What is a Wi-Fi Litter Box?
A Wi-Fi litter box is an intelligent or smart automatic litter box that you can manage with your smartphone. So a Wi-Fi litter box not only self-cleans, scooping automatically the cat litter box but also allows you to check on it through your mobile device.
The litter box connects to a Wi-Fi home network and to your smartphone so you can manage the device using an App. There are different types of Wi-Fi litter boxes, some of them have more limited features such as notify you only in case your cat’s elimination frequency changes. Other devices allow you to program different settings and even to operate the automatic litter box from the convenience of your smartphone, anytime, anywhere.
What’s The Advantage Of Wi-Fi Litter Boxes?
On average, cats use the litter box approximately 4 times a day. If this routine changes, it may be that your cat is experiencing some health issues. You want to know this information as soon as possible to avoid future problems with your cat’s health.
Also, if you have a cat that suffers from constipation, diarrhea, diabetes, etc. a Wi-Fi litter box is a great help to track your cat’s elimination frequency while your cat is under treatment. You can check your cat’s litter box usage and determine if things are getting better or worse. Some Wi-Fi litter boxes feature sensors and a built-in Wi-Fi processor that registers the cleaning cycles that are completed in 24 hours, sending this report to an App for you to check on your smartphone.
Also, if you are a busy person that forgets about checking on the litter box, you can check your smartphone and know if the litter box needs to be emptied. The automatic litter box takes a certain amount of cleaning cycles to get the waste compartment full. Once the number of cleaning cycles has been reached, the App will indicate that is time to empty the waste compartment.
What Are The Most Common Features Of Smart Litter Boxes?
Some Wi-Fi litter boxes provide a wide variety of options to operate and program the litter box, while other units offer only some basic information. The following are some common features that you will find with smart litter boxes:
- Ability to check the elimination behavior, how many times the cat uses the litter box during the day. It’s usually a daily report with chronological usage of the litter box.
- When to empty the waste compartment. It won’t send you an email or alarm. You simply need to check the App and you will see when it’s time to clean the litter box.
- Indicates if the litter box is not operating. A sensor in the litter box will detect any blockage of the litter box and this information will be sent for you to check on your App.
Why Is the Litter Robot Connect The Best Wi-Fi Litter Box?
Litter Robot Connect is not only the most reliable automatic litter box on the market, with 99% rate of cat adaptability, it’s also the best Wi-Fi litter box because it offers much more features that you can manage through the App. These are some of the many features that this auto litter box offers:
- You can check on your App when it’s time to empty the waste drawer, this way you don’t have to be opening the waste drawer to check if it’s full.
- You can program a “Sleep Mode” which is a schedule for the Wi-Fi litter box to operate. If you don’t want the litter box to self clean at night you can set it on standby for a period of time. For example, you can program the litter box to stop from operating between 11 pm and 7 am. This way your cat will use the litter box at night as any regular litter box. In the morning at the programmed time, the Connect Litter Robot will start rotating, auto cleaning the litter box. You can create and adjust this schedule anytime from your smartphone.
- Ability to adjust the delay time of a cleaning cycle to 3-7 or 15 minutes. Simply tap on the App’s menu and select how many minutes the Connect will wait before rotating to self clean once the cat leaves the litter box.
- You can trigger a cleaning cycle anytime from your smartphone. This is a unique feature, you can tap the option on your phone and the Litter Robot Connect will start a cleaning cycle.
- Getting reports of daily, weekly and monthly litter box usage. The best Wi-Fi litter box provides you with reports in real time and in chronological order every time your cat uses the unit. If you tap on “Insights” and then on “Week” you will see a chart with your cat’s litter box usage during a 7-day period, so you can easily see the cat’s behavior at a glance. For an even better health tracking of your cat’s elimination frequency, you can tap on “Insights” and then “Month” to find a report with the cat’s elimination frequency during a 30-day period. This is great information to provide your Vet if your cat is under treatment.
- You can lockout the control panel of the Wi-Fi litter box from your smartphone. This is so convenient to keep little hands or mischievous paws from doing unwanted changes on the control panel.
- Check the status of the Wi-Fi litter box in real time. This allows you to know if the litter box is working or if it’s blocked. You can monitor the litter box from wherever you are, which gives you peace of mind. The Connect Robot doesn’t really have blockage problems, but it’s still good to know you can monitor the operation of the unit and call someone to check on the machine if needed. If the litter box gets stopped for any reason, a message will pop up on your screen.
I have personally experienced the convenience and peace of mind of having the best Wi-Fi litter box. I travel frequently so the Litter Robot Connect has been a blessing for me. I check my phone and I know my cat is around and OK just by looking at my mobile and knowing my cat has been using the litter box.
If you want to lean more features of the best Wi-Fi litter box visit my personal Connect Litter Robot review where I explain everything about this great invention. It will make your life so much easier, it did it for me and my cat.