Feline Furniture Outdoor Feeding Station protects your outdoor or feral cat and its food from the elements, providing a refuge for the feline to make him/her feel safe when eating.
The unit features two openings that work as a entrance or exit, allowing the cat to escape from any end if needed, this way the feline is never trapped.
The feeding station can be used to complement the Feline Furniture Shelter which is a little cat house, also green.
The outdoor station comes with two extra plastic pieces to add in the openings for extra protection.
Feline Furniture feeding station features legs that keep the feeder off the ground by 2”. Legs are made from lodge pole pine logs.
- Feral cat feeding station, keeping the food dry
- Two openings on both ends facilitate escape for cats if needed.
- Place the food in the center of the feeding station to keep it dry
- The feeding station design allows cats to eat from either opening
- Dimensions: 24” Long x 13.5” High
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Made in the USA
The unit is made from a wooden base with 1”x2” pine feet to keep the base off the ground. The top part is a green plastic piece that covers the food protecting it from the elements. This top piece is not a thick panel, is a thin piece of plastic that protects the food from mild weather if exposed to the outside. The unit works better if placed under protected outdoor areas.
It comes with 2 pieces of plastic that you need to roll and place on the ends of the unit. They are meant to over-hang the entrances to give the food extra protection from the weather and adding more room for the cat. The use of these pieces is optional.
- It protects the food from rain and humidity, keeping it dry.
- The feeding station has openings in both ends allowing cats to escape if needed.
- The cat can eat from either opening, placing the food in the middle.
- Base is sturdy and it elevates the food 2” off the ground.
- Nice design.
- The roof piece is thin and flimsy, it does not hold up heavy snow.
- The unit is lightweight so it needs to be protected from windy areas.
- It does not come with instructions
- It’s meant to be used for food protection, not as a cat shelter (it’s not large enough to protect the food and the cat inside).
- Not tall enough for some bigger cats.
- Make sure to place the feeding station under roof eves or other protected areas not totally exposed to the wind, snow or heavy rains.
- To make the feeding area larger and more comfortable for your cat, you can clip a heavy plastic sheet to the top of one side.
- You can apply water seal to the wood base to extend its life and reduce wood swelling.
- If your area has heavy winds, you can brace the unit with rocks to keep it in place.
Feline Furniture Outdoor Feeding Station is designed to give feral cats an enclosed area where to keep their food dry. It is not meant to be used as a mini shelter where the cat can eat inside this unit, the food bowl is supposed to be placed in the middle of the feeding station so the cat can eat from either side.
If you want to keep a feral cat food dry, this is your option. If you want to give a refuge to a feral cat from the weather, you can get another alternative designed for this purpose, such as the Feline Furniture Heated Feral Cat House.
The feeding station is not designed for extreme conditions such as heavy snow, rain or wind. The unit needs to be placed in relatively protected areas such as rood eves or against some wall to protect it from the wind since the unit is lighweight.
The feeding station seems a little overpriced according to customers reviews.
√ Feline Furniture Outdoor feeding station is suitable:
- If you only want to keep a feral cat’s food dry
- If you place the unit in areas protected from heavy wind, snow or rain (under roof eve, under a thick tree, against a wall, etc)
- If you are not handy enough to do it yourself
x This feeding station is not suitable:
- If you want the feral cat and the food bowl to fit inside this unit.
- If you want to place the feeding station in the opening, with no protection.
- If you want a the feeding station with a sturdy roof, made from strong material.