I decided to make a review of the MOSPRO Automatic Pet Water Fountain due to its beautiful, simple design and reasonable price. The fountain features adjustable flow settings that you can change by removing the flower and putting on the normal spout, or just leaving the fountain with no flower or spout for a gentle bubbling flow.
The fountain uses activated carbon filter cotton that removes hair and debris, providing your cat a source of fresh odorless and tasty water. MOSPRO is rated in Amazon as one of best cat water fountains.
- Large capacity (2L/67.6 Oz)
- Less refilling
- Easy to clean
- Easy to disassemble
- Made of BPA-free polished antibacterial PP resin
- PP resin is food-grade certificated
- Low power consumption 2.5W AC12V
- 3 water flow settings: flower waterfall, flower bubble and gentle mode.
- Design provides more oxygen to the water
- Colors: Blue/White, Green
- Dimensions: 7” x 7” square; 5” high
- Fountain weight: 1.25 pounds
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- One-year warranty
What comes in the box
- Fountain bucket
- Bottom lid
- Top lid
- Normal spout
- 2 x Activated carbon filters
- Water pump
- AC adapter
- Sponge plug
- User Manual
How it works
The fountain features a submersible pump that pumps the water to get filtered by the activated carbon filter before going up to the surface. Inside the fountain there is a spot with small prongs where the pump gets inserted. On the back of the fountain there is a tube that holds the pump cord and that is tightened with a dense sponge stopper that goes in the tube. Also, there’s a water full indicator on the tube. The fountain features two lids, the first one is larger and goes on top of the fountain holding the filter. The second lid is smaller and goes on top of the filter and sits on the first larger lid. The flower creates small streams for your cat to drink from. The fountain has 3 flow settings:
1. Flower waterfall: the flower creates 6 small streams, suitable for mild cats that drink water slowly.
2. Waterfall and fountain: Faucet-like flow with bubbly flowing surface, suitable for audacious cats don’t mind a faster bubbling flow.
3. Fountain: Gentle bubbly flowing surface, suitable for cats that like to drink without streams.
Cleaning the fountain is extremely easy, just remove the flower, the top lid, the filter, the bottom, the pump and that’s all. There 5 pieces you need to take apart in total. The lids and bucket are very easy to clean with no nooks or crannies that are hard to reach and clean. Wash the parts by hand with mild soap and lukewarm water. It is not recommended to put the fountain in the dishwasher.
Pros & Cons of MOSPRO pet water fountain
- Easy to set up
- Easy to clean
- Cute design
- Simple to refill
- Quiet (it gets noisy only if the fountain is half full)
- It really entices cats to drink more
- Three flow settings to adjust to your cat preference
- Made of thick, rigid BPA-free PP resin material
- Good water capacity (2L)
- It’s just big enough to fit anywhere
- Fountains goes about 3-4 days without refilling
- Good for multiple cats
- Good price
- You can’t see how much water is in the reservoir without taking the top off
- The pump doesn’t reach the claimed 10,000 hours lifespan.
- It doesn’t seem that there are pumps available as a spare (you can find alternatives in Ebay)
- It is smaller than it looks in the picture (check dimensions)
- The fountain is quieter without the flower and when it is full of water.
- It is not recommended to put the fountain in the dishwasher because, even though the material is thick, the heat & drying process could damage or warp the bowl.
- You can reuse the filter, just wash it & rinse it thoroughly, then dry it in the sun before reuse.
Mospro pet fountain is very simple to set up, disassemble and clean. Also, it lasts at least 3 to 4 days without the need of refilling. The fountain really encourages cats to drink more and you can adjust the stream according to your cat’s preference. The fountain has a good price, but the pump may need to be replaced sooner than you expect with some alternative since the manufacturer doesn’t offer pumps as a spare.
I recommend this water fountain due to its functionality, simplicity and effectiveness. However, I wouldn’t suggest it if you don’t want to replace the pump with an alternative or replace the fountain before a year of use.