Litter Spinner Litter Box is a manual spinning cleaning litter box system that collects the waste by rotating the unit and sifting the litter through an internal tray-grate to separate waste from clean litter.
With this system you don’t have to scoop the litter box anymore.
The Litter Spinner provides cats a covered and private area to do their “business”.
It works with any clumping litter and it comes with a clump stick to remove attached clumps.
The entry area measures 7.5″.
- It cleans simply by spinning the unit
- No batteries, plugs or cords needed
- It works with any self clumping litter
- It comes with a Clump Stick
- Made of 100% recycled polypropylene.
- Sturdy construction
- Dimensions when assembled: 18″ W x 20″ H x 14.5″ D.
HOW IT WORKS
To clean the Litter Spinner simply put your hands on top of the drum and spin the unit a little more than one rotation, making sure to bang on top a little bit to allow any litter out. Cat waste is divided from clean litter though a drawer-screen system inside the unit. The process is similar to other brands but the Litter Spinner has its own base to spin over.
Then spin backwards to the original position to even the litter for the next use.
Remove the tray and the waste, put it in a trash bag and dispose it.
See a video how the Litter Spinner works.
- Simple cleaning system by manually spinning the litter box
- Good for cats that like privacy
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy unit
- It keeps dogs out of the litter box
- It saves litter as it stays cleaner if spinning every day
- Hole in the back of the box to empty the dirty litter to change it
- It takes less room than other similar cat litter box systems
- The drawer that collects the waste gets stuck in the litter box and it is hard to pull it out.
- When pulling the drawer out litter spills on the floor (drawer is a screen itself so make sure to place a bag or mat under it)
- System cannot handle a lot of urine
- When feces are very small, the grate does not catch it all.
- Cat clumps get stuck on sides of the box and the provided clump stick is too small to remove it.
- Entry opening is rather small for big sized cat.
TIPS GIVEN BY CUSTOMERS
- When putting new litter make sure not to exceed the filling mark inside the unit otherwise it will be too heavy to spin and the screen won’t be able to catch the waste properly.
- If not assembled correctly, the Litter Spinning litter box won’t operate properly so make sure to fully follow the instructions.
- Place a mat or a bag under the tray when pulling it out.
- Fill with new litter regularly or the waste will reach the bottom and sticks to it.
- Good clumping litters are Scoop Away, Precious Cat Problem Training Litter.
The Litter Spinner works as advertised in the sense that it collects the cat waste by spinning the unit. However, this cat litter box does not work properly when pulling the tray containing the waste; it is hard to pull it out and it makes a mess with spilled litter on the floor when doing it.
Customers mention that the Litter Spinner litter box is rather small even for an average sized cat but it could be used with no problem for cats that do their “business” with the head outside the litter box. Young cats that can adapt better to this litter box’s system than older cats.
As every cat litter box it needs maintenance, so you have to disassemble the unit every two weeks or so to wash it, depending on how often the box is used.
For these reasons, pros and cons and customers reviews, the Litter Spinning cat litter box is not as desirable as other spinning units.
However, this cat litter box might work with a small cat, using a very good clumping litter and an often spinning (though still considering the cons as the spilled litter when pulling the tray out and how hard is to do it).