The CatGenie SideWalls give your cat the privacy your pet needs when doing its business. The SideWalls are 4” tall adding extra inches to the CatGenie rims, which helps to contain the kicked litter inside the litter box, reducing litter scattering.
The SideWalls are seamless and fit snugly onto the unit’s base, matching the same color, Pearl Gray. If you think that the CatGenie auto litter box looks like a cat toilet, you will see that by installing the SideWalls, this unit will look like a human toilet.
- CatGenie SideWalls provide your cat extra privacy
- It helps to contain litter scattering
- 4-inch sides helps to contain urine or feces from “accidents”
- Provides benefits of a hood for cats that don’t like deep cover
- Seamless sides match the Pearl Gray color of the CatGenie
- Named Global Pet Expo 2007’s Best New Cat Product
- Dimensions: 16.2” x 12.4” x 4.2”
- Weight: 3 pounds
HOW TO INSTALL IT
To install the CatGenie SideWalls just slip the sides right onto the base, it’s very easy and no assembling is needed. The ends go under the topper on the back.
The SideWalls feature a lower entry for the cat’s easy access to the litter box. Also, the rims feature small holes to assemble the CatGenie Dome in case you purchase this item.
- Very easy to install
- It fits nicely onto the base of the CatGenie
- It looks neat with the CatGenie, matching the color perfectly
- The SideWalls make the unit look like a human toilet
- It helps to contain kicked litter
- It reduces the use of granules so you can save some money
- Helps to contain urine or feces from going outside the litter box
- If you purchase the SideWalls you need to buy the Dome separately (see tips)
- The SideWalls accessory is 4” tall but as it rests on the base of the CatGenie, it only adds 2 1/2” over the actual rim.
- Heavy diggers still scatter some litter when digging or jumping in
- To cut down most of the litter spillage you must use the SideWalls together with the Dome
- Even using the SideWalls your cat may carry granules on its paws onto the floor
- The SideWalls accessory has holes that don’t look very nice if you don’t use it with the Dome.
- Cats need an acclimatization period of time to get used to the SideWalls in the beginning.
√ If you really want to contain the litter mess and help your cat having less litter box “accidents” you need to purchase the Dome instead of only buying the SideWalls, because the Dome comes with the SideWalls in a set, but buying the SideWalls as single accessory means you will have to buy the Dome separately.
The CatGenie SideWalls work as described. This accessory doesn’t really raise the edges in 4” but only on 2 1/2” but this extra height still helps to reduce litter scattering if your cat is not a professional litter kicker.
I recommend this accessory to stop the granules from going onto the floor but if you really want to cut down most of the granules spillage and keep your cat’s butt on target, you need to buy the Dome that comes with the SideWalls. The Sidewalls and Dome are more suitable for small sized adult cats.
On the other hand, if your cat is on the large side I don’t recommend buying the Dome, because it will reduce the inside space for your cat to move more freely with the Dome on top. If your cat fits exactly in the CatGenie and doesn’t have much room, the Sidewalls won’t make a big difference regarding litter scattering either.
The SideWalls are not recommended for elderly or disabled cats either because as they raise the sides more, they make it a little harder to access the litter box, specially if your cat is used to step in from the sides.