Cat Food Dispensers Reviews 2013
Cat food dispensers are a great solution to feed your cat when you are away from home but to buy one can be confusing. Don’t worry, here you will find a very complete selection of the most popular cat food dispensers with pros and cons and very objective analysis of each one of them. Our ultimate goal is to help you decide the most suitable solution for you and your pet.
Before reading the reviews:
- It’s important to mention that in most cases, people have to adjust the portions of meals through the trial-and-error method when buying an automatic feeder first time.
- Cats are very unique and versatile animals and the reaction your pet has to any of these devices is unpredictable. However, these reviews will give you a good idea of what to expect and what works better for each type of cat.
For full review with Pros and Cons, click the link of your preference:
The CSF-3 Super Feeder is one of the best and most reliable automatic cat feeders in the market. The best performance and accuracy is guaranteed if you feed your pet with round/spherical small size pellets (1/4″ diameter), but also works with bigger pellet size, up to 1/2″ diameter. The digital timer along with a very dependable feeder allow you to be away from home for several days.
This food dispenser is great for any type of cat and especially for:
- Cats in a weight control program or with diabetes.
- Cats that eat too fast (by capacity to be set to dispense a few kibble at a time throughout the day)
- Smart cats obsessed with food
- Feeding two cats
- If your pet is allergic to plastic (you can adapt this feeder to use it with stainless steel bowl).
- Long period of time away from home (could even be used with home automation system or/and web based system). FULL REVIEW
This is the CSF-3 Super Feeder that comes in a combo with a 24 cups capacity hopper and analog timer. You can find the same combo version of the Super Feeder with digital timer. The CSF-3XL combo is an excellent and dependable automatic feeder if you have to be away from home for several days.
The performance of this unit is guaranteed with round/spherical small size pellet 1/4″ diameter. The unit also works with bigger pellet sizes, up to 1/2″ diameter. This combo is especially recommendable for:
- Cats under a weight control program
- If your cat has diabetes
- Cats that eat too fast (by setting it to dispense a few pellets at a time throughout the day)
- Wild cats obsessed with food
- Feeding two cats.
- If your pet is allergic to plastic (you can adapt this feeder to use it with stainless steel bowl).
- When you have to be away from home for several days (can be used with home automation system or/and web based system).FULL REVIEW
Wireless Whiskers automatic pet feeder gives you a real solution to your multi-pet feeding problems. This feeder works with a wireless tag that is attached to your cat’s collar and it activates the feeder to open when a daily portion is available in your pet’s diet.
This intelligent automatic feeder has the ability to measure, set and control the daily food intake for one, two or more cats or dogs (up to 8 pets), effectively and individually. It feeds all your pets keeping each one away from each other’s food. A special feature shows you a light to warn if your cat is eating too little (possible sign of illness).
I recommend this automatic feeder for any cat, and especially:
- If your cat eats too fast (by setting Portion Control which shuts down compartments if your cat eats too fast, this is the best solution for this issue)
- If you want feed more than one cat, controlling the intake of each other.
- If you want to stop your chubby cat from stealing the food of the other cat.
- If you have a dog and a cat and want to stop them from eating each other’s food.
- If you need to put your cat (or cats) on a loss weight diet. FULL REVIEW
4. PET FEEDSTER AUTOMATIC PET FEEDER ★★★★★
The Pet Feedster is a very good automatic pet feeder that allows you to feed your cat up to 5 times by day and you can set different portions of food to be dispensed at a time. Each portion can be setup from one tablespoon up to 6 cups of kibbles. For example, if you want your pet to eat 4 times a day and the strongest meal to be dispensed in the morning with half cup of dry food and then one tablespoon each meal (the following 3 meals) you can do that with this automatic feeder.
