 6” x 2″ x 2 “
- Weight: 1 pound
- Quiet and durable with a rubber coating
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer
HOW IT WORKS
Simply unscrew the cover and fill the Snack Roll with hard treats. Your cat will push, bat and nudge the treat toy around the floor.
Inside the toy there are 3 plastic rods that are removable with the function of slightly obstruct the openings to make it harder or easier for your cat to release the treats. You can adjust this by putting more or less rods inside the toy, depending on the treat size and your cat’s expertise.
The toy is made from plastic with a rubber coating that makes it silent when running around the floor.
- The toy is of a good quality, with a solid construction.
- Easy for cats to get the treats from the Snack Roll, great for beginners
- It dispenses a good amount of food or treats which motivates cats to keep playing
- The plastic cap works well and it fits nicely with the tub.
- Quiet when sliding around the floor
- The toy is washable
- Food or treast get released too fast and too easy (a “Pro” for beginners)
- The openings are too large for most cat treats or kibble
- Some cats don’t feel motivated to play with a tube
- If you don’t want the toy to release too many treats or kibbles you can put objects like large buttons or similar (larger than openings) to block treats or kibbles from tumble out through the holes.
- Another tip is using duct tape to cover up as much openings as you want to make the challenge high, medium or low.
Trixie Snack Roll for Cats is a toy that is more suitable for dogs than cats, but if you have a cat that is just learning how to work for its treats, this toy is recommended because it’s easy for the pet to get treats or kibbles after batting or pushing the tub, which keeps your pet motivated.
I would recommend this treat toy dispenser for cats that have not used a treat toy dispenser before, but covering some openings if your cat gets too many treats or food.