Forever Litter Tray has been designed to help ScoopFree auto litter box’s owners save money on pre-filled disposable trays and also reduce the environmental impact of cardboard trays.
The design of the Forever Litter Tray has been made to fit the ScoopFree Ultra or Original, you just need to slide the tray in, attach the Forever Flap, fill the tray with crystals and you are ready to go.
The tray is one-piece made from tough thick recyclable plastic with anti-microbial properties to reduce stains and odors.
- Made from quality sturdy plastic
- New design fits all ScoopFree units, Ultra and Original
- Reduces environmental impact
- Plastic treated with anti-microbial properties
- Tray won’t leak urine
- No metal parts to rust
- Dimensions: 14-1/2” W x 21-3/4” L
WHAT COMES IN THE BOX
√ Forever Litter Tray
√ Forever Flap
√ Informative flyer
HOW IT WORKS
If you are a ScoopFree owner you know that the unit features a scooping rake that sweeps the clumps into a waste compartment and it works with disposable trays that are pre-filled with blue crystals that absorb urine and dry the waste.
What the Forever Litter Tray does it’s basically replacing the disposable trays with a permanent solution. You only need to buy crystals in bags, fill the tray and you will have the same solution than buying disposable cardboard trays for much less money. So instead of throwing a dirty disposable tray, you need to empty and wash the Forever Tray.
The Forever Tray is easy to use, just slide the tray under the ScoopFree, connect the Forever lip to the plastic cover to seal the waste compartment, then you fill the tray with blue crystals and the unit is ready to work as usual.
You will need to scoop out the waste from the permanent tray and empty it when its time to change the crystals. You may need to scoop out the waste a little sooner than changing the crystals, it’ll depend on how much waste your cat produces or if you have more than one cat.
It requires about 4.5 pounds of crystals to fill the Forever Tray which is approximately the same amount that comes with the ScoopFree disposable trays. If you want this solution to work optimally you must use the proper crystals (the correct size crystals as described under their “Crystal Litter” tab at their website). You can get scented Fresh Steps crystals at your local grocery store or get their pre-measured, unscented Just the Crystals for even better performance, available with free delivery from Amazon.
FOREVER LITTER TRAY VS LITTERWORKS
Made of sturdy, thick plastic
Higher wall of waste compartment
Harder to scoop waste compartment
It uses clips to attach the nose guard
Made from a thinner, less quality plastic.
Lower wall of the waste compartment
Easier to scoop due to lower wall
It uses metal screws to attach the nose guard
HOW TO CLEAN THE FOREVER TRAY
Due to the anti-microbial plastic, if properly emptied out the tray doesn’t need to be washed each time. Every other time or even third time is fine.
To clean the Forever Tray once empty use a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water to remove any urine buildup and odors from the tray. Rinse thoroughly and dry it off before using it again. If you don’t dry the permanent tray, the crystals will soak up the water and they will get ruined.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF FOREVER LITTER TRAY?
- Easy to setup
- Well made of sturdy, durable recyclable plastic
- Plastic with anti-microbial treatment
- It saves money on disposable trays
- It fits snugly the ScoopFree litter box
- Reduces environmental impact
- Excellent customer service
- Emptying the tray to change crystals could be hard on people with backaches or arthritis. However, this system is much easier to empty than the cumbersome cardboard cartridges if you follow the video instructions.
- A fair amount of dust is created when emptying the crystals (If using the proper crystals and following the above video instructions, there is very little dust).
- After some months of use, the plastic tray stars smelling if used with cheap crystals or if not changing the crystals frequently (cleaning the tray properly avoids this also, check “how to clean”)
- The tray gets stained over time, approx. after a year or a little before. To avoid this, wash the tray with vinegar/water solution (read “how to clean”).
- You need to go online to see the instructions at their website.
- Crystals get stuck to the bottom and corners of the tray (see tip #4)
- It’s a bit pricey (less expensive than disposable trays though)
- It’s a good idea to buy a second Forever Tray as a backup to place it right away in the self-cleaning litter box while you empty and wash the dirty one.
- It’s recommendable using “Just the Crystals” because they work perfectly with the tray.
- If you want to avoid a smelly tray or with stains, I recommend the suggestion from the Manufacturer of washing the tray with a white vinegar/water solution as mentioned on “how to clean”.
- To avoid crystals from getting stuck at the bottom of the tray, you need to do the “rake and stir” procedure. With this procedure good quality crystals should last significantly longer and stick to the bottom much less. The “Rake and stir” procedure takes only about 30 seconds per day. Check more details in their website at https://www.foreverlittertrays.com/tipsfaq/
You may think that the Forever Litter Tray is too expensive for a plastic unit but this item has been designed and improved over the past 5 years not only to fit perfectly the ScoopFree automatic litter box but also to integrate greatly its functionality allowing you to save money on pre-filled trays.
Forever Litter Tray is also fairly easy to clean and it doesn’t stain, however, over time the plastic may start showing stains and smell if you don’t apply the correct cleaning method. To avoid this, you need to use the homemade solution recommended by the Manufacturer.
√ I recommend using Forever Tray litter box if you have a ScoopFree automatic litter box and you don’t want to spend money in pre-filled trays with crystals.
x I wouldn’t recommend it if you don’t want to deal with emptying a tray filled with crystals and having to wash it at some point. Also if you don’t want to scoop out waste from a plastic compartment.