This automatic feeder is suitable for:
- Cats that are on a diet
- Cats that need to eat several times a day, up to 5 times
- If you want to feed your cat with different amounts of food, from few kibbles to big amounts of food at a time
- If your cat is obsessed with food
- If you want to feed 2 cats that can eat together
- If you want a feeder that can performance with AC adapter and batteries at the same time. FULL REVIEW
Crown Majestic is a pet feeder that allows you to feed your cat and at the same time to supply a water station system, attached to the feeder . This automatic pet feeder is suitable for dogs and cats and has a maximum capacity of 4.4 Lbs of dry food with the extended transparent container. The feeder has a special voice recording system so you can call your pet to eat when you are not home.
In order to assemble the unit, you don’t need to use tools. This automatic pet feeder works with or without the water disposal system.
This automatic feeder is recommended for:
- Smart cats obsessed with food.
- Cats on a diet if they eat 2 times a day, every 12 hours.
- Feeding two cats if they eat 4 times a day, every 6 hours. FULL REVIEW.
Even though this ball toy food dispenser is not an automatic solution, I recommend it with no reserves for cats that eat any size of food (you can adjust the holes on it). It is a very good toy to re-educate your cat if your pet shows bad eating behavior, for example, eating too fast and stealing your other pet’s food. It is also perfect to keep your indoor cat active. This toy feeder is especially for cats that:
- Are overweight and need to exercise
- Have anxiety
- Show bad eating behaviors
- Eat too fast
- Steal other pet’s food. FULL REVIEW
This cat food dispenser has a gravity food system and also a dishwasher safe removable stainless steel bowl. This unit is a good solution if you want to forget about pouring food every day to your cat’s bowl.
This feeder is recommendable to be used under these conditions:
- If you don’t have your cat on a diet.
- If your cat is well disciplined with food.
- If you want to feed several cats.
- If your pet is allergic to plastic (and you fit all the conditions above). FULL REVIEW
This automatic feeder serves up to 5 meals by day. The first tray has a cover to protect the food and it is served at present time.
This is a unique device because it is a dish feeder with digital timer, which gives you accuracy in times. The digital timer allows you to set feeding schedule with one hour between each meal.
This feeder is ideal for any type of cat and especially for:
- To use it during the day if your cat eats 3 or more times a day.
- To use it for multiple days with 1 or 2 meals by day.
- For diabetic cats. FULL REVIEW
These feeder and waterer are very sturdy units which is good because they offer good stability. The Bergan Petite feeder works through gravity, which means it does not work with timers so you cannot set a feeding schedule for your pet. This feeder+waterer combo is ideal for:
- Feeding and supplying water to two cats.
- To be used indoors, not exposing the feeder and waterer to external elements.
- For cats that don’t have feeding schedule.
- If you don’t have your cat on a diet, you just want to eliminate the task of pouring food every day to a feeder. FULL REVIEW
10. CAT MATE C10 AUTOMATIC CAT FEEDER ★★★★
The Cat Mate C10 is an automatic pet feeder with a very simple concept that allows you to feed your cat one meal at a selected time. It works with an analog timer and the meal can be programmed within a 24 hours period.
- This automatic feeder is perfect for:
- Docile cats that won’t try to break into the unit.
- Pets with specific regular meal in a diet.
- As a complement to other automatic feeding systems.
- Feed 2 cats one meal if they can eat together. FULL REVIEW
11. CAT MATE C20 AUTOMATIC PET FEEDER ★★★★
Automatic cat feeder designed to feed one or two pets when you are away from home for some days. This food dispenser has two compartments where food is kept fresh by ice packs located underneath of the trays. I recommend this feeder for:
- Feeding a docile cat (not obsessed with food)
- Feeding two cats with two meals by day if they can eat together from the same tray.
- Feeding your pet moist and dry food. FULL REVIEW
12. ERGO AUTO PET FEEDER ★★★
This automatic pet feeder comes in small, medium and large size for different sized pets and pellets. The Ergo Auto Pet feeder allows you to feed your cat up to 8 times by day, each meal can be set with its own measurement (e.g. big breakfast and small dinner). With its digital timer, you can program each meal to go from a few kibbles (5 or 6 kibbles) up to cups of dry food at a time. This automatic feeder is recommendable if you want to:
- Feed your cat several times a day (up to 8).
