The Maintenance Cartridge is one of the supplies recommended to keep your CatGenie working more efficiently by removing lime and hard water buildup from some areas of the CatGenie that are hard to reach.
The system of the CatGenie cat box requires water running in several ways, that’s why the water sensor and other parts inside the unit could get dirty with water buildup or grime which starts slowly reducing the efficiency and effectiveness of the machine.
The maintenance cartridge can be used only with the units that feature the orange control panel. The cartridge is very easy to use and after each maintenance cycle, it leaves a fresh nice smell in your room.
- Ensures the efficiency and effectiveness of your CatGenie unit
- Easy to use, insert the cartridge, wait for the cycle and remove it.
- It helps to deep clean areas that are hard to reach manually
- It removes lime and grime created by water
- Each cartridge is good for 4 cleaning (It lasts one year if running a maintenance cleaning every 3 months)
- Each maintenance cleaning lasts about 1 hour
- It will leave the room with a fresh and nice smell
- Cartridge dimension: 3” x 4.5” x 7”
HOW IT WORKS
The function of the maintenance cartridge is removing water deposits that build up and sometimes create problems that keep the machine from running smoothly. When water buildup is formed in different areas of the CatGenie system, such as the water sensor or drain holes, the machine doesn’t run the same. A deep cleaning removing water lime and other residues it’s the best way to ensure the unit will be free of hard water limescale and grime.
The simple steps how to run a maintenance cleaning:
Step 1: Disable the programming by pushing “Auto Setup” button for 3 seconds.
Step 2: Lift hoper cover and control panel. Check the water sensor and wipe it clean if dirty.
Step 3: Remove SaniSolution cartridge. Wait for lights displaying and 2 beep noises.
Step 4: Insert Maintenance Cartridge and press “Start” button. The maintenance cleaning will last about one hour.
Step 5: Remove Maintenance Cartridge and wait for the lights and beeps. Insert the SaniSolution cartridge.
Step 6: Reprogram the unit.
FREQUENCY OF USE
Run a maintenance cycle once every 2-4 months, depending on the use. The cartridge contains enough solution to run 4 cleanings so it should last a year if you do a maintenance cleaning every 3 months.
If you have multiple cats you may need to do it more often, every other month or so.
- Handy and simple solution to deep clean and maintain the system
- The cartridge is easy to pop in and let it do the job of deep cleaning the unit
- It helps to keep the CatGenie running smoothly
- It removes water buildup from areas hard to reach
- Great solution for areas with hard water
- It leaves your cat litter area with a fresh and nice fragrance
- The cartridge keeps your hands away from chemicals
- You still need to disassemble the unit every 6-8 months to do a deep cleaning.
- The cartridge only removes hard water buildup, but it doesn’t unclog or prevent the clogs.
- The maintenance cleaning seems to leave the granules more sticky, which increases the litter tracking.
- Some customers state that the cartridge lasts 3 maintenance cleanings and not 4. The last cleaning cycle doesn’t get enough solution to work.
As the maintenance cycle lasts about an hour, make sure to do it when the cats are napping, and right after you know they have used the CatGenie.
The CatGenie maintenance cartridge does a good job to ensure the efficiency of your unit, especially if you live in an area with hard water. Using this product every 3 months or so doesn’t prevent you from having to disassemble the machine a few times a year. Taking the unit apart to clean deeply is part of the things you must do as a CatGenie owner.
All in all, the maintenance cartridge deep cleans certain areas that are subject to be blocked by water lime and this alone makes this product worth it. Since you have invested a good amount of money in your CatGenie why not ensure its efficiency.
Some people say you will never know if this really helps unless you go without it and see. I don’t think it’s worth taking the chance. I recommend the product, especially in areas with hard water.