PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONThe Northmate Interactive Cat Feeder is a good way to slow down your cat’s eating while stimulating its brain. This is a good solution for cats that eat too fast and then trow up, also suitable for bored indoor cats that need more stimulation.
You can use this toy feeder as a food bowl, by doing this you stimulate your pet’s instincts of working and manipulating things to get its food, just as they would do in the wild.
When you stimulate your pet in a fun way you increase its energy level, making your pet happier.
- Meal time gets fun an a challenging game.
- Stimulates cat’s instincts by allowing them to catch food with their paws.
- Dishwasher safe
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 9.1 x 2.8 inches ; 1.1 pounds
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The cat has to figure out what path to move the treats or kibble through the “fingers” to get them out. By doing this, they have to create a “mental map” which they would do to get their food in the wild. This keeps the cat entertained for about 5, 10 or 15 minutes depending on the cat.
You can find another good example of interactive toy feeder that help cats to create “mental maps” to visualize and work for their food.
- It slows down the cat’s eating and eliminates vomiting problems.
- It stimulates the cat’s brain by enticing it to work for its food. Cats have to visualize a “map” where to move the food between the prongs.
- It allows you to keep your pet entertained longer than with a regular food bowl.
- It is durable
- Dishwasher safe
- No skid control underside the feeder so it could be knocked over by a smart cat (placing it in a non sliding mat can fix this)
- It does not work well for some cats with big paws because the narrow space between the prongs.
This is an excellent cat toy and cat treat feeder that works as advertised. Good strategy for bored indoor cats and also the best toy to slow down cats that eat too fast to end up vomiting the food.
Feeding your cat with this toy right before leaving to work will keep your pet entertained and you can complement the Northmate feeder with other toys as well.
When cats start using this system to eat their energy level increases and they are happier cats.
Some cats take it almost immediately while others take about 2-3 days to get the hang of it.
As a note, prongs on this toy are made with hard plastic so maybe if your cat is not very hungry or determinated it could give up easily. It is a good idea to make sure your cat is hungry before trying this toy feeder.
For all these reasons,
√ I recommend it the Northmate Interactive Slow Pet Feeder:
- For cats that eat too fast and then vomit
- To keep your pet entertained while you are at work
- Indoor bored cats
- Overweight cats by replacing the regular food bowl
x It may not be suitable for:
- Big cats with big paws (some may be clever enough to make it work)