- Feed your pet a different portion for each meal (for example, big breakfasts and small dinners).
- Customize a feeding schedule for your cat (e.g. feeder releasing food only on the weekends).
- Feeding multi-cat households
- Put your cat on a diet. FULL REVIEW
This automatic food dispenser can be set to dispense up to 3 meals by day with a minimum of ¼ cup of dry food and up to 3 cups at a time. The programming is simple through the large LCD panel where you choose amounts of food to be dispensed and times according to your cat needs.
It is easy to assemble, putting together basically 3 pieces and ready to go.
I recommend this cat food dispenser for cats that:
- Are not overweight
- Are docile, not obsessed with food or determined to get extra food from the hopper.
- Feeding two cats. FULL REVIEW
This automatic feeder allows you to feed your pet if you are home or leave the backup setting when you are away. This unit works just with batteries. I recommend this food dispenser, especially:
- For cats that eat 1/2″ diameter size pellet food. This feeder is accurate in dispensing food, if using the appropriate pellet’s size.
- If your pet is used to a feeding schedule up to 3 times by day. FULL REVIEW
This cat food dispenser is a programmable feeder which dispenses food portions up to 3 times per day. The portion range is from ¼ to 3 cups per serving, so you can set small amounts of food at a time and also bigger portions. If you get this feeder, use it under these conditions:
- If you don’t have a feeding schedule for your pet.
- If your cat is not overweight.
- If you don’t mind your cat reaching extra food from the nozzle. FULL REVIEW
Lentek 6-day automatic feeder dish is designed for your pet to get six meals when you are not home, one of them served at present time. This unit has 6 slots and each one holds 2/3 cup of dry food or 5-1/2 Oz. of wet food. This feeder has to be used under these conditions:
- If you are willing to set the feeder with a minimum of 6 hours in advance of feeding time (it doesn’t have clock as just works with intervals).
- If you don’t want to use it for long periods away from home.
- If your cat is docile, not a smart “locksmith” type pet. FULL REVIEW
This food dispenser has a pet proof lock on the lid that protects the food from your cat, especially if your pet is always trying to get extra food. You can also record a customized personal message for your pet to call it when eating time comes.
This food dispenser has also an alarm that sounds when feeding schedule expires. It has a LCD clock easy to read, microphone built-in, speaker and indicator when battery is low. This feeder could work only if :
- You use at least ½” diameter size pellet food.
- You don’t mind re-programming the feeder every time you turn it off. FULL REVIEW
18. 6-MEAL LCD AUTOMATIC CAT FEEDER ★★★
This dish food dispenser has microphone, speaker and low battery indicator that allows you to make sure your feeder will work. It has programmable feeding sequences up to 6 meals by day.
You can record a personal message calling your pet to eat and if your cat is food driven, a new design lid lock keeps the food safe.
This dish feeder is special for:
- Feeding a docile cat
- Feeding your pet moist and dry food
- Feeding your diabetic cat.
- Feeding a cat on a diet. FULL REVIEW
The automatic dish feeder serves up to 5 meals with a rotating lid system and 5 slots where you can put moist or dry food.
The Cat Mate C50 works with analog timer and you can setup feeding times with a minimum of 4 hours between each meal, with 90-hours total range meal time program. FULL REVIEW.
20. PETMATE INFINITY CAT FEEDER ★★★
This cat food dispenser is programmable to dispense 1, 2 or 3 meals per day. You can customize the feeding schedule according to your needs, programming, for example, the time for your cat to get breakfast, lunch and dinner .
The Petmate Infinity dispenses from ¼ cup to 2 cups of dry food at a time.
The hopper has a large capacity of 5 lb of dry food. The bowl is removable and dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning. FULL REVIEW.
This website was created to help you on the adventure of feeding automatically your loved pet. We hope our content has been useful for you and if this is the case, we are very happy to have accomplished our goal!
We are growing in our reviews spectrum and now with information about other pet products such as litter boxes and cat food.
We will make much more reviews in the near future to help you decide what is the best for your pet in different products.
Comments or suggestions are very welcome!