The Bergan Petite Gourmet water dispenser with 1-1/2 gallons of water capacity has been designed for small pets. It has a clear container to view levels of contents to know when to fill the unit again.
The water tank has a removable lid that won’t release water until the tank is placed into the base. The wide opening makes cleaning and filling an easy task and the large base helps to prevent pets from tipping it over. The large bowl is designed for large or short-nosed pets and the detachable tower makes it easy to clean the unit.
There are two versions of the Bergan waterer: the Bergan Elite with 3-gallon capacity, suitable for large pets, such as big dogs, and the Bergan Petite with 1.5 gallons capacity for small pets. This review is for the Bergan Petite Gourmet Waterer with 1.5 gallons capacity, suitable for small pets.
- Transparent tank to see the water level
- Easy cleaning with wide opening
- Short wide holding tank makes it easy to fill in the sink.
- Wide bowl suitable for large or short-nosed pets
- The unit has a removable lid that will not release water until locked into the base
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 11.5 x 10.8 inches
HOT TO FILL THE BERGAN PETITE WATERER
- Detach the holding tank from the reservoir.
- Turn the water tank upside down
- Remove the lid and fill the tank with water
- Screw the lid back and make sure the hole is closed.
- Flip the tank filled with water upside down and place it in the reservoir.
- Open the tab on the cover and this way the water will drop into the reservoir.
TIPS GIVEN BY CUSTOMERS
- If you want to keep the water cooler and fresher, put ice cubes in the water container.
- If you live in hot weather make sure to clean the unit every day to prevent mold.
- In average weather, make sure to wash the unit at least twice a week, using some mild detergent or properly diluted bleach.
- Before filling the water tank, make sure the reservoir is in the place where you want it to be because once the tank is locked into the base you won’t easily move it when is full.
- The Bergan Petite waterer makes gurgle noises when the water is dropping so if your cat is nervous this might not be the one for him.
- Wide openings make it easy to clean
- Easy to fill
- A transparent holding tank allows you to see the water level.
- It provides your pet water for several days as it holds 1.5 gallons of water.
- Perfect size for several pets
- The unit cannot be tipped over by the pets
- Screw-on cap with a drainage plug that prevents dripping or spillage after filling it and a tab to open it after the tank is set in place to let the water drop into the reservoir.
- The short wide holding tank is suitable to be filled in the sink.
- A wide reservoir makes it easy for any type of pet to drink from the bowl.
- A large reservoir might be too big for a regular single cat to drink from.
- The lid is very hard to remove from the holding tank as the lid threads are cross threaded onto the bottle and the holding tank is very hard to remove from the base as well.
- The large bowl might accumulate hair, food, dust, or slime if left for several days without washing it.
- If the weather is hot bacteria can grow within a few days in the water tank.
- Heavy to carry when filled with water.
- Some parts of the unit are rough on the edges and could be sharp.
- The holding tank is made of thin plastic.
The Bergan Petite Gourmet water dispenser is an OK solution for the price. It does the job of supplying water to your pets. This unit is suitable for households with several cats (more than 2 cats) or dogs and cats that drink lots of water so this way the unit stays dripping freshwater permanently. This way, you avoid mold formation in the holding tank as well because you have to fill it daily and can wash it then.
This water dispenser requires maintenance often in the sense of washing it so it might not be good to leave it alone for several days (because cats are very clean animals and they won’t drink water from a dirty bowl).
The Petit Gourmet Waterer saves you the task of pouring water several times a day to multiple pets and instead, you can supply water to your pets for one or two days with no problem. For these reasons,
I recommend the Bergan Petite Gourmet waterer:
- For households with several pets: cats, dogs, etc. that drink lots of water.
- If you want to jump from pouring water several times a day for multiple pets to only fill the Petit Gourmet waterer once a day or every other day and supply water to all your pets at once.
x I don’t recommend the unit:
- If you only have one or two cats.
- Pets that don’t drink very much water.
- Not for people with disabilities, or old people.
- To be used for more than two days as the bowl gets dirty and cats don’t drink from a dirty bowl.
Mary Wilson says
can you purchase just the cap – we have the whole unit but need a new cap
Lorena Ávila says
Hello Mary, the cap can’t be purchased separately.
Diana Coultas says
My water container has a small crack. I’ve had the waterer for about five years. Can I buy just the water container part?
Lorena Ávila says
Hello, Diana, I don’t believe you can. They don’t offer replacement parts as far as I know. Thanks for visiting!