The Cat Mate C20 is a good solution to feed your cat moist and dry food. This automatic flip-lid type feeder is suitable to be used during the day if your pet eats 2 times a day and over the weekend if your cat eats once a day. Here you will find a full review with all the information you need to decide if this automatic feeder is suitable for your needs.
Cat Mate C20 Description
Automatic feeder Cat Mate C20 is designed to feed one or two cats at the same time. It has two compartments where food is kept fresh by ice packs underneath trays.
It works with analog timer on each lid to open at the set time, up to 48 hours later. You can fill each tray up to one pound of moist food (450 g).
- Two compartments to feed one or two cats.
- Easy to program and operate
- It comes with ice packs to keep the food fresh.
- Up to 48 hours length feeding cycle.
- Requires 1 x AA/LR6 battery (not included).
- Dimensions are 3.8 x 16.2 x 13.8 inches; 2 pounds.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Cat Mate C20?
- Capability to dispense cycles up to 48 hours.
- Designed with good quality materials.
- Simple design makes it easy to program and operate.
- Double compartment allows feeding your cat moist and dry food.
- The two trays give you the option to feed two cats with two meals if they eat together from the same tray.
- Ice packs keep moist food fresh.
- Battery’s compartment lacks tape to protect them from falling out.
- Trays can be pulled off by very smart cats.
- Analog timer is not accurate.
- Feeder doesn’t have a battery’s life indicator
- Some customers complain that the timer does not work.
Tips given by customers to use the feeder:
- If you buy this feeder make sure to purchase extra ice packs and trays to backup next day.
- Tape the battery compartment to protect it (as shown in the picture).
- Get a battery tester to make sure the feeder won’t stop working.
- If your cat is very obsessed with food to avoid your cat to tip the feeder over you may want to attach the feeder to a wooden board.
Conclusion: In general, this is a good concept of automatic feeder, easy to program and operate. I recommend it mainly for docile cats (cats that don’t try to break into devices when it comes to get food). Read the note about this product below:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Keep in mind that 64% of customers are satisfied with the feeder, 12% are not very satisfied and 24% are very unsatisfied. The 24% of very unsatisfied customers complain that the feeder does not last very long (the motor just stops working) and that the timer is not accurate. So, according to Pros, Cons and considering the 100% of customer reviews;
√ I recommend the Cat Mat C20, especially:
- If your cat is not obsessed with food.
- If you feed your cat moist or dry food.
- To use it within a day if your pet eats twice a day.
- To use it over weekends if your cat eats once a day.
√ I recommend this feeder for two cats with these conditions:
- If your cats can eat together from the same tray and if you feed your pets twice a day. This way, this feeder is a solution to feed two cats.
- If you want to use it in a different way, for example, leaving one compartment for each cat, they won’t open at exact same time; one cat will be looking at how its “buddy” is eating.
- If you want to buy two feeders to resolve this, they won’t still open at the same time, because analog timers are not 100% accurate as digital times.
Χ Cat Mate C20 might not be suitable:
- For determined cats to get extra food or too smart cats because they will try to break into this unit to defeat it, unless you protect the timers and you attach the device to a wooden board.
- For two cats that compete for food because they won’t be able to eat from the same slot.
- If you feed your pet 3 times by day.
- To be used for more than 2 days while away from home.
- If you want a very accurate timer (timer is not digital).
- If you want a build-to-last unit.