PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Dispenser Review
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Water and Food Station is a cat water dispenser that auto refills the water bowl through a gravity system. The Petsafe Healthy Pet features a unique removable stainless steel bowl that is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. This stainless steel bowl is suitable for cats with chin acne caused by allergy to plastic.
You can sanitize the stainless steel bowl with high temperatures to prevent it from forming micro-organisms and bacteria. This is a huge difference from other plastic units that warp if put in the dishwasher.
Petsafe Healthy Pet Water features a flow-control valve inside the unit that fills the bowl as your cat drinks the water. You can use the optional filter that is sold separately. The filter removes chlorine, sediments, and odor from the tap water.
If you want to get a nice feeding station for your cat, the Petsafe Healthy Pet Feeder matches the Petsafe pet water dispenser beautifully. They look the same.
- Removable, stainless steel bowl.
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe.
- With water Flow-Control Valve system that prevents water from spilling during refilling and carrying.
- Automatically dispenses water from the reservoir when attached to the base.
- BPA free plastic.
- With optional purifying activated carbon filter (sold separately)
- Durable plastic lock-in reservoir.
- It comes in small, medium and large size for different pet’s needs.
- For indoor use only.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station works with gravity system and a flow-control valve inside that fills the bowls as your cat drinks the water and also prevents from spilling when filling or carrying the unit. The valve system works when the reservoir is attached to the base of the unit.
To fill this unit you have to do it from the bottom as the top does not have an opening to fill the reservoir.
Once you fill the unit with water and put it upside down its control-valve system stop the water from falling out the reservoir. As soon as you lock the reservoir to the base the spring mechanism starts working. This means that even if your cat tip the unit over (this would be highly unlikely as the waterer is very sturdy) the water won’t come out.
PETSAFE HEALTHY PET WATER STATION SIZES AND CAPACITIES
|Size||Dimensions (inches)||Water Capacity||Calculate Refill Time: Pet Weight|
|10-pound cat/dog||50-pound dog||100-pound dog|
|Small||9.8 x 6.5 x 10.5||0.5 gallon (2 L)||Refill every 6 days||Refill every day||Refill every day|
|Medium||11.7 x 7.7 x 13.8||1 gallon (4 L)||Refill every 12 days||Refill every 2 days||Refill every day|
|Large||15.8 x 10.3 x 19||2.5 gallons (9.5 L)||Refill every 31 days||Refill every 5 days||Refill every 2 days|
THE PETSAFE HEALTHY PET WATER DISPENSER WORKS EVEN FOR RABBITS!
TIP & TRICKS
- It’s a good idea to wash the bowl every time you fill the reservoir as well as the water bottle. In order wash the unit you can fully disassemble it into 5 parts that are dishwasher safe.
- The unit is durable, with high quality
- Very easy to clean and setup
- The base is stable, hard to tip over when full of water
- Made with BPA-free plastic.
- Stainless steel removable food bowl, good for cats with allergies.
- With spring-loaded fill feature that allows you fill the fountain from the bottom, then flip it with no water spillage.
- Parts have no rough edges and they fit together smoothly.
- The fountain can be used with or without the activated carbon filter.
- With handles at the top to carry the reservoir.
- Easy to fill and place in the base.
- Not AC power plugs or batteries needed
- The system does not dispense properly when water is about 15-20% left.
- You can’t fill the unit from the top.
- Large size fountains are heavy to carry and flip when filled with water.
- Large size units might be hard to fill them in regular sinks.
- The filter has to be purchased separately.
- Cats cannot see the water level when drinking due to the mirror effect of the stainless steel bowl.
PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station works as described, although the pictures of the unit could be misleading, due to the lip on the top. This lid is only for decor purpose and you cannot fill the fountain from the top. All in all, the PetSafe Healthy cat water dispenser works well providing your cat a fresh source of water. If you use the filter you can get rid of plastic smell in the water for your cat to drink odorless and fresh water.
√ I recommend this water dispenser especially:
- Large size, for multiple pets that consume water fast
- Using the small size for one cat.
- For cats with chin allergy to plastic.
- Good if going on a trip for some days.
X I don’t recommend this unit:
- For cats that drink only running water
- Not recommended for disabled people or people with hand aches because it may be too heavy for them to flip the unit full of water.