Catit Fresh & Clean Water Fountain for cats with a food bowl is a complete water station that allows your cat to drink fresh and clean water in movement. With the re-circulation water exposing it to oxygen provides fresh-tasting and cool filtered water for your pet.
This pet fountain has multi-surface drinking areas for your cat to drink from (similar to the Drinkwell Multi-tier pet fountain). Some pets prefer to drink directly from the bowl while others only from the water in movement, in this case from the water running down the dome. The water capacity of the unit is 100 Oz.
The Catit Water Fountain is safe, with a low voltage system (12 Volts), and is energy efficient, consuming less than 4 watts. The unit is suitable also for multiple cats and includes a food dish as a bonus. Purifying filters and matching placemats are sold separately.
- It gives a continuous supply of fresh and clean water for your cat.
- Large surface areas add oxygen for tastier and fresher water.
- With a purifying filter that collects food, hair, and debris.
- The filter also helps reduce bad taste, and odor and absorbs impurities present in tap water.
- Filters are replaceable.
- With a detachable AC adapter and convenient dome handle.
- Safe protective plastic cord. It prevents cord contact with water and keeps cats from chewing the cord.
- Dimensions: 11 x 16 x 8 inches
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
Tips to take care of the Catit Fresh & Clean Fountain
- To wash the fountain disassemble the unit and set the dishwasher on economy dry (no heat). Have the caution to remove the small O-ring from the dome. It is easy to lose it.
- It’s very important to clean the pump as it gets dirty with hair, food, and all kind of dirt in it. The pump will last longer if you clean it often. Plus, the pump is magnetically driven and it will stop working if is blocked with dirt.
- Change the filters every three weeks or they will overflow.
- It’s a good idea to buy a special cleaning kit to make the task easier.
- The motor is completely detachable. You can gently remove the front using a screwdriver, take out the magnetic rotating wheel, and clean the inside with a Q tip and the unit will be working as brand new.
- Make sure to keep the reservoir (dome) fully covered with water. The water level has to be about 1/3″ from the top edge, this way it will work perfectly.
- Make sure to purchase a pack of filters as a backup.
- If the Catit Fresh & Clean water fountain makes noise, it’s only because the water level is low or the pump is clogged and needs to be cleaned.
- Easy to assemble
- High-quality unit
- A charcoal filter keeps the water clean and fresh.
- It comes with an additional bowl that can be used for food or as an additional water bowl for a second cat.
- Cats seem to adopt this water fountain easily and they love it.
- It’s quiet if you keep it full of water.
- It provides your cat with a permanent fresh source of moving water to drink from.
- All in one concept easy to place in the “cat corner”
- Parts can be replaced
- It’s suitable for more than one cat.
- The re-circulation of water exposing it to oxygen helps keep the water fresh and cool.
- Practical design where the water is filtered before getting into the pump not after it’s pumped.
- The instruction booklet is clear and straightforward.
- The unit is a little hard to clean and refill
- It gets dirty quickly. It has to be cleaned very often to avoid slime formation in the bowl.
- It might stop working if you don’t properly clean the pump as it gets clogged with fur and dust.
- Filters have to be changed often.
- It takes some time to get the dome covered entirely by water.
With Catit Fresh & Clear Water Fountain one thing is certain, your cat will love it, but maybe you won’t love this fountain as much. This is why your cat will love it:
The Catit is a great automatic water dispenser because your cat will love drinking water from it, which is excellent if your pet has urinated conditions and does not drink enough water from the water bowl. It’s good for multi-cat households as well because some cats drink from the bowls as others from the dome. Also, the design of this fountain is good for cats that like to lick water from surfaces and for cats that prefer drinking from the bowl.
And this is why you may not love this fountain so much:
The downfall of the Catit Fresh & Clean Water Fountain is that it needs high maintenance and that’s why you may not love the fountain after a while. You have to wipe clean it often and change the filter. Every month you have to disassemble the whole unit to clean it deeply so the fountain keeps working perfectly for your cat to have fresh and clean water at all times. The instructions can guide you on how to disassemble the unit. The water refilling does not seem to be a breeze either. For these reasons:
√ I recommend the Catit Fresh & Clean Water Fountain:
- To cats with urinating problems who need to drink more water and are reluctant to drink from bowls.
- If you want a water fountain that your cat will love and will happily drink from it, despite the maintenance tasks (refilling and cleaning)
- For cats that like to drink water in movement but get scared by big water streams (this Catit fountain has a soft small stream around the dome).
x I don’t recommend the Catit Water Fountain:
- If you are lazy to clean and maintain your cat’s water fountain.
- To cat owners with mobility problems, arthritis, etc.
- If you don’t have much time or patience.
Leave a Reply