I have done many reviews of litter box concealers. Most of them resemble a piece of furniture, though without the same quality of a house furniture and certainly not as tall. They are not easy to move around and some units are heavy or cumbersome to lift.
That’s why I decided to make a review of Pet Gear Pro Pawty litter box enclosure. It’s a practical litter box cover that is lightweight and functional.
Key features of Pet Gear Pro Pawty
- Functional litter box concealer
- It covers the litter spillage outside the litter box
- Maze like layout steers the cat to walk over the LittertraX mat to exit, removing excess litter from the cat’s paws.
- Litter mat is water resistant
- Inner fabric coating for easy cleaning
- Accommodates litter boxes up to 25”L x 15”W x 25.5” H
- Includes: Pet Gear Pro Pawty for Cats and LittertraX Mat
- Product dimension: 26 x 26 x 25.5 inches
- Entry door dimensions: 7.5” W x 10” H
- It comes in colors: Espresso and Soft Charcoal
Construction & Design of Pet Gear Pro Pawty
Pro Pet Gear Pro Pawty is like a square shaped tent that encloses the litter box. This cover is made of heavy canvas-like fabric supported by a metal inner frame. It comes with a special litter mat (LittertraX) that features a twisting vinyl texture on top that effectively traps the cat litter. You don’t need tools to assemble this enclosure.
The Pro Pawty sits on top of the LittertraX litter mat so the bottom is not attached to the cover. The enclosure features a front zippered opening so you can unzip to scoop the litter box easily. You can also lift the cover to clean the litter box if preferred. The Pro Pawty also features a mesh window on top for ventilation, to allow light in, and for your cat to have some visibility of the outside.
How the Pet Gear Pro Pawty works
The Pro Pawty features an inside wall that divides the interior in two compartments: the litter box area and a small corridor where the cat will walk to enter and exit the enclosure. So after the cat uses the litter box this inner wall will direct the cat to walk along the small corridor, getting the excess of litter removed from its paws with the special litter mat. This way the cat will exit the enclosure without creating litter tracking outside the unit, the litter will stay inside the enclosure so you won’t need to clean as often.
You can use the Pro Pawty without the inside wall if you prefer. Even though this enclosure is not heavy, it’s very firm. A cat would need to play very hard to move it.
How to clean it
Lift the enclosure. To clean the LittertraX mat just shake it off or vacuum clean. If the mat has been littered, you cat hose it off thoroughly. To clean the inside of the cover, take a damp cloth and spot clean. The inner fabric has a coating that makes it easy to spot clean.
- Practical and nice looking litter box concealer
- Easy to assemble, no tools needed
- Easy to access the litter box by unzipping the front opening or lifting the enclosure.
- Enclosure hides the litter spillage out of the litter box, no dirty litter mats in the view.
- Reduces almost all litter tracking in the house
- Accommodates large (L) size litter boxes
- Easy for the cat to use
- Can be used for multiple cats
- Provides cats privacy
- Mesh window provides ventilation, allows light in, and the cat can see out of the unit.
- Special inner fabric coating makes it easy to wipe down clean when needed.
- The cover can be easily folded for storage.
- Small cats can jump and sit on top of the cover without collapsing the structure.
- Suitable for all life stages.
- Large footprint
- It doesn’t accommodate jumbo (XL) size litter boxes.
- If a large cat jumps on top, it weighs down
- It doesn’t stop dogs from entering the litter box
- Not suitable to use outdoors.
- It doesn’t have a hanger to hang the scoop
- Enclosure just sits on the litter mat, is not attached, leaving a tiny gap in between the frame and the mat.
- It’s hard to get the litter off the mat.
- The bottom material is water-resistant but it is recommended to place a puppy potty training pad if your cat occasionally urinates outside the litter box.
- Pro Pawty doesn’t accommodate the LitterMaid automatic litter box in case you have this unit.
Pet Gear Pro Pawty litter box enclosure looks nice and provides a functional and simple solution to conceal the litter box. You won’t need with to deal with tools to assemble wooden panels that are hard to align and put together which is the case of several furniture-type litter box enclosures.
Also, this cover is lightweight but with strong metal frames, which allows you to lift or move this unit easily. This enclosure is firm enough that won’t collapse in case a small cat jumps on top of it.
Consider that if you have a cat that urinates outside the litter box or it has litter box accidents often, this may not be your solution. Though, it will work if you use a large puppy potty training pad under the litter box.
I recommend the Pet Gear Pro Pawty for:
- All cats ages
- Adult cats up to 14 lbs
This option may not work as well for:
- Cats that urinate outside the litter box
- Large cats that will jump on top of it
- Small apartments
- Automatic litter boxes